“Fun afternoon outing.” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A short self-guided forest hike followed by an up-close encounter with tame giraffes make this a pleasant excursion to the south of central Nairobi.
Gainesville, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Fun afternoon outing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had an extra day in Nairobi and wanted to fill our time with some kind of outing. We went to the elephant orphanage first and then here. We really enjoyed getting up close and feeding the giraffes. There isn't really anything else to do here, so I wouldn't go out of my way to go, but if you have free time, it is a fun and brief activity.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
“Fun but crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was interesting to feed the giraffe so close to us. They sure were beautiful but so many people were there that it felt like being in a zoo.

Visited July 2013
Waterford, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful and Heartwarming Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stopped by to visit while in Nairobi and I loved it. It is a wonderful place to get up close and personal with these gentle giants. When we arrived, it was quite busy with students who were there for a visit, but after a while, it thinned out and I was able to do what I had dreamed of doing....pet and kiss a giraffe!!! I can't believe how beautiful these animals are. Their faces are so sweet and they were so friendly. I have only ever seen them at zoos in the US, and they are so much bigger and beautiful here in Africa. It was a very memorable visit and I hope to bring my children next time to experience this wonderful place.

Stabekk
4 attraction reviews
“Kiss a giraffe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice place with close contact with giraffes.friendly And welcoming people. Seen it, been there, done it.

Nairobi, Kenya
“Giraffes up close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visit Giraffe centre every so often to help our kids experience and enjoy wildlife. The love it! It's good for Sunday outings after lunch. You get to feed the giraffes which is mind blowing for the kids.

Visited July 2013

Been to Giraffe Centre? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Giraffe Centre, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later