“Lovely animals and a great place” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Recommended
$180*
and up
Half-Day Giraffe Centre and Baby Elephant Tour...
Ranked #2 of 94 things to do in Nairobi
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lovely animals and a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Absolutely Worth a visit.
The animals are really beautiful and you can get real Close to them. The staff is also very friendly. We went there before lunch, and was some of few visitors at that time. So we got really good service.
You can feed the giraffes With Your mouth. A fun and wet experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“French kissing a long necked girl in a place called Karen, Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is an excellent part of the conservation effort for the Rothschild Giraffe. The centre has a number of breeding mothers and releases their offspring into the wild eventually. It also has entertaining warthogs. You can stand in a tall house and the giraffes come to see you if they'd like to. You get to feed them. I was encourage to hold some food pellets in my mouth so that the giraffe would come and take it from me. The staff are excellent, highly knowledgeable and informative. We got some great photos of a mother and two week old baby giraffe!

2 Thank AndyJaway
Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 242 helpful votes
“The Manor spoiled me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

If we weren't hanging out at the Giraffe Manor earlier, I would probably have thought that the Giraffe Center was the coolest thing ever. However, compared to the Manor, I found it very crowded and annoying. Perhaps it was just the tourists who were there jostling one another to feed the giraffes. There was definitely some good information about giraffes and I learned a bit but it's a bit too touristy for me.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank KatGD
Nairobi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL ROTHSCHILD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Visited the place a number of times coz l just cnt get enuf of it..........got to feed the girraffes n one of them licked my fingers it was scary at first but with more visits i got used to it......

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Anna M
Nairobi, Kenya
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Up close and personal with a Giraffe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Giraffe Center is well worth a visit. While on Safari you can only watch these majestic creatures roam the plains, at the Center you get to stand below them and really feel their heights than climb up a petting stand to feed, photograph and well, maybe even get kissed by one! I did have a giraffe there try to eat my hair scrunch!! Watching children feed them is priceless and the setting is beautiful and peaceful. There are other smaller animals around and some nice gifts in the gift shop. We often take children from our Kenyan school there and students of all ages enjoy it. There is a small educational exhibit that is quiet good too.

2 Thank Cyndy W

Travelers who viewed African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (Kenya) Ltd. - Giraffe Centre also viewed

Been to African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (Kenya) Ltd. - Giraffe Centre? Share your experiences!