“Loved the food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club

Save Saved
You added Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club to your Saves list
Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kigwa Road, off Kiambu Road, | P.O. Box 45587, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Nairobi
“Loved the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We resided at the hotel over a weekend and it was a welcome experience far from the hustle & bustle of City. The hotel has lovely gardens and well manicured lawns, the golf course is in pristine condition. Best of all the food is fantastic to say the least, well prepared and fresh. I recommend the breakfast any day.

The wifi in the room is good but the cottage can do with some improvement. The decor and fixtures are aging and need to be upgraded. There steel fans in the room make such a racket when switched on and interfere with your sleep especially if you have an infant and the TV has quite a procedure when switching on. Would have preferred a simple on/off switch.

Nevertheless I still recommend a stay in this hotel if not for the rooms but for the excellent menu and service.

Room Tip: The cottages have parking space
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Marc V, General Manager at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Hillary2012,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed you stay at the hotel. We have embarked on renovating the hotel which will give every guest a memorable experience.

Thank you and welcome again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I went to the windsor with great expectation only to be disappointed
They did not provide a baby cot for my 7 month old baby neither did they provude a kettle to warm her milk, food etc
The fridge in the room was not working causing my baby's medicine to gi bad
Their rooms are so dirty they do not even vacuum the rags
Their staff are so slow and lazy some even rude..I guess they are demotivated
The food variety especially dessert is so limited
Ocassionaly there was no hot water in the bathroom..
But what irritated me the most is that they are not wheelchair/baby stroller friendly... no ramps whatsoever.
For the amount of money spent here, definitely feel conned
Worst hotel I've stayed in. Would never recomment it to anyone

• Stayed May 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The rooms need upgrading.
The North wing had no water and I had to be moved to another room. I waited for almost 20 minutes to have a loader carry my belongings to the reception. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that the room I was to move to had been taken. I had to wait for another room- it took another 15- 20 minutes.
I then called housekeeping to request for an iron. First attempt, assuming it was the iron- the housekeeper went to get another. Second, attempt, we realized the sockets were not working! She was so kind by offering to take my clothes for ironing.
Windsor management.....please re-vamp your services!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My fiance Bruno and I stayed here for a week over the Christmas holidays in 2013 and had an outstanding experience. The service was excellent especially from an older gentleman by the name Edward who was a fantastic and hospitable waiter. What really stole the show though was the magnificent view! The golf course is really well maintained and the expansive grounds are very welcoming to anyone who loves being outdoors.

My fiance is from Paris, France and I live in Manhattan, New York and we travel a lot all over the world both for pleasure and for business and we both think Windsor has a very welcoming aura and a charm that exceeds that of most several five star hotels we've stayed in over the years. Some people may have found the rooms a little outdated but they are in the process of renovating the place so in no time the place will be just PERFECT!!!

We loved it so much that we're planning on having our wedding here at the Windsor Club in December 2014 and we'll recommend that all our guests from abroad stay here. We are super excited and have heard really good things about the general manager Marc as some of our friends who live in Nairobi and their parents are members at this golf club. We will keep you posted on how our wedding goes because this may be a great spot for destination weddings! More to come!

V Kariuki & Bruno F

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was one of the best places I have been to. It was indeed a true country club experience. The huge golf course with an expansive natural forest where you can do treks and walks and runs in teh evenings or any time. this was amazing. we enjoyed these walks and left fit that we went.
The pool is small but heated making swimming easy on cold nairobi days. Its away from town but the hotel offers a shuttle to town if you reach a certain number. dont remember how many.
The workers were so hospitalble and honest. I left my 1200 USD on my bed in my wallet as i dressed (forgot) but I found this put in the safe for me with a note to get the pin number from the reception. The lady who did this was I think Margaret. What an experience.

Super good rooms. The food may not be the best.. Just like much of Kenyan food but can suffice.

There are many positives about the Windsor. TRULY A COUNTRY CLUB.

Room Tip: I think any room is good because they face the golf course. but closer to golf course is better. a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Located at a corner in Nairobi the place is extremely beautifil. It is green and the golf ground is something you can just sit and enjoy as long as you can. The food is excellent and very helpful. The conference rooms are also very nice, well aired. Great place to be in

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Was in Nairobi for business and just headed over for the weekend, great pool and pool side menu and very attentive staff. Not stayed there but very much enjoyed the day by the pool. Would recommend for a visit

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!