“New and nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi to your Saves list
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Dallas
“New and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice stay at a new hotel on the Nairobi scene. The hotel is well located near the central business district, but time still needs to be allowed for travel times. Security is well run and tight, and one feels confident. The hotel is less than a year old and nicely appointed as a high end business hotel. The staff is enthusiastic and attentive, and ready to serve. The Spa is very nice and treatments are well priced. The work out facility is all brand new and very complete with aerobic and weight equipment. The restaurant quality is good and two more restaurants are due to open. All in all, can recommend Villa Rosa - especially for those interested in secure, luxury business setting hotels in European or Western style.

Room Tip: Location is good, but plan for travel times due to Nairobi traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear rbwinston,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to write this
We are glad to read that you had a pleasant stay the hotel and we appreciate your thoughts regarding the security, service, facilities and treatments at Kempinski The Spa and the food and beverage offerings.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the bear future so that you many enjoy all the facilities of the hotel including the full scale of food and beverage options.
In case I can support with future reservations, please do get in touch.

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This 5 star hotel is located on one of Kenya's main roads. I found the staff extremely friendly and professional. The deluxe room I stayed in was very big (especially compared to the last Scandinavian hotel I was in), at approximately 38 square meters. I found the room service to be good, save for the last night when I was serves an under cooked meal. Profuse apologies followed and the following morning I received an apology from the head chef also. People make mistakes, and I was not charged for the meal. I would say that room service prices are comparable to those in South Africa and marginally less expensive that Europe.

The room was clean, spacious and cool. The bed was on the hard side, but not uncomfortable. The breakfast variety is large and good.

Overall what impressed me the most was that friendly staff with big sincere smiles. I felt well taken care of!

Room Tip: The higher floors apparently have lower road noise levels. I was on the 9th (of 10), so road noise w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Matt B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi. We appreciate your feedback.
Your comment regarding the friendly colleagues with beaming smiles, makes me really happy and I will share your sincere appreciation with the entire team.
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on room service on the last night and once again apologies for this.
Look forward to having you back with us in the near future, in case I can support with your future reservation and any other special requests that you may have during your stay – any food preferences etc, I will be happy to hear from you.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was recommended this hotel by one of my colleagues who thought it was amazing. My first impressions were not identical, more of a clean, hotel with keen staff but over priced.
Was there for a couple of days with work and got into Nairobi in the late afternoon of first day so was keen to rest in the hotel as my journey to get there had been very long...(that's another story)
There were loads of pillows and cushions on the bed which is always a worry. I threw a lot of them off and was left with a number of pillows to try and get to comfortable and have a light sleep. Now, I am not allergic to anything so don't need special anything, just a nice couple of pillows... With the masses I had available in the room they all seemed to empty of everything when you put you head on them... So, using 1 felt like you had your head flat on the mattress, 2 was still too few and then 3 gave me terrible neck ache...
Over the course of my stay there I could not get a comfortable nights sleep using any different permutations of pillows which was a shame...
The other thing I would comment on is that the free shampoos and shower gels in the room did not appear to be inkeeping with a 4 or 5 star hotel. It would have been nicer to have some better quality products to use given the rating of the hotel and the pricing of it...
I am not sure what was making the hotel so expensive as the labour costs in Nairobi are not high so therefore construction costs of the hotel cannot be high... Anyway, that was my trip to this hotel... Hope you find this useful.
Beware of the traffic over there and also I would recommend only using the hotel transfer service and the hotel limos to drive you around.,, there is a lot of unrest and security issues over there at the moment, not that I saw any evidence of issues there...

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our experience at the Lucca Restaurant was uninspiring. The extractor fans in the kitchen were loud making conversation rather difficult. Waiter service was friendly but the food was a disappointment -bland and ordinary.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear wayne m,

Thank you so much for your recent review on your dining experience at LUCCA.
Firstly we would like to apologize for the extractor fans being too loud, we have now worked on this issue and it has been solved, so the next time you visit the restaurant I am sure you will all be audible.
In regard to the food not being as per your expectations, we do kindly request you to give LUCCA another chance. The restaurant is well liked by both the resident community and hotel guests, with Chef's Silvio's home cooked recipes garnering popularity.
If i can be of any support with your next reservation at LUCCA, please contact me.
lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had to chance to stay in Villa rosa Kempinski, for a week time during my business visit to Nairobi.
The hotel can be considered for business stays and suitable to meet customer in the lobby, However it is has so many luxurious aspect from the hot outdoor swimming pool along with the gym that has a private trainer and of course the SPA including Jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath and massage.

the italian and the far east restaurant are good, the morning buffet is rich and the bar at night has cool/ friendly people serving you.

The thing that really draw my attention is the professionalism that the staff have, really you do provide a good service and i appreciate if you continue in the same way.

the rooms are big and the bathrooms are even bigger, i felt comfortable sleeping over, wireless is for free everywhere.

at the end i am going to sign a corporate agreement so all my colleagues can share the same experience i did.

Thanks

Room Tip: take the rooms facing the road, if possible the high rooms who are in the middles they have the best...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear RolandEid,
Firstly thank you for selecting Villa Rosa Kempinski as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent stay in the city.
We are happy that you enjoyed the facilities and services at the hotel including Kempinski The Spa, LUCCA our Italian Restaurant and Deli, Café Villa Rosa – all day dining and The Balcony Bar.
I do value your comments regarding the good service, and will share this with the team.
In case I can support with future reservations, please do get in touch. Look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my 3rd stay this year at the hotel and every time its wining my heart. Right from the time of booking over e-mail till departure, the quality and service standard of the hotel is clearly visible

Booking: I had booked over e-mail and requested an upgrade to a room with a Balcony. When I reached, I was instantly upgraded to a Superior room with a Balcony – double upgrade  Check in was smooth and easy. All the staff were very helpful.

Room: 3 times, 3 different room but all excel in their own ways. Rooms are really large and the Superior room with a Balcony was HUGE… the Bathroom was twice the size of my current bathroom in London Toiletries were top class and plenty of clean towels. The choice of channels on TV is also great. Hotel excels in providing personalised service of guests as was visible in the room service promptness as well as the fact that they make the room twice – Europe hotels should learn something from Kenya ;) Everything we needed was either there or just a small phone call away.

Eating: The Italian restaurant is a delight – every dish is spectacular. Mouth-watering dishes served by the Italian chef were great. The Lobby Bar was brilliant in its own right – nothing works best that watching WC 2014 with drinks. A special mention to the waiters in the Lobby bar – sorry mate I don’t recollect your name but you were great. When I come next, I would have a drink with you. Finally, the breakfast – the less said the better – it can only be felt once you are there. Such a large spread and fresh counter for hot items + champagne 

Everything was perfect in the hotel, including the sauna + steam bath + pool.. I am trying to think of some faults but can’t come up with  Villa Rosa doesn’t give you a chance to complaint

Room Tip: If you dont like the road noise, ask for a room opposite to the main road.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeet_junior
Thank you for taking the time to write such comprehensive feedback on your stay at the hotel.
I am very happy to note that it is your 3rd stay at the hotel, and the property is growing on you even more after each visit. We really do look forward to your next stay with us and assure you of another memorable stay.
I have noted your feedback regarding seamless check in and check out, and will share these compliments with the Front Office Manager and his team.
Thank you sharing the notes on your accommodation and dining experience too, and I am really delighted that you enjoyed these. This feedback will also be shared with the respective teams. We believe it is our people that make a visit to Villa Rosa Kempinski so special, and your favorable comments confirm that.

See you soon.
Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a hotel, where do I start... The rooms are great, the spa/pool area is amazing, the attached restaurants are fantastic... This really is a luxury gem of a hotel in the middle of Nairobi. What's more is that the staff here know how to take care of their guests. For example, my girlfriends birthday happened to fall on one of the days of our stay and they organised breakfast in bed, flowers and two birthday cakes throughout the day. Seriously impressed. Do consider this place for your next business or personal visit.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear aruschpler,
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski. We appreciate the time you have taken to write your feedback.
My team and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and had the opportunity to celebrate a special occasion with us.
We are at our happiest when we can turn great moments into memories forever.
We do hope that you will return soon to stay with us.
In case I can support with future reservations, please do let me know.

Manish

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!