“Fabulous food, lovely staff, good price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Campia Ethiopian Restaurant

Campia Ethiopian Restaurant
Utalii House, Utalii Street | Ground Flr, Behind Lacio Regency, Nairobi 23036-00100, Kenya
+(254)708114269
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 337 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African, Coffee Shop, Grill, Fusion, Ethiopian
Description: We are the best Ethiopian Restaurant in Nairobi. We also serve continental dishes and all kinds of drinks ranging from soft to alcoholic. Exotic cuisine with unique Taste; and we are proud to serve great dishes with traditional Ethiopian hospitality.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Fabulous food, lovely staff, good price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

We went on a Thursday night and ordered the mixed platter (veg & meat). When the waiter heard one of us was vegetarian he made sure to add an additional veg dish to make it even in amount. The food was among the best Ethiopian I have had in Nairobi and I tried many. The staff is lovely. On our night a DJ was playing already around 20:00 and we actually left a little early because we couldn't hear each other. This might be an isolated event though. Great place, amazing price. We paid 1000 for the mixed platter for the two of us and one beer and of course we added a generous tip.

Visited March 2015

Krakow, Poland
“Simply excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

When I first went to this restaurant, a few years back, it was called Habesha. And it made me fall in love with Ethiopian cuisine. Over the years the name might have changed, but the food and drinks are still delicious. The thing with Ethiopian food is you either love it, or hate it. This restaurant is definitely the best choice for your first Ethiopian experience. Remember to go with your friends, because the meals are HUGE. I recommend ordering a mixed dish - you will get big injera with a veriaty of toppings. This way you can decide for the future, which one is your favourite. It also helps not to make a mistake and order accidentally a spicy dish, if you're a fan of rather mild taste.

Despite the Tripadvisor's earliest option when it comes to the timeline (Aprl 2014), I first visited this restaurant in 2011.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

Love this place! Excellent service, great food (definitely try to mixed dish if you are new to ethiopian food). I have also attended campia to watch the football games at night with friends for drinks. Overall one of my favorite restaurants in Nairobi.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“good food, not very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

My husband and I each ordered a "bachelor" portion of food, mine the vegetarian option. The food came quickly and tasted very good- especially the chick pea dish. Spicy and delicious! The service was inattentive and slow, and the water in the building was shut off so several types of drinks were unavailable (chai tea and milkshakes). The costs were very reasonable, though, (about $5 US for a lunch) and in spite of the questionable service, I would go back the next time I am in Nairobi.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was really craving some Ethiopian food and I couldn't find any other Ethiopian restaurants in the CBD. It's kind of hidden in Utalii House, you have to go down this corridor. I went there a little early (around 10:30AM) but that wasn't a problem to get non-breakfast food, unlike some other places in Nairobi.

I really liked that they have single-person portions. I know that dishes are supposed to be shared by the group, but sometimes there is no group! All the single-person portions are 400ksh and come with injera. There is a vegetarian option too. I also got a delicious mango/papaya juice for 180ksh. Excellent value. The service was great too.

Would definitely go again!

• Visited July 2014