“Steaks were spot on” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Nairobi, Kenya
“Steaks were spot on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I went in on a quiet Sunday evening for dinner. We were one of three tables there. The appetizers were great, we both ordered steaks and they were also fantastic, cooked just right and generous portions.

The service was very good too. I've had more bad experiences than good at the ABC location so this was a pleasant surprise and I'm definitely going back soon.

75% Recommend
Mauritius
“Very disappointing simple dish”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I came here for lunch with some friends, the location is great and decor and layout excellent. The service was good, quickly and friendly. Just a shame about the food, I ordered sausage and mash, a very simple dish which was really badly prepared. The gravy was poor and out of a packet, the sausages were thin with a bad taste and the mash was very dry with a total lack of seasoning. All in all one of the worst sausage and mash I have been served. The 3 others with me also had a bad meal experience. Very disappointing considering the investment and work in the over all restaurant and decor.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This place has amazing food. I went with three of my friends ,one of them had the open lasagna which was full of flavour and very tasty. My other friend had the mushroom crepe oh which was just divine with creamy mushroom filling. I had their chicken Kiev absolutely the best chicken I have tried. It was served on a bed of creamed spinach and was rightfully crispy with a rich filling of burnt butter and garlic that just melted in your mouth.
I suggest that you do not sit by the kitchen as they have an open kitchen and right at the entrance of the kitchen is where they do all their roasting. Otherwise the place is just awesome.

Visited September 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Likely the best meat in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had dinner there on September 2nd, a table of 6 hosted by our local partners. I had the crunchy crab salad which was vrry nice indeed and took a 300 grs Sirloin as main course. The meat was absolutely superb and cooked as requested. Hihgly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Additional Extras”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Agree with previous reviews, in that the atmosphere is great, the food was lovely. Portions are close to modest. The great downside is the price; definitely overpriced, but worse than this is that prices only include meat, and that condiments and side dishes have to be paid for separately. Service charge is not included either.

It is not the prices, but the dilution of the experience of a McDonald's style pricing system that degrades the experience, and means that I won't be going back.

Visited August 2013