I was in this place last week of May. Amazing experience and an absolute seclude for reflection, revival and energetic resting. The hiking trails are super and have beautiful monkeys with white collars feathers. So friendly. The path for biking and bike rentals on site makes this place a paradise for sportive crowd. The 8 hole golf court is amazingly planned over hilly parts of the facility which adorns your eyes with limitless beauty. Spa and the steam room is refreshing and relaxing. When you check in, you will be whisked away to your room by a golf porter car....that was hill orioles for me.....I sent photos of me in that car and all my friends sent a WOW effect reply. Wifi is excellent and that's just what the new world needs:): food is of excellent quality and varieties are available.
Annoyances to be changed by management
1. Television system is old fashioned and not easy to understand. The remote is there but you can get the TV on easily. There is a way to put it on and off that is hard to understand. It was very frustrating. If the technician helps you to put it on, you must remember to memorize how to switch it off otherwise you will have TV on the whole night...annoying. Change to the most upbeat systems for 21st century crowd.
2. Mosquito Net Is missing. In a malaria prone country in Africa it is mandatory to have mosquito nets for customers. The rooms get hot at night and in the absence of AC I was tempted to open windows and enjoy the fresh breeze of the night. First night I was bitten by a mosquito then I had to close windows and suffer the heat. There is a fan but I don't do well with fans as they irritate my nostrils and make me sneeze.
3. Rugs in the rooms need steam washing as they are dusty. I am allergic to dust and I have a habit of checking rugs and carpets before in settle in to be sure they are not dusty. The second day of my stay, I had allergy reaction (watery eyes, sneezing and itchy eyes and ears). I checked the rugs in the room. Upon lifting one rug in my room, I realized that there was a sponge underneath the rug which I don't think had been cleaned since it was placed there. It was very dusty and moldy. Management has to look into this seriously.
4. Tapes are old and hard to operate. Replace with trendy easy to use taps. Also water temperature was very low so if you love hot shower, you will be disappointed.
5. Room service guys need lots of training about how to talk and attend to customers. Every time I ordered ford through room service, I had trouble with the girls who are either on training and don't know what is available and also don't have a clue about customer handling. They were often timid, rude or impatient. It seems that the hotel is giving employment to girls and boys from the community which is a good CSR act but that may cost the credibility of the hotel as customer service is going down...specifically in room service area.