I really liked this hotel. The 1970s design is a really attractive features. However, I would say that there were some things I did not like. I did not feel welcome. Overall I think it was overpriced: $165 for one night.
1. It had a very post-colonial feel to it.
2. Upon arrival they wanted me to pay up front. My cards were instantly cancelled and after a 10 hour flight, plus travel time, it is not exactly what you want to hassle with -- They made me pay cash and told me they would return the money the next day or when my credit card payment went through. They refused to repay my cash the next day, which was a serious inconvenience.
3. The restaurant had the feel about it that they would prefer we weren't there -- the dinner was great -- vegetable packets in phyllo with vegetables, but it took forever and we were the only people there. The morning breakfast is a buffet, but the food was not good.
4. No nets over the beds or at least screens on the windows.
5. The porters and cleaners were very helpful and friendly, but the front desk staff and the restaurant staff were not.
6. The wifi was down most of the time in the room, which was a major hassle due to having to contact my bank about the cancelled credit card. When I called down to reception about it they asked when I was going to go to sleep.
It is close to a mall where we were able to get SIM cards and other essentials.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Jacaranda Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi