“Get away not to far away...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 38 Attractions in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
7 attraction reviews
“Get away not to far away...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

When seeking a quiet place to enjoy a good sundowner experience not far from the city, especially for those like me who find true solace and peace in the Kenyan bush, this is certainly one of my best places....

Silole is just behind Nairobi National park with front row access to the park... Talk to Will Knocker he will get you there

Visited July 2013

Ostend, Belgium
27 attraction reviews
“Very interesting place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Silole Sanctuary is a very nice place. I have been there 3 times now. Once with my family (kids 11-15+17), the otrher 2 times with friends.
The view is magnificent. There is a small villa for rent which is really authentic, with solar energy and nice internal design. The verandah looks out over Nairobi National Park . You can see the van's and jeep's driving around in search of the wildlife. Ofcourse you can see the wildlife as well.
It's a short walk to the hanging bridge to visit Kitengela Glass. Also nice experience.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nairobi National Park Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was in Nairobi for work in June and had one day off to explore the City. Having read the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to book a tour of Nairobi National Park and have a mini safari. Having a quick look on this site, I emailed a guide called Will Knocker from Silo Sanctuary (http://www.silolesanctuary.com) and arranged to meet him at the park for a half day tour of the park. The tour was great, Will really knows about the park, most likely because he has lived in it for the last ten years! As soon as we drove in, we saw a lioness and her cubs - a first for me. We then drove away from the tourist hub and went 'off-roading' taking in sitings of giraffe, hippos, elands, monkeys......the list goes on. Will was extremely knowledgable both about the animals and the park itself. Being by myself, it was great to have a private tour at a very reasonable price and I found Will to be a both a great tour guide and a very interesting man! Having lived in Kenya for most of his life, he knows a lot about the country and its people which was fascinating. I would definitely recommend him for your tour - he certainly knows his stuff.
Knowledgable, organised and a lot of fun!

Visited June 2013