“Great business hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
“Great business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed at Villa Rosa Kempinski while on a business visit to Nairobi. Very centrally located and close to airport. Spacious with airy comfortable rooms. Free wifi across the property for residents. Restaurant serves excellent food. Very courteous staff

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Balakrishna A,
Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi. We appreciate the time you have taken to write your feedback on your recent stay.
My team and I are happy to read that you found the hotel to be ideal for the business traveler with its central location, spacious and comfortable rooms, free Wifi and good food.
I am also glad to note your remark on my colleagues at the hotel – it is definitely the people at the hotel that make guest experiences so memorable.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel once again in the near future.
Manish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I was here afew days ago with a team from work.The meeting rooms are modern and spacious.There were over 5 different meetings and Kempinski has enough facilities to cater for huge numbers.Food was amazing and fresh,i liked the local vegetables served with different cuisines on our buffet.The hotel is relatively new and it has an air of class and quality.Will be coming back soon.I highly recommend Kempinski villa rosa.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Violet K,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and for the comments on our meeting spaces, food quality and general hotel atmosphere.
We do have a range of meeting options, with our grand ballroom being able to host up to 550 pax in theater style, other set up’s can also be arranged for which have varying capacities. What makes Fedora, our ballroom so different is that it can be split into seven individual sections.
Our Executive Chef, Ciaran Gantly and his team are delighted to read that you enjoyed the cuisine at the hotel, especially the use of local vegetables. At Kempinski we believe in the use of natural ingredients that are indigenous to the region to enhance the dining experience.
We really do look forward to having you back at the hotel in the near future. In case I can be of any support with future inquiries, please do let me know.
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

In a city where hotel investors and developers are flocking and New 4 and 5 star hotels are popping up all over town Villa Rosa could be seeing some stiff competition in The months and years to come. But if The standard is kept at The levels i have experienced over The last 3 days The management has nothing to fear. Clean fresh rooms, a nice breakfast, and a boutique hotel feel with faces that recognize you in the morning and smiles all over these are all elements that made my stay perfect! Highly recommended!!

Stayed August 2014
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Mogensen,
Thanks very much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are very pleased to read that you perceive Villa Rosa Kempinski to be the No 1 in Nairobi, it is our aim to ensure that our guests have a perfect stay with us and have the desire to return to stay with us.
It’s really nice to pick up on some of the aspects of your stay that you were pleased with, including the clean fresh rooms, nice breakfast and the warm smiles of my colleagues at the hotel.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us soon.
In case I can be of any support with future reservations, please do let me know.
See you soon.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I recently stayed in this beautiful hotel in Nairobi, my first time in Kenya. starting from the airport with their excellent fleet of cars till the departure could not fault it.
Special mention to their General Manager Mr. Manish Nambiar always seen meeting the hotel guests is an excellent host. Helen who escorted me to my room and explained the hotel facilities, Genevieve the young concierge in the lobby i could name a few. Staff at the restaurants and everyone i interacted had full of smile and attitude to help.
It is great place for holidays and business. Excellent facilities for the meeting and again the people who make the difference.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Goldenkey_asia,
Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
It is such a pleasure to read that your overall experience with Villa Rosa Kempinski was great from the time you were picked up with the hotel transfer.
I have passed on your lovely comments to the team, who were delighted to learn that you were happy with your stay.
Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel once again in the near future, in case I can be of any support with the reservation process please do get in touch.
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Like alot of tourists, we were cautious about staying in Nairobi but I can say that it was the complete opposite. All cars/baggage are screened by the hotel security prior to entry to the hotel. Hotel staff were very welcoming and service is great. The rooms are reasonable size and very comfortable. We stayed here twice, first time prior to our safari to Masai Mara reserve and on the way back - both stays were excellent. Free wifi (fast speed).

On the second visit we went to the restaurant for dinner. I hate buffets and when we went into the restaurant we were offered either buffet or a la carte. When I looked at the buffet - i changed my mind about buffets...it was so extensive and every type of cuisine was catered for. It was so well presented - couldn't refuse. Service was great aswell. It was a pity that there were few customers in the restaurant... the terrorist issues have hit Kenya quite badly.

Few things to mention - the hotel is about 20 Kms from the International airport - it will take on average about 2 hours to get there, due to the congested traffic. Only time that it will take about 30 minutes is at 5.30am in the morning. Ensure you book your transfers prior to arrival. We used a company called Kenya Transfers (www.kenyatransfers.com) and they were very punctual, professional and polite.

We would go back to the hotel again and also visit Kenya.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jinnine r,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay in Nairobi at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am pleased to read that you had an excellent stay at the hotel and were happy with the comforts of your room and service at the hotel.
I am also very glad to read that we changed your general perception on buffets and that you enjoyed the range of cuisine at Café Villa Rosa.
We hope you will consider staying with us on future trips into Nairobi, and on behalf of the entire team, we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel someday soon.
Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have not used the Kempinski Villa Rossa accommodation however my husband took our family, our friends and I for dinner at Café villa Rossa on my birthday this year, 28th June. We were a party of 10.
The ambience is good however I did not appreciate the fact that the buffet had mostly Indian cuisine in the buffet which we were not informed of in advance when we made our reservation. Not that there wasn't any other cuisine but if you do not enjoy Indian cuisine that particular dinner would be difficult to go through.
Our waitress seemed to be in a hurry although she was polite.My husband ordered 2 bottles of similar brand wine- one red and one white. Each costed about $70. The waitress brought over the wine but to our surprise after dinner the wine bill was $240!
My husband had to leave our guests and I to speak to the manager as the waitress realised that she had brought us a more expensive wine with a similar name. She was very apologetic however the manager was so rude! He had the odasity to tell my husband that people are always trying to get out of paying bills by saying that they did not intend to purchase a particular wine. He also rudely added that he would pay for it out of his own pocket !!!!!
I don't mean to get into the nitty gritty of bills however our total correct bill was over $ 550! Did this manager honestly think that we were trying to abscond an extra $100?! Where was he trained and is he aware that he is working for a 5 star establishment?!
I would not recommend Café Villa Rossa unless you enjoy expensive Asian food, enjoy your special occasions ruined and don't mind being treated like crap by a restaurant manager.

• Stayed June 2014
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear KandVaroundtheworld,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Café Villa Rosa and for dining with us.
It is very unfortunate to hear that did not have a pleasant experience at the restaurant.
The buffet at Café Villa Rosa is a representation of 5 cuisines from around the world including Asian, African and Indian Cuisine. There are at most two Indian dishes that feature on the buffet. We do have a daily changing menu.
In regard to your note on your wine order, our wine list clearly indicates the varieties and prices of the selection available which is presented prior to order, wines are then announced and the label clearly displayed during the time of service.
I do apologize that you feel that the meal did not offer value in comparison to what you paid and would love to host you at Café Villa Rosa once again in the near future, for you to experience the very best of dining at Villa Rosa Kempinski.
Please do get in touch when you plan on making your next table reservation at the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had a great time at the hotel. My room was excellent.

Reception and restaurant staff were superb too. Big up to Faith for being a great hostess. The drivers too were great company.

The House Keeping guys need to improve their turnaround times. My shirts were late twice in the morning. The first time around it took them over 40 minutes just to send someone to to collect my shirt. The in-room dining guys took forever to bring my order and when they eventually did brought a wrong order. My bar fridge was also not replenished until I asked.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Luvos M,
Thank you for your review and for selecting Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi as your preferred accommodation of choice during your recent stay in Nairobi.
My team and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed the comforts of your room and were happy with the service from our front office and dining colleagues.
Thank you for the note on laundry collection and delivery turnaround times, I have looked into this with our Executive Housekeeper and ensure you that this will not happen the next time you visit. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We have also noted your concern regarding the mini bar refill and will also ensure the next time that you visit your favorite items are refilled without delay.
I have taken note of your in room dining experience and the measures are in place to make sure you can enjoy the comfort of ordering from your room.
Please do keep in touch and let us know when you will visit next? In case I can support with any requests during your next stay, i will be happy to hear from you.
Manish

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!