“Urban Disaster...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Nairobi, Kenya
“Urban Disaster...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

So decided to go for a burger at this new joint recently opened at Westgate. Took the family for the experience.

Walked in, got a decent table, went through the menu and ordered our dinner.

Then twice we got two different waitresses coming to the table with burgers which we hadn't ordered. That's when I knew we were in for a rough evening. It seemed their ordering system was totally disorganised, and waitresses didn't know which table had ordered what.

Our food finally came, after a long wait. I had the Chilli burger, touted as spicy hot, but mine was bland and reasonably tasteless. The meat was dry and seemed overcooked, despite asking for medium. My son had ordered a French burger, which seemed to taste ok. The other kid had a kiddie lamb burger, while the wife had a kiddie veggie burger. Unfortunately, they served her the lamb burger, and she's a lifetime vegetarian! She was so upset after her first bite, and it seems Urban Burger has no system to identify which burger is which, especially vegetarian.

Once we had finished, we asked for the bill, which was excruciatingly slow, paid, and upon receiving our change noticed it was short. Now that is wrong!!!

We left and gave the Manager some feedback about the overall lousy experience.

I would suggest you avoid this place, its overpriced big time, the food is tasteless, and the service is pathetic.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Da Nang, Vietnam
“Mixed Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Another offering by the guys running the Artcaffe chain of coffee shops in Nairobi, Mombasa and soon Kampala. This time they diversified into American cuisine, featuring various burgers (beef, chicken lamb) with a variety of imaginative choices. I visited the place twice, with pleasant outdoor seating on the terrace next to Artcaffe Westgate. Service was charming, though food took some time to be served. On my first visit both burgers we ordered ('Santa Fe' and 'Bacon Cheese Burger' well done) were completely overcooked, actually they were charred. My companion was quite disappointed and vowed not to return. I have given them a second chance and the quality of the burger had significantly improved. Still they lack juiciness and are not really value for money. The location, ambience and service compensates for these shortcomings. I will give them another try and hope the food quality improves further. Overall it's a good addition to the food scene at Westgate and we will probably see more branches popping up at other premium malls in East Africa.

• Visited April 2013