“Go there!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club

Save Saved
You added Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club to your Saves list
Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kigwa Road, off Kiambu Road, | P.O. Box 45587, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #26 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
“Go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My friend's mom was turning 82; so we organized a luncheon. The food was amaziinnggg! The place is beautiful and oh so huge! The staff is great. Service is perfect. I didn't get the chance to check out their rooms though. I bet they are spacious.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I didn't stay at this property however I always pop tot he Windsor Club whenever I'm in Nairobi. It's a great course to play if golf isn't your thing then the running tracks tend to get used by people in my party (Not me). The pool area is Great this is the most relaxing place in Nairobi.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at the Windsor with a large group of international friends for our son's wedding. The building is stunning - whilst only 30-40 years old, it transports one to colonial days or the English countryside. Our room was nice, others a bit "tired" but the biggest complaint was VERY LOUD music from a corporate event on the grounds that went "doof doof" until 2 am! Not good. The buffet breakfasts were fine, the casual dining menu wide ranging. I did not mind the food and the catering for the wedding was great. Down side? The front desk staff were unhelpful and seemed very confused by simple tasks. I ended up leaving without paying ( I was returning after a safari) because the cashier was hopeless. Upon return I connected with the lovely Jedidah who had done our original reservations. She kindly sorted everything out but shouldn't have had to. The front desk is the weak link at this hotel; everyone else was pleasant. BUT they really need to do something about loud functions (I have to be careful because we did also have a function but it was over by 12 and not hideously over-amplified). In summary, the Windsor delivered what we needed - a wonderful venue and well catered wedding but it would have been nice to sleep the night before and also to have this inconvenience acknowledged.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Pineville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Overall, it wasn't a bad stay. The hotel staff were very kind, professional, courteous, and well-dressed.

Checking in was time-consuming. The room was somewhat poorly lit and the wooden floors were creaky and very dusty. Bedding was somewhat outdated and the mattress was like sleeping on cement- I would have moved all the blankets and slept on the floor if it hadn't been so dirty.

The bathroom was an adequate size and had a tub and separate shower. I didn't use the tub. The shower curtain wouldn't close all the way around the shower, so the floor was soaked after showering.

I was grateful that they had complimentary wireless internet service.

I ate there three times- the first was for breakfast outside overlooking the golf course. Please note that it's not a free continental breakfast- they charged me 2200 Kenyan Shillings which was over $20. Don't put honey on your breakfast- the bees come from everywhere and end up in your plate and on your food.

Dinner later by the pool was much more relaxing- I had a really nice steak (for about the same price that the breakfast was). I asked for medium rare, and it was more like medium well, but still very tasty.

Another time I ordered room service- ordered another steak medium rare- it showed up about an hour and a half later and was well-done. I would have sent it back, but it was late.

If you use the business center computers, be prepared to pay about 4-5 dollars. I used it for about 3 minutes to check email (which was unable to do) and they still charged me.

There was no air conditioning in the room, but a loud floor fan is provided. Or if you're brave enough, you can sleep with the window or the door open as the outside temps at night were in the low 70's.

Safety and security at the hotel was good. I hear that it is one of the better hotels in the Nairobi area.

Room Tip: ask for a room with air conditioning
Bujumbura, Burundi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I spent three wonderful days at Windsor. Incredibly good to jog with monkeys around you. Nature all around you.
The smile of the staff make you happy.
What else can one desire as accommodation in Nairobi?

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed. The staff is incredibly helpful and kind. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, also well illuminated and with adequate amenities. The hotel building is simply breathtaking, and both the restaurant and the poolside bars have delicious food. I can't even describe what a great experience my stay in this hotel was, from start to finish everything was perfect.

Security wise I felt incredibly safe, every car coming in gets searched and they take guest safety really seriously.

There are two things you shouldn't miss if staying at the Windsor, the first is a morning breakfast outside the restaurant, looking at the ducks in the golf course. And the second is the walking trail, if possible, do the 5km route, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: If staying on the far end of the main building (e.g. room 120) take into account that the walk to th...
Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I checked into this hotel looking forward to a weekend of rest. I was told there would be an event Friday night. I am a frequent user of the hotel in the past.

Nobody told me it would be an extremely loud band playing very loud boom box style bass sound, vibrating everything in my room, including me, until 2:00 am.

Had they done so, I would have gone elsewhere.

I have stayed here before because it is a grand old hotel. But, I will not have this happen again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Room Tip: The east end of the hotel is close to where the partying happens. The hotel could have chosen to put...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Marc V, General Manager at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Jeff C,

Thank you for your review. Our grounds are preferred by many for hosting outdoor events like weddings and corporate functions. We have a strict policy to reduce the noise levels after certain hours. Just for the record, we always notify our guests and neighborhood residents about such events in the hotel and we apologize for this inconvenient evening.

We look forward to hosting you again since this is not a daily occurrence

Been to Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!