“Why pay more?” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 103 activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Nairobi is known as the safari capital of the world. This is vibrant and energetic modern city where clients can enjoy a variety of wonderful day tours before setting of on a safari. Our top day tour destinations include the Karen Blixen Museum, Giraffe Centre and the black rhinos of Nairobi National Park among a host of other exciting options.
“Why pay more?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have used all of the big tour operators before - A&K, Micato, Tauk, etc. All excellent. I was equally as pleased with Tokenya - and probably more so since they didn't charge the big price tag. Excellent customer service, very responsive, and knowledgeable guides. I felt safe the whole time. OK - they didn't provide us with a free tote bag or cap with their name on it. But I could buy them on my own for fat less!

Visited September 2013
C K, Manager at ToKenya.Com Inc - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
ToKenya.com clients get to experience the most extraordinary African safari destinations with the luxury of a private guide and vehicle - all for 30-40% less than most group tours as attested by this client review.

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Exceptional Personalized Private Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We are back from our most wonderful trip to Kenya and Tanzania. We cannot thank ToKenya.com enough for making this a most memorable trip.

The tented lodges were magnificent each having it's own advantages. Tortolis had a fantastic dining area and the only drawback was the long trek up the path from the tents to the common areas. (but we all needed the exercise!) And the Mzubi Mawe camp had even bigger tents and we felt closer to nature and the animals. In fact, a baboon sprang onto our table during breakfast on the open lanai and stole several of our breakfast rolls. What a tale to tell.

The wildlife was phenomenal. We saw everything we could imagine except a polar bear. 3 leopards and 2 cheetahs were found which amazed us. We found two prides of lions feeding on their recent kills. Plus rhinos, hippos, giraffes, wildebeests, antelopes, wart hogs, birds of every flavor, monkeys, baboons and even a leopard turtle. And just the beauty of Africa was very exquisite.

Plus, the visit you arranged for us to see the Sheldrick Elephant Orphange was fabulous and educational. Thanks so much for that opportunity.

The one thing needed are paved roads and less dust! LOL

The only real disappointment was our transfer from the Mara Serena Lodge to Keekorok (because of over-booking issues I was told). I had hoped for the Mara Serena since I was last there with my since deceased parents in 1987. Keekorok was the least liked lodge and the food there was just eatable. Food at the other lodges was good. And being further east in the Mara, the game was less numerous and we had no access to the Mara River.

Nevertheless, all in all, we cannot thank you enough for all the work you did making all the arrangements for us over the past several months. I hope we did not bother you too much. And we all agree that we would love to recommend ToKenya.com to anyone we know who is planning a trip to Africa. Great Job !!!

Visited September 2013
C K, Manager at ToKenya.Com Inc - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. It was truly an honor to serve you. We know you had many excellent choices from whom you could have selected for your trip. We’re thank you for selecting ToKenya.com to arrange your safari. We also thank you making time in your busy schedule to write a sincere and thoughtful review of your experience.
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
“our trip to kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

ToKenya.com mad e it so easy to go on this fantastic safari - a trip of a lifetime. all we had to do was show up.. everything was done for us, they explained everything to us in detail, what to expect, what to bring, etc... they left no details undone. They worked so hard to make the trip perfect for us and it was! I cannot say enough how fantastic it all was and how great all the people were. our guide Tom was so knowledgeable and wanted us to have the greatest experience, it mattered to him. The scenery and animals were breathtaking. They stayed with us the entire trip from picking us up at the airport to dropping us off there. We just felt so taken care of.

Visited August 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

C K, Manager at ToKenya.Com Inc - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
At Tokenya.com we strive to do everything humanly possible to provide our clients with magical experiences and lifetime memories.

When we receive an amazing review such as this from a happy client we're humbled. It causes us to strive harder and raise the service level bar even higher.

Thank you must kindly for this beautiful review and the privilege of serving you both.
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“A trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I can't begin thank ToKenya for putting together such an amazing trip. There was not one problem from the time we left Boston and returned 14 days later. That is saying volumes when traveling so far and with 18 people. Once we landed in Nairobi we were greeted with the most fantastic guides. The guides stayed with us the whole trip. I loved that because your guide really got to know you and your group. Our guides name was Julius, and might I say he had the difficult task of making 7 women happy! He was the most patient and knowledgeable guide. He answered every question we threw at him with a smile on his face. Julius was the icing on the cake for us. I can't even begin to tell you about the beauty of Kenya. The people were so warm and welcoming. Of all the different lodging we had the Mt. Kenyan Lodge was my favorite. I would suggest to spend a few extra days there. The game drives were incredible. We did see the big 5 along with so many others. I really didn't expect to see so many animals and so close. We had a pride of lionesses walk right in front of our van with their nine babies was indescribable. We had the elusive leopard walk right next to our van with a fresh kill in its mouth. To see a heard of over 30 elephants walk 40 feet in front of your van with Mount Kilimanjaro in the background BREATHTAKING. I could go on and on. If you ever take a trip to Kenya please call ToKenya. You will not be disappointed. They really provided a trip of a lifetime!

Visited June 2013
C K, Manager at ToKenya.Com Inc - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you the opportunity to serve you and your wonderful group on this once-in-a-lifetime trip. We couldn't have asked for a more fun loving group of people. Your group brought lots of joy to the locals you met on this journey. Julius deeply appreciates your compliments and says he was honored to be your guide. Again thank you for the privilege of serving you.
Boston
“Kenya ...A Life changing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

For the past 12 years I have been providing travel opportunities to members of my travel club. We have explored the world and see such fantastic destination as Thailand, Norway, Egypt, Italy, United Kingdom and now Kenya. I have used a variety of tour operators during these 12 years and some have been fair and others have been excellent. However, ToKenya.com was outstanding and exceeded all of my group's expectations. I recommend this tour operator without hesitation and I would say if you are planning a trip to Kenya, ToKenya.Com Inc should be the ONLY company you contact.
From the moment of my first inquire to a follow up phone call after I returned home, there was absolutely NOTHING that this company would not do for me and my clients. There customer service is something that rarely exists in the travel industry today. They were outstanding.
I contacted them in October of 2012. We began the process and every step of the way was terrific. As a group we meet two times before we leave to get all of the last minute details worked out. At one of our meetings we Skyped ToKenya.Com personnel in so all of my traveler's questions could be answered. The middle man (me) was taken out of the equations. Any concerns or questions were answered directly by the tour operator.
We booked a 12 day tour with ToKenya.Com. Every aspect of the tour was handled with precisions and expertise. Not one of the 18 travelers in my group complained about anything. Everyone's expectations were met and in most cases exceeded. That is next to impossible to do with anything. If you want a trip of a lifetime...ToKenya.Com Inc is the place to contact.

Visited June 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

C K, Manager at ToKenya.Com Inc - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Arranging and executing a customized African safari with many moving parts for a group of 4 or 6 people takes some doing. To do it successfully for a diverse group of 18 requires an extraordinary level of skill and expertise. Fortunately these were some of the warmest, most fun loving people one could ever work with. It was truly a privilege for ToKenya.com to serve this wonderful group. We thank each one of them through their group leader for the kind words and compliments!

Been to ToKenya.Com Inc - Private Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage ToKenya.Com Inc - Private Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.