“Very good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi to your Saves list
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
DXB
“Very good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Kempinski is a good place to stay when visiting Nairobi for business (this of course is depending on where one has to be). The hotel is rather new, clean, comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Some reviewers wrote the rooms were rather small. I personally feel the rooms are absolutely all right. The hotel has a very good gym (free weights, machines and dedicated room with cardio machines). The restaurants are all right; nothing to complain. Breakfast buffet offers a wide variety and is excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Dora_Boots_Swiper
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed the Kempinski experience in Nairobi, and were happy with the room, gym and the restaurants.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best Regards
Manish

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Kempinski is a relatively new development just off teh Mombasa road, having said that its a quiet location with no issue from road noise- I had a room facing the road and it was fine.
Hotel is light and open in feel but with good luxury touches in reception, on check in staff were very diligent and friendly.
My room was a good size with a very comfy large bed, bathroom very good with a shower stall and bath, well equipped with toiletries and spotlessly clean. The only thing teh room needs in my opinion is coffee/tea making facilities, when I mentioned this on departure I was impressed that the staff advised that whilst I could order fresh coffee/tea at any time they would ensure on my next visit that there were facilities in my room.
Breakfast was as you would expect very good with everything you would expect of a good hotel, again attentive staff. I also ate in the Italian restaurant, the experience inst fantastic a little lacking in atmosphere, however the food (I ordered steak medallions in Parmesan) was very good indeed, really tasty and extremely tender.
Main bar is a nice place to meet for business and pleasure, very well priced wines.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Martynjw,
I am glad to read that your sense of arrival was grand and you were happy with the room. Apologies in regard to the tea / coffee making facilities, all our rooms will have this amenity by end of quarter three this year. We have however noted your requirement for tea / coffee in the room and should you stay with us next before the end of quarter three this year, we will ensure that fresh Kenyan coffee / tea is delivered to your room.
Thank you for the feedback in regard to your dining experiences.
In case I can support with future reservations for the hotel, please do get in touch.
Best Regards
Manish
nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited the spa with a friend and was so impressed with the service, visited again giving my mum a birthday treat.
Booked the latter appointment with the help of Hausa, who was very friendly and answered each of my queries politely. The facilities at the spa are fantastic. From the jacuzzi, steam room to the sauna which one gets to enjoy with a spa date at Kempinski. They have a warm swimming pool which has an infinity-like feel as it overlooks the busy Chiromo road below........lovely.
There is a cafe/pool bar facility but was not operational at the time of my visits.
The staff are very professional and not overbearing in their presence around the spa. Prior to treatment a lovely lady Natalie gave a short consultation and led my mum to the treatment room. She went all out. The treatment as my mum said was lovely and I totally believe it, as the one I had a week earlier was tops.
They have a lovely relaxation area with lounge sleepers/beds and dim lights (can brighten them-one's preference)
The ladies room is very well set up with warm brown beige hues in the ambience and very clean. Each locker provides a fluffy bath sheet, robe, slippers, shower cap and there are many other amenities like lotions and even a dental kit!!! Pool area is also very clean and clean pool towels are provided.
Their fitness area is well equipped too though didn't have the pleasure of using the facility.
They use the Balcony bar menu i believe, for bites and the chicken wings were spiced to perfection. My friend also seemed to enjoy his spare ribs.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone.
Arrived at the Cafe Villa Rosa and was welcomed by a lovely hostess, Faith who showed us to our table and introduced us to the breakfast buffet.
Wide variety from a salad area, fantastic pastries and cereals, fresh juice-yup, had to check on that, and yes the orange juice was from freshly squeezed oranges.
They had meatballs, and they were very yummy. Sehrishi was at the egg and pancake station and boy can she whip a pancake. Had the best I've ever had for breakfast. I'd go back just for those pancakes. Kudos.
Waitstaff were great too, big thanks to Leah.
Considering the service we received and the buffet spread, I'd say it was worth every cent.
I'll also recommend this to anyone who cares to listen.
Good work.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear wanderlustciru,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comprehensive review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, with emphasis on Kempinski The Spa and Café Villa Rosa.
The Spa team and I are delighted to hear that you have been to the Spa on more than one occasion, and we hope to have you return for another treatment of your choice soon. Do keep posted on our monthly offers by referring to the Villa Rosa Kempinski Website – Spa Offers Section.
Glad to also read that you enjoyed Breakfast at Café Villa Rosa. Look forward to having you back for pancakes once again.
I will definitely pass on your gratitude to the team. We love it when our guests are happy.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Room size quite small but all the mod cons cant complain. Lovely bathroom could do without the glass screen between the room and bathroom. Avoid the italian restaurant! head chef is very aggresive. When I told him my meal was not acceptable he was very aggresive although did change the dish and then watched over me eating it. Very uncomfortable experience. He needs to stick to the staple italian dishes rather than his own let down creations. Generally service is slow in Kenyan hotels.

Room Tip: Room service far better than the restaurants strangely enough.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear RashidAgadir_Morocco,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and selecting the hotel as your preferred accommodation choice in the city.

It is unfortunate to read that you were not pleased with your dining experience at LUCCA. We apologize for this. We have addressed the issues with the chef and we do hope that you will return to have a memorable experience at LUCCA, it is one of the popular restaurants in the city.
In case I can support with future reservations at the hotel, please do contact me.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed in many hotels in Nairobi since 25 years; up to now this is one of these hotels which surprised me pleasantly!
Let me start with a tip where the hotel building could improve on: Chiromo Rd is very noisy and there are no double windows installed in the rooms facing the road :(
Another tip: change the broken light bulbs illuminating the building soon (the top included) as as it gives the new building already a shabby look from the outside.
The food in the 3 restaurants is fantastic! From the Vila Rosa Cafe through the Lucca up to the Pan Asian 88! Hans (who is unfortunately leaving :( ) trained his staff to perfection!
Great is the service from reception to housekeeping, from the conference staff to the man and women who service the great meals.
Special thanks for those who made me feel at home: Kate, Betty, Daisy, Margaret, Cecilia and Jacqueline and to Steve, George, Samson, Shirag and of course Hans. See you soon!
Lex

Fortunately I will return another 4 to 5 times to this great hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are most probably quieter as rooms facing the main road are sooo noisy!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Lex L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski.
My team and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and service at the hotel and thought of Villa Rosa Kempinski to be a hotel that you can return too.
I have passed on your compliments to all team members.
In reference to your feedback on the rooms facing Chiromo Road, we have already embarked on a project to increase the double glaze strength which will support with eliminating any disturbance from vehicles moving on the road
The light bulbs that needed replacement on the exterior have already been exchanged for new ones.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you in the near future, in case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

If you are travelling to Nairobi, don't look for any other hotel; just book and stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski. A five-star luxury hotel in the capital of Kenya with wonderful restaurants, spa, pool, fitness center and of course beautiful rooms... The staff is perfect and everybody tries to make you feel at home. And they do! Thank you Kempinski...

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room with a balcony. And try the new Italian restaurant, LUCCA.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear sebnem d,
Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, we really appreciate your feedback.
It’s such a pleasure to read that you thought of the hotel as your home in Nairobi.
Please do let us know when you plan your next trip to the destination, we would love to host you at the hotel.
Datchet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Luca is the Italian Restaurant at the new Villa Rosa, Kempinski Hotel in Nairobi.

The service is good & fast when Chef Silvio is on duty. The one time we visited when he was off duty service was not as good & quality of food not s good.

Room Tip: When dining: Always check how long service will take for food ordered. Check bottles of water or d...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear jgirl1604,
Thank for you taking the time to write a review on LUCCA and visiting the outlet for meals.
I have taken note of your concerns and will definitely address this with the food and beverage team.
We do hope that you will return to try out some more of the Italian delicacies that are on offer at LUCCA.
Look forward to hosting you soon.

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!