“Restful setting” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club

You added Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club to your Saves list
Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kigwa Road, off Kiambu Road, | P.O. Box 45587, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #27 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Restful setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I attended a conference at the hotel 13-15 Sept 2011. The hotel is located in a lovely setting. The hotel facilities are well maintained.
The bathrooms are spotlessly clean. The rooms are spacious and clean. Bedding is very heavy and not modern. The curtains are thick and not easy to close or open. The curtains also feel sticky. It was nice to walk out of your room into an outside passage, rather than a hotel passage. This brings you close to nature and you can enjoy the wonderful weather so much quicker and at any time.
The conference facility does not have the standard modern equipment you will find in other facilities today, but this does not hamper you from delivering an effective conference.
The staff at the reception is friendly and well trained. So is the cleaning staff.
The service at the breakfast and dining facilities are not up to standard.
1) the breakfast facility is not ideal: its to small, not enough seats, cramp dish-up space and tables are not cleared quick enough;
2) staff are slow to respond to service requests: it takes long to receive a cup of coffee on your table, to get a re-fill take time, to get a baked egg is slow and egg never comes as ordered;
3) staff does not understand an order;
4) staff is not always visible to respond to a request for service.

A lovely hotel, but service can improve.

Room Tip: Preferably a room rather that a cottage. The cottages are to far to walk.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kimanijm, E-Commerce Co-ordinator at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for your time to make your feedback known to us.
We are working to make our accommodation facilities more comfortable for all our guests.
We are also upgrading our conference facilities to meet our clients conferencing needs.

As for our service delivery we're working to ensure improved and effective service for all our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I've stayed at the Windsor twice, most recently for 2 weeks as part of a large group. My rating is due to the appalling treatment I suffered on checking out of the hotel. I complained that the hotel's dry cleaning service had melted my suit jacket several days before I was due to leave the hotel. The material was burned and melted in a strange circle pattern which I presume was a result of a spray that was used during the dry cleaning process. I raised the issue again on check out and was left waiting in the lobby for almost 2 hours before anyone took any notice. Eventually, the manager saw me and said that because I had requested an iron for my room during my trip, I had obviously burned the suit myself and was seeking to blame the hotel. I was absolutely outraged at the accusation that I had deliberately ruined one of my own suits. I also attempted to explain that it would have been impossible to create the melted patterns on my suit jacket using the hotel's iron. In any event, the manager insisted I pay the amount which I had been charged to have my suit burned and he refused to discuss the matter further. I was absolutely disgusted by the way I was treated by the manager and his staff. I would not recommend that anyone use the hotel's laundry/dry cleaning service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
We regret the occurrence of this unfortunate incident due to a misunderstanding and hope this will not occur again.
Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were here for a wedding of a relative. The grounds are superbly kept and the hotel is spotlessly clean. Despite having 2 weddings in the hotel there wasn't noise to keep any sleepy ones awake. Extra dark curtains ensure this as well. They need to work on the mix ups at the front desk with bills. Its not funny to be slapped with a $10,000 bill in the morning that doesn't belong to you. The food could also be better. Overall nice cozy hotel

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
mombasa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights mid July.we took the cottage which was reasonably priced for 6 of us.There was a lot of room too. Decor was lovely and rooms open to the golf course ahead.good place to just relax and very peaceful.service was good,friendly staff and lovely breakfast. Besides golf they have a gym,spa and a nice long walking trek.it is on the suburbs of Nairobi a bit aloof, but worth it

• Stayed July 2011
Kimanijm, E-Commerce Co-ordinator at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Dear Raha_10,

It was a great privilege to have hosted you here at the Windsor and we are even more grateful to you, taking time to make this comment public. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we definitely look forward to hosting you & your friends again.
We continue to refurbish our room to better and complement the ambiance here. Our Chef has definitely put in alot of effort to make the food (i.e. breakfast) as you have put it "lovely". We rely on our support staff to make your stay worth while and they have done it for you.

In addition to the tracks spa & gym we have the heated pool, squash & tennis courts, thanks for sampling our facilities.

Well, as for our location, we indeed are in the suburbs but alot is happening around us, there is a newly opened shopping mall 5 minutes drive from the hotel and another one is already underway in construction. The major Thika Road super highway and road by-passes are almost finished and driving in and out of the city will be greatly eased.

For now, if you want to avoid the traffic snarl-ups experienced in the city center, The Windsor is the preferable accommodation choice, yet there is ease of access to any other part of Nairobi City.

Thanks.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Overall this is a nice hotel. It is very old school....the rooms and overall ambiance are charming. A few improvements could be made...beds were a little hard, not air conditioning in the rooms. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Kimanijm, Manager at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you Nep1984 for taking time to comment on our hotel. We'll work around that bed issue, sort it and upgrade. We look forward to hosting you again.
Londonderry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

The Windsor is a very nice hotel with a great golf course. Wifi was weak outside of the main lobby and the rooms had no fans or air conditioning. The gym was pretty good and I enjoyed the food. Tee times were easy to arrange and green fees were cheaper than almost any course in the states.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Kimanijm, E-Commerce Cordinator at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you for your warm comments on our hotel. The golf course is a unique part of the hotel and just to let you know, there is currently no other such hotel in Nairobi. You can now get a fan upon request for we have increased our units of portable fans. We are glad that you enjoyed using our golf course and hope to have you visit us again.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I spent 5 nights at the windsor to attend a conference. The location is nice but rather remote. some like that, I don't. Personnel is rather friendly and attentive. Breakfast lacks variety. I'd like some more cheeeses n cold cuts, coffee in sometimes diluted. for lunch n dinner the chef is rather "generous" with oils n fats, not that healthy. Rooms do not have A/c which is necessary in summer! Illumination of rooms is rather "economical". The place is ideal for golf players but not for me.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Kimanijm, Ecommerce Cordinator at Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear Serengeti55,

Thank you for taking time to comment on our services, Our Chef will definitely consider your comments and work toward achieving more variety for breakfast and all meals. As i write this mail, ALL rooms have in them fans to complement or architecture - this will help greatly in days of high temperatures. As for the lighting, we are looking into that .... Hope we can change your mind to come again...

Been to Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!