We often have to travel for business to Nairobi. We have recently discovered the wonderful Nyati Hills and our home away from home. We have stayed for business on multiple occasions. Once with our kids (ages 6 and 8) and once solo. Hands down our favorite place to stay when in Nairobi.
Some of the advantages:
1. Safety - i stayed alone, with my kids, and felt completely safe and comfortable. I even slept with the door open on a few nights - something you don't get to do in Nairobi very often. I did not worry about personal safety a single time in the weeks that we stayed.
2. Wildlife - it was like a work/pleasure combo. I woke up every morning to a cup of tea and sat and worked on the very fast wireless. While i worked, i watched zebra, giraffe, rhino!!!, antelope - it was a wonderful reprieve from downtown.
3. The caretaker, Rose, is AMAZING. Kind, generous and saw to our every concern. If our take- out did not arrive in a timely manner, she was on it. The one time the power was out (in over a month of stay) - she was on the phone to the power company. She was amazing with our children, understanding of our business needs, and more than eager to help.
4. Affordability - Nyati Hills is in the right price range for sure. A bottle of wine comes with stay. Round trip transport from the airport is included. And the facilities are all new - very clean, very comfortable.
5. Consistent - as i noted several trips, same great service.
6. Location - it is a bit out of town, but very easy for meetings in Karen. Several nice restaurants are in walking distance and/or take out. And the car service is very well managed and the prices are controlled very carefully to make sure that guests are well cared for and understand the appropriate charges.
7. Lovely owners - very easy to work with!!! Delightful people working to support a local school. We will continue to support them however we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by peaceful nature and the wild life of Nairobi National Park the Nyati Hill Cottages are the perfect base for relaxation, authentic safari and unforgettable holidays. Only twenty kilometres from Nairobi you will find the charming Nyati Hill Cottages, as a self contained and perfect getaway for short or long term stays with family or friends. Enjoy your stay in the unique privacy and tranquillity offered in each of our seven cottages which supply all modern facilities and warm comfort. ... more less