“Its a NO from me.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Its a NO from me.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

There's clear effort to upgrade this hotel, however, I was not impressed by the level of service, especially the ladies in the restaurant....they were keen on looking at the guests and deciding then deciding if they would give them god service or not.....The rooms do not have an aircon, and the inbuilt fan did not work, we ghot a portable fan that did little for the Nairobi heat. I dont know if this hotel provides internet free or chargeable, they brochure said to contact the Business center!
The hotel is close to a club and weekend nights were difficult, on sunday morning there was a loud curch service closeby....probably some aspects were good..I dont know..there were just too many wrongs for me..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Wema34,

Thank you for your feedback and review of our hotel.

Early this year we embarked on projects to improve our products and customer service. Among these are installing of ACs in the rooms, with a few rooms having them. In addition to the ceiling fans, we have the standing fans that are available to guests on request.

We have wireless internet covering the entire hotel, which is offered complimentary to all our guests (included in the room rate). We regret the inconvenience caused due to noise from a nearby club. We have already addressed this issue with their management and the city authorities to ensure all our guests have a comfortable and peaceful night’s rest.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have more feedback and suggestions that can help us improve and win you back.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have stayed here on and off for more than 20 years now - during which time, physically, the hotel has evolved. However the atmosphere remains the same - efficient, friendly and low key. Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear BWHU,

Thank you for your feedback and review of our hotel.

I am delighted to note you have remained one of our loyal and most treasured guests. We are continuously evolving and improving, with our key pillars of excellent guest service and professionalism remaining key.

I look forward to welcome you back to Jacaranda Nairobi, and sharing a cup of tea/coffee with you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as we started and ended our photo safari. It seemed to be a common occurrence - lots of tour groups/families coming in and out just as we did. The room was clean, but the tub had a bit of a draining problem and the ceiling fan made a lot of noise.

The pool was lovely. My daughter enjoyed a swim and we dined al fresco twice. Our last day, we checked out by 10 am but they kept our bags while we did a bit of final sightseeing and let us hang out in the lobby for several hours since we had a late night departure. The free wifi was really nice and much appreciated. This hotel was more or less what I expected based on our tour package itinerary.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Carrie,

Thank you for your feedback and review of our hotel.

I am delighted to note you enjoyed your stay with us, and in particular the swimming pool, complimentary wireless internet and courtesy of our staff.

Occasionally, we may experience challenges in terms of slow drainage and the ceiling fan’s speed being too slow for the guest’s preference. When brought up, we act with speed to rectify the problem and ensure guest satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your valuable review and I look forward to welcome you back to Jacaranda Hotel, Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited the spa in a group of four. Charity and her team were great at accomodating us and making special arrangements for us.The spa was very clean,quiet and cosy. Two members of the group were surprised at the amount of light available in comparison to other spas they have visited. You can read in the waiting area for an indication of how much light is avaialble:-)We arrived half an hour before our scheduled time for our treatments, unfortunately one of the therapists was running late so we didn't start on time as scheduled. We all enjoyed our individual treatments,especially the massages which were deep tissue and hot stone, and the reflexology. Two of us had the the basic facial,I think its the refreshing facial. I wouldn't pay to have it again and the other one of us who had it didn't seem necessarily thrilled. The manicures and pedicures were also nothing to write home about sadly in their quality. For the cost of treatments i.e. we each spent 125 dollars or thereabouts, I think the quality of treatments is wanting the staff are however remarkable and they trully made it a memorable experience for us. I would recommend this spa for the wonderful staff,the ambience, the massages(hot stone and deep tissue)and reflexology. I'm not sure I would go back for the basic manicure.pedicure and facial or recommend them. The spa is not fully equipped to handle large groups and though the staff out did themselves they were visibly strained even for resources. E.g. for the facials not enough steamers were available so hot face towels were used on some of my companions.
After the spa we headed off to the pool resturant at the hotel, we found an empty table sticky from the last guests,and had to request that it be cleaned after our order was taken. The food is over priced,and nothing to write home about. This is definately not a restaurant I will recommend or visit soon again. The staff at the restaurant were nice enough and courteous. I think Jacaranda has its biggest plus in its staff but for the money you spend you do not receive the value you should.I think the management ought to do something,I noted with interest other reviews also note a lack of value for big bucks required to access services at this establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bea G,

Thank you for your feedback and review of our hotel.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed the massages (hot stone and deep tissue)and reflexology. We have some of the most experienced and professional staff who do their best to provide excellent customer service. In addition, the prices of our products and services are competitive based on demand and supply, and we always do our best to provide value for our guests’ money. I have addressed this issue with our Health Club Manager and our Restaurant Manager to ensure the negative aspects do not recur. I would like to get in touch with you personally to update you on the progress and win back your confidence in us. Please feel free to email me through: kevin.kimutai@jacarandahotels.com.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is tired and needs to be refurnished, the staff are very friendly and the Internet works. Not my first choice for the next trip and feel that it is over priced for the overall quality of the hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mark S,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to review our hotel.

I am glad to note that you found our staff to be very friendly and our internet reliable. Indeed our staff are well trained to offer the best service possible.

Over the years, we have been improving the quality of our product through renovating rooms (last done in 200), construction of a state-of-the gym and spa and swimming pool. Hotel renovation is a continuous process and we are in the planning stages of installing Air Conditioning systems in all the rooms, among others so as to maintain a modern and comfortable feel.

In addition, hotel accommodation rates in Nairobi are very competitive due to the market forces of demand and supply. In line with this, we are focused on providing quality service. I would like to get in touch with you to specifically address these issues so that you may give us a chance to host you in future. Please feel free to email me on kevin.kimutai@jacarandahotels.com.

Jacaranda Hotels, Nairobi
P. O. Box 14287 -00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: +254 20 444 8713-7 | Mobile 0722 205 486/87 0733 601 613/14 | Fax: +254 20 444 5814
Brooks, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at the beginning and end of my safari. The rooms are basic, clean and not air conditioned. Breakfast had a better selection than most other stops on the safari. Bottom line, it was ok, nothing special, and perhaps over priced ( this was my first time in Nairobi, I'm not sure what is reasonable to expect for the price paid).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jacaranda-Hotel-Rep, Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Antevarum,
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to review our hotel.

I am glad to note that you had a comfortable stay with us, considering it was your first time in Nairobi.

Over the years we have been gradually improving the quality of our rooms through renovations and product addition to ensure maximum space, cleanliness and comfort. We are currently looking into installing Air Conditioning systems in our rooms to improve our guests’ comfort.

Generally speaking, accommodation rates in Nairobi are competitive considering the market forces of demand and supply. In line with this, we always seek to provide quality service. Please feel free to get in touch with us for future bookings and special offers and rates through emailing cro@jacarandahotels.com

I look forward to welcome you back Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at jacaranda as part of our tour, in all 3 nights. It's reasonable enough, good pool, and a handful of really nice staff but others werent so helpful. For the price of the room I'd be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Nathpugs,
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to review our hotel.

From your comments, I note that you found our products and services as reasonable.

I would like to personally get in touch with you to get more information and address the issue of some of our staff not being so helpful. Please feel free to email me on Kevin.kimutai@jacarandahotels.com.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Jacaranda Hotel? Share your experiences!