“Windsor Golf Hotel - what can you say? The lap of colonial luxury” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club

You added Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club to your Saves list
Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kigwa Road, off Kiambu Road, | P.O. Box 45587, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #25 of 122 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Windsor Golf Hotel - what can you say? The lap of colonial luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've visited the Windsor Golf Club twice now for meetings and conferences. It's a beautiful place inside and out in the lush Ridgeways suburb of Nairobi. I'm not a golfer and have little interest in the sport, but watching people pottering around the course against a beautiful wildlife-friendly backdrop was very relaxing. The food's good, the service is reasonable, I guess you pay for what you get. The interiors still have a colonial feel to them and the Oak Room is great conference venue. I haven't stayed in the hotel, so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not many hotels in Nairobi have the vastness of space ideal for a team building but as i discovered, Windsor is the just perfect a venue for that.
The well manicured lawns, the carpet soft golf course and fresh flowing air leaves you refreshed and relaxed not to mention the expertise in culinary by the chefs and amazingly good service by the banqueting team.

Good job! and as Save the Children, we enjoyed your servives

SVG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Windsor for two weeks in November last year. (I apologise for the delay in posting this review). I found the service to be superb in every area. All of the staff, from the cleaner to the manager, are helpful and efficient and best of all they smile ! This is not a modern flashy hotel and that is its attraction. It has real class. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with superb views over the extensive surrounding grounds. The food was top quality and plentiful. I enjoyed the selection of locals dishes, particularly the fish.
I had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager, Marc, who was sitting in the Bar one evening. He was very approachable and friendly. I am sure that if I had any complaints (which I did not) he would have sorted them immediately.
I am looking forward to returning to Kenya in June and will certainly stay at the Windsor.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Marc V, General Manager at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear SVK789,

Thank you very much for your review which you have made at the right time.

We are glad that you appreciate the look and feel of the resort.
Indeed our attractiveness is not in modernity thus the Victorian Style architecture.

We are here to offer the best of 5 star service to every guest and I don't mind any guest walking into my office to let me know of any challenge faced while in the resort.

We look forward to your next stay in June.
Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for business and unfortunately did not have time to try all the facilities. Hotel is well presented, if dated, grounds and room have exceptional appeal. Will be looking to visit again on next trip

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Jonathan H,

Thank you for staying with us and for kind the review,

We surely look forward to your next visit and want to let you know that your comfort is our business.

Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited this property in December and the hotel initially presents really well. The hotel is a little dated but the grounds are magnificent. The hotel has some staff issues but overall I think the staff tried hard. The TV did not work in my room and despite several times asking for help I gave up. The food was average and no restaurants close. The hotels decor is tired but it is fairly clean. All in all it is just an average hotel with some great views.

Room Tip: views are good
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lechiffre1,

Thank you for your review on our resort.
The Victorian style architecture at the Windsor golf Hotel & Country Club is appreciated by many who visit the resort in addition to the serene views our ground offer.

We welcome your point of view which is normal knowing every guest is different.

We however look forward to hosting you once our renovations are complete.

Thank you.
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been in this hotel during a business convention and therefore I did not unfortunately had the opportunity to use some of the facilities of the Hotel, such as swimming pool, golf course or gim.
Still the hotel looks as a fantastic and very nice hotel of the '70s, but nothing changed meantime...

Room Tip: Rooms with a view on the golf course
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Marc V, General Manager at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Marioviaggiatore,

Thank you for your review and for appreciating the Victorian Style of architecture that the resort has.

I hope and look forward to your next visit where you will have time to sample every thing that the resort has to offer.
Udaipur, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed in this hotel from 18-02-2015 to 20-02-2015, Once I entered the hotel and my room it gave me wow factor. Great property, nice comfortable rooms. But when I started using appliances there I was shocked as what kind of management and housekeeping we have. TV didn't work, called the staff and they did something and it started showing 3-4 channels, Though on the card it was showing around 18 channels, but most of them was not available on TV. I wanted to go out for dinner though keeping valuables in electronic safe, but this also didn't work. again called the staff they took one hour but couldn't fix it. I asked reception to change my room and I was told there is no other room available. But on my continues persistence they shifted me to other room and in that room also I wasn't getting most of TV channels. Nowadays tea/Coffee maker in the room is quite common and is an essential item but this hotel doesn't provide this facility. No mini bar or mini fridge in the room. Lighting in the room wasn't proper, there is work table but you can't work there as there wasn't sufficient light there. I again requested and they provided me a table lamp. Wondering why it was not there on the table at first instance. Pedestal fan provided in the room was what that is generally used outdoor with high speed motor. It was making so much of noise that you can't sleep. Any way though property is nicely maintained but these irritants created big problem for me. I will definitely not use this hotel next time, there are many better options available to try. This hotel is far from city centre and there is nothing nearby you can walk to.

Dear Pknijhawan,

Thank you for taking time to make this review, which we take positively.

Unfortunately, during the duration of your stay we had an issue with our Cable TV Service thus the small number of channels available. We communicated the same to all our in-house guests as it was a situation that was beyond us.

It is our business to ensure every guest enjoys this 5 Star facility with 24 hour free room service. Very soon, our accommodation rooms will be renovated offering a whole new experience.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Been to Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!