“French kissing a long necked girl in a place called Karen, Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (Kenya) Ltd. - Giraffe Centre

Activities: Viewing wildlife
Attraction Details
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
“French kissing a long necked girl in a place called Karen, Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is an excellent part of the conservation effort for the Rothschild Giraffe. The centre has a number of breeding mothers and releases their offspring into the wild eventually. It also has entertaining warthogs. You can stand in a tall house and the giraffes come to see you if they'd like to. You get to feed them. I was encourage to hold some food pellets in my mouth so that the giraffe would come and take it from me. The staff are excellent, highly knowledgeable and informative. We got some great photos of a mother and two week old baby giraffe!

• Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
8 attraction reviews
“The Manor spoiled me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

If we weren't hanging out at the Giraffe Manor earlier, I would probably have thought that the Giraffe Center was the coolest thing ever. However, compared to the Manor, I found it very crowded and annoying. Perhaps it was just the tourists who were there jostling one another to feed the giraffes. There was definitely some good information about giraffes and I learned a bit but it's a bit too touristy for me.

Visited April 2013
Nairobi
“BEAUTIFUL ROTHSCHILD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Visited the place a number of times coz l just cnt get enuf of it..........got to feed the girraffes n one of them licked my fingers it was scary at first but with more visits i got used to it......

Visited January 2013
Powell, Tennessee, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Up close and personal with a Giraffe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Giraffe Center is well worth a visit. While on Safari you can only watch these majestic creatures roam the plains, at the Center you get to stand below them and really feel their heights than climb up a petting stand to feed, photograph and well, maybe even get kissed by one! I did have a giraffe there try to eat my hair scrunch!! Watching children feed them is priceless and the setting is beautiful and peaceful. There are other smaller animals around and some nice gifts in the gift shop. We often take children from our Kenyan school there and students of all ages enjoy it. There is a small educational exhibit that is quiet good too.

san francisco
14 attraction reviews
“Loved the giraffes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited this center on our first day in Nairobi after long plane ride(s). Was a great introduction to Kenya. Yes - we did see more giraffes in the following days - but this was a peaceful, educational setting. Loved the gift shop too.

Visited March 2013

Travelers who viewed African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (Kenya) Ltd. - Giraffe Centre also viewed

Been to African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (Kenya) Ltd. - Giraffe Centre? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (Kenya) Ltd. - Giraffe Centre, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.