“First taste of Nairobi” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 119 Hotels in Nairobi
Bristol, United Kingdom
“First taste of Nairobi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was part of our Honeymoon and was the first hotel we stayed in on our journey. The staff were incredibly friendly on arrival, I felt safe which I think is very important. All around the hotel are fences, with armed guards checking everyone who comes in to the grounds. The room was fine, nothing out of this world, but it was comfortable and had everything we needed. It was clean! The breakfast was good, there was quite a lot to choose from, from pastries, cereals, pancakes and even a cooked breakfast. We dined in the pizza restuarant on one occassion which was good, its a short walk across the road from the main hotel but its not too far. We did attempt to eat in the onsite hotel, however there wasn't anything to our liking on the menu, not to say that it wouldn't have been good, we just didn't fancy anything. We ate out by the pool on a few occasions ( we only stayed in this hotel for 3 nights) we didn't get a chance to go into the pool, however it was lovely to sit outside under an umbrella and listen to the birds, insects etc.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bujumbura, Burundi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent a week at Jacaranda. I might say that the staff is very friendly, the hotel is green and ideally loctes but that does noy compensate the shortfalls. Flying ET306 with ETA Nairobi at 01:20 am I booked a pick up that did not arrive. I have to stay at the until 6:00 to avoid Nairobi taxis at night. According to the guest relations manager who apologized the driver was at the airport a 03:00 am...
My toilet inmy room 335 could flesh properly, internet was up and down. There is no AC in the room despite the heat in Nairobi.
Jacarnda Hotel may have a good hotel before (in the 90's) with make up. It needs a bit of lifting. Until then, there are better choices in Nairobi!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Jacaranda Nairobi as your preferred hotel during your last visit to Nairobi and more so for taking your time to review our services and facilities. I thank you for recognizing our staff for their efforts and our hotels location.
Secondly, please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you went through during your stay and in particular during your arrival. I have followed up with my front office manager regarding this case and the feedback I have is that the driver was at the airport on time but there must have been some communication breakdown resulting to this. For this, I once gain apologize because this is not representative of our brand standards and we should have done better and we have put necessary measures in place to ensure that this does not re-cur.
I have also noted your concern about our WI-FI, lack of an AC in your room and intermittent failure of your room’s toilet flushing system. While we still apologize on these, I would like to let you know that we have made strides in fixing the WI-FI problem by installing a new system; a process that began last week and I am happy to note that with just a quarter of the project’s implementation we have seen tremendous improvement in our WI-FI signal. And the flushing system problem was finally located and fixed permanently while the AC installation is a project that is on-going with a number of rooms already having been fixed with ACs. The next time you book please request for a room with an AC or let me know prior to your arrival so as to arrange for this.
I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back at Jacaranda Nairobi.

With Warm regards,

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A good and big hotel with a large area covered. A beautiful pool, restaurant, and great rooms. Room service comes with a price. There is a big mall and a shopping complex just behind the hotel and can be accessed from the rear entrance of the hotel. Overall the hotel is very descent place quite and cozy.

Room Tip: Get the rooms near to the pool side which fall at the rear of the hotel so accessible to the shoppin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and for your positive compliments about our swimming pool, restaurant and rooms.
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. I have personally passed this to my entire team who are equally happy and cherish the honor of having served you as we do look forward to welcoming you back to Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel during your next visit to Nairobi.

Kind Regards

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms are comfortable, having a fan did help as the outside temperatures were soaring. Very friendly and warm staff. Some issues with the internet but the management fixed the problem quick enough. Good locality, roadside local street stores as well as the Sarit mall at walking distance is a blessing!

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review our property and facilities. It was in deed a great pleasure to host you in our hotel and we are grateful for your positive compliments on our room amenities and staff.
I have shared this with my entire team who are equally delighted to learn that their efforts have been recognized as we look forward to welcoming you back to Jacaranda Hotel during your next visit to Nairobi.

With Warm Regards

Johannesburg, Afrique du Sud
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent location for this hotel.
I am staying there for 10 years when I am coming for business in Nairobi. It is good spot because we know what we will get.
Good hotel, good location, good security, staff is kind & try to help.
Recent renovation of the Gym & Spa, that's very good, could be great with better AC or Fan in the gym.
For the rest, we are waiting for the rewamp of the hotel decoration, bathroom, furniture... New hotels are getting there & we would love Jacaranda to stay on the top.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review our property and services and more so for your unrivaled loyalty and confidence in our hotel. Indeed it has been a pleasure to be at your service for the past 10 years and we value your commitment to us.

We are very delighted to note your positive comments about our hotel location, security and staff who have been helpful, but even happier that your loyalty in our service is not in doubt despite the few challenges we have encountered in the recent past.

I want to also again appreciate your observation on the need for a face-lift of the hotel and in fact take this opportunity to inform you that we have begun this process, which we are doing in phases with the first phase targeting rooms. And from the sample rooms nearing completion, I want to assure you that it will be the best product around.

I have also taken note of your comments about our Gym & Spa regarding the AC or Fan and I am addressing the same too. I otherwise once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

Good and quite place outside the CBD of Nairobi. Friendly and helpful staff. The best is the garden area. The breakfast buffet is good, the restaurant average but there are many restaurant options close by

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us and more so for having chosen Jacaranda Nairobi as your preferred Hotel during your last visit to Nairobi.
I am delighted to note your review and your positive compliments on our food, Staff and our gardens. Our promise to our guests has been to provide them with a unique Kenyan experience and I am glad to note that our staff were helpful during your stay; and I have shared the same with my entire team who are equally elated to learn that their efforts have been recognized.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to Jacaranda Nairobi Hotel during your next visit to Nairobi.

With Kind Warm Regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

The hotel has a good ambience,food and pool.
Though one thing that irritates me about it, is the service around the pool area is very poor. Food is always delayed over an hour. Any request normally goes unheard or again delayed.
All in all,they really need to improve their service.

Stayed January 2015
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Dear Sinclair S,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback from your last visit and for choosing Jacaranda as your preferred hotel.
We appreciate your positive review about our hotel’s ambience, the food and swimming pool and I have shared this with the entire team who are equally elated.

However, I have also taken note of your concern regarding the speed of service at our pool restaurant. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire team and we regret for not meeting your expectations during your last patronage at the pool restaurant. I have had a meeting with my food and beverage manager together with our executive chef in which a number of corrective measures have been discussed and I am happy to inform you that since we began implementing the same, we have continued to receive very positive comments from our guests. I will be glad to host you for a meal the next time you are in town for you to experience the difference. Please let me know.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

With Kind Regards,

Margaret Maingi

Been to Jacaranda Hotel? Share your experiences!