“Sneak peek -88 restaurant in Villa Rosa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi to your Saves list
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Nairobi
Bangalore, India
“Sneak peek -88 restaurant in Villa Rosa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay in the Villa Rosa Kempinski hotel. I was here around the end of last year.

I am so happy to note that the services have gone a few notches up since I was here last. The staff made me feel like a long stay guest by recognizing me and making an attempt to talk to me making me feel like a VIP!! It was fantastic to experience that warm African hospitality all over again.

Having said that what I enjoyed most was having an amazing seafood at the Asian restaurant 88! The sushi/ sashimi platter on offer was outstanding teamed with an excellent choice of wines!! The hostess attending to us was warm and refined making us feel right at home in a foreign country. I was informed that this restaurant is not yet fully open but lucky me I had the opportunity to sample the culinary excellence of the team.

The gym and spa services available are commendable too. The instructors at the gym are knowledgeable and passionate about their job.

Good luck team Villa Rosa. Keep up the good work and we will keep coming back for more

• Stayed July 2014
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Sbn07,
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am pleased to read that you chose the hotel for the second time as your preferred accommodation choice in Nairobi.
Thank you for the feedback on 88 and for sharing the dishes that you enjoyed most, including the seafood, sushi / sashimi platter. We do hope that you will return to stay with us once again in the near future, so that you can try out the full range of the Villa Rosa dining options, which will also include Tambourin, our rooftop lounge which has Middle Eastern inspiration with North African influence.
Glad to also read that you enjoyed Kempinski The Spa and the fitness center.
Please do let us know when you plan on visiting again, and if there is any support we can give in terms of reservations or any special requirements that you may have.
See you soon.
Manish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

A bit late on writing this review as I stayed here in Feb 2014 and it's now july. The hotel was a few months old when I stayed there for business ...still has new hotel teething problems...patchy wifi and the air conditioning in the room was acting up. Should have been resolved by now. The room was on the smaller side (when compared to rooms at other Nairobi hotels that cost as much). Also had a room that overlooked the back of the hotel which is an overgrown field with a derelict building on it (note this is not part of the hotel but an adjacent property so guess there is little the hotel can do about it.) The hotel has direct highway access so good for getting in and out for meetings (and if you know Nairobi then you will appreciate this). The bar is a perfect place for evening meetings/ coffee. Tried the Italian restaurant there which is above average but no where near the quality some some of Nairobi's other Italian restaurants. Breakfast was good with an excellent spread.

Will visit again in the hope that the teething problems are resolved and the hotel is fully up and running.

Stayed February 2014
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear simbaonsafari,
Thank you so much for your recent review on your stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski. My team and I appreciate the time that you have taken to write this feedback.
We appreciate the comments that you shared with us regarding the wi-fi and air conditioning during the very early stages of our operation, please be assured these have now been resolved.
We do happen to have a very good location in the Nairobi, which has easy access to the International Airport, Domestic Airport, Corporate Neighborhood.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us soon.
Please do get in touch, if i can be of any support with your next booking.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

From the moment of arrival until the good bye at checkout, this hotel is truly a respite in an otherwise frenetic city. On arrival I was greeted by the warmest welcome from a beautiful woman and next appeared a chilled glass of champagne and a cool face cloth. After an 8 ½ hour flight from London this was so welcome and unexpected. The room was incredibly comfortable and the A/C felt a great relief from the sweltering city. It was so nice to be able to snuggle under the German down comforter. The pillows were equally comfortable. I was thankful for the very large soaking tub which was a nice way to wind down at night. The hotel is centrally located and the security staff is a very reassuring -- if not necessary -- feature. The restaurants are good and it's so convenient to have somewhere on property to dine in the evenings and they also make the perfect place to host business meetings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Travelotely,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi. We appreciate your feedback.
My team and I are happy to read that you had a pleasant check in experience and enjoyed the comforts of your room.
Thank you for the comments regarding the security at the hotel and the range of outlets to dine at. We do hope that you will be back to stay with us in the near future to sample all our dining options when they are open, including Tambourin our trendy rooftop lounge, which will have a Middle Eastern Inspiration with a North African influence.
If I can support with future reservations, please do get in touch.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Only spent one night here on business and it is in a perfect location for the Westlands and CBD areas of Nairobi. Great facilities and a lovely breakfast. Feels very safe and the security guards do a thorough job of checking cars and scanning bags etc.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear HungryT,
Thanks very much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and selecting the hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent stay.
My team and I are glad to read that you found the hotel to be secure and were impressed the facilities.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us for longer than one night the next time you visit, so that you have ample time to enjoy the facilities including the food and beverage outlets, fitness center and Kempinski The Spa.
In case I can be of any support with future reservations, please do get in touch.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice stay at a new hotel on the Nairobi scene. The hotel is well located near the central business district, but time still needs to be allowed for travel times. Security is well run and tight, and one feels confident. The hotel is less than a year old and nicely appointed as a high end business hotel. The staff is enthusiastic and attentive, and ready to serve. The Spa is very nice and treatments are well priced. The work out facility is all brand new and very complete with aerobic and weight equipment. The restaurant quality is good and two more restaurants are due to open. All in all, can recommend Villa Rosa - especially for those interested in secure, luxury business setting hotels in European or Western style.

Room Tip: Location is good, but plan for travel times due to Nairobi traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear rbwinston,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to write this
We are glad to read that you had a pleasant stay the hotel and we appreciate your thoughts regarding the security, service, facilities and treatments at Kempinski The Spa and the food and beverage offerings.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the bear future so that you many enjoy all the facilities of the hotel including the full scale of food and beverage options.
In case I can support with future reservations, please do get in touch.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This 5 star hotel is located on one of Kenya's main roads. I found the staff extremely friendly and professional. The deluxe room I stayed in was very big (especially compared to the last Scandinavian hotel I was in), at approximately 38 square meters. I found the room service to be good, save for the last night when I was serves an under cooked meal. Profuse apologies followed and the following morning I received an apology from the head chef also. People make mistakes, and I was not charged for the meal. I would say that room service prices are comparable to those in South Africa and marginally less expensive that Europe.

The room was clean, spacious and cool. The bed was on the hard side, but not uncomfortable. The breakfast variety is large and good.

Overall what impressed me the most was that friendly staff with big sincere smiles. I felt well taken care of!

Room Tip: The higher floors apparently have lower road noise levels. I was on the 9th (of 10), so road noise w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Matt B,
Your comment regarding the friendly colleagues with beaming smiles, makes me really happy and I will share your sincere appreciation with the entire team.
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on room service on the last night and once again apologies for this.
Look forward to having you back with us in the near future, in case I can support with your future reservation and any other special requests that you may have during your stay – any food preferences etc, I will be happy to hear from you.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Was recommended this hotel by one of my colleagues who thought it was amazing. My first impressions were not identical, more of a clean, hotel with keen staff but over priced.
Was there for a couple of days with work and got into Nairobi in the late afternoon of first day so was keen to rest in the hotel as my journey to get there had been very long...(that's another story)
There were loads of pillows and cushions on the bed which is always a worry. I threw a lot of them off and was left with a number of pillows to try and get to comfortable and have a light sleep. Now, I am not allergic to anything so don't need special anything, just a nice couple of pillows... With the masses I had available in the room they all seemed to empty of everything when you put you head on them... So, using 1 felt like you had your head flat on the mattress, 2 was still too few and then 3 gave me terrible neck ache...
Over the course of my stay there I could not get a comfortable nights sleep using any different permutations of pillows which was a shame...
The other thing I would comment on is that the free shampoos and shower gels in the room did not appear to be inkeeping with a 4 or 5 star hotel. It would have been nicer to have some better quality products to use given the rating of the hotel and the pricing of it...
I am not sure what was making the hotel so expensive as the labour costs in Nairobi are not high so therefore construction costs of the hotel cannot be high... Anyway, that was my trip to this hotel... Hope you find this useful.
Beware of the traffic over there and also I would recommend only using the hotel transfer service and the hotel limos to drive you around.,, there is a lot of unrest and security issues over there at the moment, not that I saw any evidence of issues there...

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!