“Nice place, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Jacaranda Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waiyaki Way | PO Box 14287, Nairobi 00800, Kenya   |
Ranked #45 of 125 Hotels in Nairobi
Budapest, Hungary
“Nice place, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The room was quite nice, quiet clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful. The hotel is in the city center, close to shopping facilities. The wifi in the room was working well. There was a fridge in the room and they brought fresh bottled water every day, which is vital in a place where you cannot drink tap water.
It's not a cheap hotel, but you can find a good deal, since Nairobi is not a cheap city, at all.

Room Tip: windows looking at the garden
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about our property and facilities and we I appreciate that you have taken your time to review our hotel and most importantly for sharing your experience during your stay with us.

We take note with pride, your positive comments about our hotel and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Equally, we are pleased that our rooms met your expectations and our staff were helpful. Your feedback on Wi-Fi is quite reassuring. We have been upgrading our Wi-Fi system for a while now and the process is almost complete hence knowing that such a venture is already impacting on our guests’ experiences is a motivation for us to work even harder.

I have shared your comments with my entire management team and staff who have wished you well and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Margaret Maingi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

It's an amazing place to stay during your visit to Nairobi, Kenya. It's location in the city center, it's design art, It's magnificence, it's ever smiling, caring and committed staff you will be amazed. I do recommend Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi as your most favorite destination.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write such a positive review about our property.
I have shared your comments with my team who are equally happy to learn that your stay with us was memorable and that we met your expectations. And we appreciate your positive comments and review about our location, hotel design, and our staff.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back at Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

The stay in Jacaranda was very comfortable and safe. The staff is friendly and helpful.The rooms are spacious, clean and well-equipped. The food is excellent. The hotel is well located and easy to access.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Jacaranda Nairobi as your preferred Hotel during your last visit to Nairobi and also for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It was indeed a pleasure to host you and you were a wonderful guest to us.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our rooms, food and location met your expectations as we look forward to welcoming you back to Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel during your next visit to Nairobi.

With Kind Warm Regards

Margaret Maingi,
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

The staff here are all friendly and helpful from the cleaning and security staff to the restaurant staff. The room was really comfortable and the overhead fan was enough top keep the air cooler at night. There was a little noise from outside in the evenings but it didn't carry on late or disturb me. The pool was lovely and there were great garden spaces and lounge areas to sit and relax. The salad bar at lunchtime contained one of the best ranges I have seen and the chef prepared a traditional Kenya dish for me on my last day even though it wasn't on the menu. I am vegetarian so was a bit concerned the menu would be limited for me but there were a few veggie dishes. Could do with adding some fresh vegetables to the vegetarian dishes but apart from that everything was really great.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
Dear Guest,

We are happy to note your positive review and compliments about our property and amenities especially our staff, rooms, and food. I have shared the same with my management team who are equally elated to learn that we met your expectations and the chef has promised to accommodate your requests in future once again.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel during your next visit to Nairobi.

With Kind Warm Regards

Margaret Maingi,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

Although at time of check in I requested a room where there was no noise (because I had already read reviews where people reported that the hotel could be noisy) I spent several nights of my stay unable to rest due to noise from outside came into my room. Besides the room assigned to me had a lot of dust which caused me a nasal congestion.

Room Tip: emphasize at the time of check in to get a room in the area with less noise
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel during your last visit to Nairobi and for taking your time to review our hotel.

First and fore most, please allow me to sincerely apologize for the poor service you received in our hotel. It is regrettable to learn that our product, especially the room quality did not meet your expectation having been allocated a room you didn’t prefer. I have made a follow up with my front office manager regarding the same and what I have gathered is that during the time of your stay, we were fully booked and the front desk could not get you a quieter room. However, this is not representative of our standards and I have personally held a meeting with the entire front office leadership to ensure that this does not re-cur. An alternative room would have definitely served you better.

I have shared your review with my management team who are very sorry too for this anomaly and more so to learn that you contracted an infection as a result of this error by the front desk team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jacaranda Nairobi.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

This was part of our Honeymoon and was the first hotel we stayed in on our journey. The staff were incredibly friendly on arrival, I felt safe which I think is very important. All around the hotel are fences, with armed guards checking everyone who comes in to the grounds. The room was fine, nothing out of this world, but it was comfortable and had everything we needed. It was clean! The breakfast was good, there was quite a lot to choose from, from pastries, cereals, pancakes and even a cooked breakfast. We dined in the pizza restuarant on one occassion which was good, its a short walk across the road from the main hotel but its not too far. We did attempt to eat in the onsite hotel, however there wasn't anything to our liking on the menu, not to say that it wouldn't have been good, we just didn't fancy anything. We ate out by the pool on a few occasions ( we only stayed in this hotel for 3 nights) we didn't get a chance to go into the pool, however it was lovely to sit outside under an umbrella and listen to the birds, insects etc.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and hotel facilities.

It was indeed a pleasure to host you on such a special occasion of your life and I am happy to note that we met your expectations. I have noted your compliments on our enhanced security and we are happy to learn that you felt safe and secure during your stay. I have equally passed your compliments about our food at the Pizza Garden Restaurant and breakfast to my Chef and while he is happy with the same, he feels sorry that you could not get any suitable item for you from the menu in our Safari Café. He has promised to look in to enriching the menu too and want to welcome you back during your anniversary to sample the same. Please alert me when you finalize your travel arrangements so that we can meat over dinner when you are around.

I otherwise thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel.

Kind regards,

Bujumbura, Burundi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

I spent a week at Jacaranda. I might say that the staff is very friendly, the hotel is green and ideally loctes but that does noy compensate the shortfalls. Flying ET306 with ETA Nairobi at 01:20 am I booked a pick up that did not arrive. I have to stay at the until 6:00 to avoid Nairobi taxis at night. According to the guest relations manager who apologized the driver was at the airport a 03:00 am...
My toilet inmy room 335 could flesh properly, internet was up and down. There is no AC in the room despite the heat in Nairobi.
Jacarnda Hotel may have a good hotel before (in the 90's) with make up. It needs a bit of lifting. Until then, there are better choices in Nairobi!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Jacaranda Nairobi as your preferred hotel during your last visit to Nairobi and more so for taking your time to review our services and facilities. I thank you for recognizing our staff for their efforts and our hotels location.
Secondly, please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you went through during your stay and in particular during your arrival. I have followed up with my front office manager regarding this case and the feedback I have is that the driver was at the airport on time but there must have been some communication breakdown resulting to this. For this, I once gain apologize because this is not representative of our brand standards and we should have done better and we have put necessary measures in place to ensure that this does not re-cur.
I have also noted your concern about our WI-FI, lack of an AC in your room and intermittent failure of your room’s toilet flushing system. While we still apologize on these, I would like to let you know that we have made strides in fixing the WI-FI problem by installing a new system; a process that began last week and I am happy to note that with just a quarter of the project’s implementation we have seen tremendous improvement in our WI-FI signal. And the flushing system problem was finally located and fixed permanently while the AC installation is a project that is on-going with a number of rooms already having been fixed with ACs. The next time you book please request for a room with an AC or let me know prior to your arrival so as to arrange for this.
I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back at Jacaranda Nairobi.

With Warm regards,

Margaret Maingi

Been to Jacaranda Hotel? Share your experiences!