There are lots of things to love about this place. We went New Years Eve for a family wedding. The Kenyan Government did the unspeakable on the fireworks by banning them due to "security concerns". The hotel itself is a lovely setting but there were small things they need to improve on.
1. The receptionist was nice and friendly, but there needed to be more people helping on reception when it's busy! 0/5
2. The two miserable faces in the pro shop need to get another job, rather than dealing with customers.
3. Food prices bordered on robbery. The most expensive hotel I've stayed in at the coast was still around two thirds of the prices charged here.
4. Breakfast on New Years Day... Nice food, but the queues at the egg station would indicate the need for more service in that area. The room was terrible with a cold wind blowing through it... and only 10 seat tables (limited) available. Then a hotel staff member was just taking cutlery from the table for no apparent reason. He took the milk jug for my coffee and said he would get me fresh. It never reappeared.
5. My bed was a bit hard and uncomfortable... but that could just be me.
6. Water was a problem new years day. Our room there was hot water but no cold, a relative had cold water but no hot.
7. On Jan 1st we had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. So they PHONED the room to see when they could come in and clean. Hey! We were there for 2 nights... so why call us in the morning and DISTURB us? It felt like the hotel was run for the benefit of the cleaning staff and not the guests.
Things to do....
It's expensive at 1000 shillings per person, but the bird walk is fun and informative.
Walk up to the start of the 10th Hole where there is a snack bar, to get a quiet drink away from the crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Golf Hotel & Country Club is a Kenyan 5 star hotel resort with a cluster of impressive Victorian style buildings with 130 deluxe rooms comprising twins, doubles, studio suites and cottages all overlooking our spectacular 18-hole championship golf course, are tastefully decorated and have five-star amenities. With a 16-hour business center, free internet access in all rooms & free wifi in public areas, jogging track, tennis & squash courts, heated pool among other facilities ensure you and even your family won’t miss a moment of excitement when you choose to stay/visit the Windsor. Our greatest asset is SPACE, an AWESOME AMBIENCE and YOU our most valuable guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel And Country