“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club

Save Saved
You added Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club to your Saves list
Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kigwa Road, off Kiambu Road, | P.O. Box 45587, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Nairobi
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Pathetic guest service from the reception down to the gal on the pro shop a lot of attitude to accompany her luck f hospitality even the pool attendant was by far better than her. Poor service at the pool restaurant n fine dinning. Not impressed at all. Couldn't wait to check out
What stood out of my 2nd experience here was the guy who assisted my luggage to my room, the room service was my best too both shifts. N the meals were v.delicious.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Skopje
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were very disappointed by the Hotel. Really not a 5 star standard. Maybe 3 stars. Our room was old (kind of grandma room), lacked maintenance and was not very clean (floor, toilets). The fine dining restaurant was a joke - the only fine dining feature was the price: terrible service (we have given up waiting for a wifi password, the drink menu and the mustard). The room service burger was good though.
The Golf course is incredible, perfect fairway and a lot of animals (monkeys, birds, etc) which make you think you are in a "golf safari" but this should be rated directly at the Golf. This is I think the confusion that most people made.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Maastricht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pros
I must admit that having heard many people sing of Windsor, I couldn't wait to be here but I was disappointed. I feel this place is highly overrated thanks to the golf course and the fact that it is historical. If you want a place where you can walk, jog or have a peaceful quiet time, then go here. The breakfast is good, credit given.

Cons:
Despite being the only visitors at the reception, the check in process took forever. As much as we arrived at 6 PM we were told that our room was not ready and so had to be hurriedly prepared. Shock on us when I got to the room, not only are the rooms so old with unpolished floors, the showers are from another age. The room was literally what I call "grandma" . In addition, you will have to save some energy to look for the sockets to charge your electronics as they are hidden behind tables. The following day there was a lizard comfortably walking on our desk. I quite regretted why I suggested to my partner we finish our holiday here, I could not wait to check out!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor, you have a door to a private garden where you can sit and work.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Leominster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My stay here was for two weeks. Honestly I wish I hadn’t. After the first week I had an A4 page full of issues I had with the hotel, which I approached the management with. Issues included such as an unpalatable meal in their fine dine restaurant, a light hanging loose on the wall by the mirror in the room on-suite, noisy events going on till 1am, being told off by a caddy when I was out for a walk on their grounds, etc. etc. Following the talk with management the situation marginally improved.

They had the Great Lakes Conference on at the hotel during my stay, with all the African heads of State, the hotel made no contingency plans for their staying guests. I had to force my way past two African body guards manning the doors, as they were barring me from getting to my room at the end of the day. I then walked straight through the main hotel lobby reception that was full of heads of State and numerous body guards with not the most welcoming of expressions on their faces. But what choice did I have, sit outside the hotel and wait till it finished? I couldn’t even get to the bar without forcing my way in. I wouldn’t have liked to have been there with my kids.

I was in Nairobi for business and at the end of every day I had to come back to the hotel, at the end of the two weeks I couldn’t have left quick enough. If you want to play golf, you'll like the hotel, if you don't like golf stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: You'll be lucky
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was at this Hotel for 2 days for business and its lovely. The grounds are well kept, the service is awesome, the food is great too.
The rooms are nice and comfortable.
I loved the green all over- grass, trees

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My friend's mom was turning 82; so we organized a luncheon. The food was amaziinnggg! The place is beautiful and oh so huge! The staff is great. Service is perfect. I didn't get the chance to check out their rooms though. I bet they are spacious.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I didn't stay at this property however I always pop tot he Windsor Club whenever I'm in Nairobi. It's a great course to play if golf isn't your thing then the running tracks tend to get used by people in my party (Not me). The pool area is Great this is the most relaxing place in Nairobi.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!