“excelent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

You added Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi to your Saves list
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
kenya nai
“excelent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

was an excelent hotel the staffs are wonderfull always smiling,though the hotel lacks enough space for parking especially when the have conference , not very good when an high profile figure walks in the tend to forget you and concentrate on him , but all in all the decor ie perfect ambience cool is a perfect place to conference keep it up .

Room Tip: Not used there rooms yet but got an oppourtunity to see them ,perfect though
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Top marks on every level. Room, cleanliness, decor, food, security, bed quality but above all - spectacular service!
One can see that this is a very well run hotel, where people are proud and happy to work at. It's been a pleasure being a guest,
As a seasoned traveller (Platinum on SPG, Diamond Hilton) I stay constantly in 5-star hotels all around the world. The Villa Rosa Kempinsky definitely has been one of the best experiences I've ever had. Couldn't fault it even if I wanted to. If I am forced to find a fault, I would say that the proximity to the road could make it slightly noisy but as the hotel is excellent in every level it completely overtakes this minor inconvenience.
The staff, from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out were simply excellent, efficient, helpful, and truly friendly!
I don't remember writing such a review for a very long time. If you are in Nairobi, this would be definitely the hotel to stay.
Special mention to the new guy assistant manager at F&B (called George perhaps?) seeing him on the floor is a true inspiration. Ensures all tables looking great, service at its best, leads the team by example and all done so elegantly and professionally. Very well done.
Check-in desk, best smiles I've seen, very helpful, made an effort to accommodate my special requests. Sarah and Esther - helpful and charming, thank you! Benson who drove me to my meeting, available and timely and last but not least he lovely lady who came to deliver afternoon treats and saw I liked the delicious home-made chocolate, told the chef I liked it, who then rang me to find which ones were my favourites and sent me complimentary packs!

Thank you all for making this visit so special. Looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as the proximity to the road might make it slightly noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear MichaelandBeth,
Thank you very much for writing a comprehensive review on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi – extremely delighted to read that it was a fantastic, flawless experience and really hoping that this will be reason for you to return to stay with us.
Thank you for the note regarding the check in and check out experience and food and beverage service. I will definitely pass on your encouraging words to the team. Our Executive Chef and his team will also be informed that you were happy with the goodies to go.
Wishing you well for the rest of the year and see you soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had a most wonderful stay at the kempinski on a business trip. The hotel staff were very efficient and attentive on check in, the amenities are excellent and the room was very impressive. The little chocolates, sweets and fruit platters every evening was a really nice touch. In room dining was fast and good quality... The mushroom soup starter was wonderful. Although not all the restaurants are operational, the Italian restaurant had great selections and quality. Top marks on everything and looking forward to my next trip to Nairobi and the Kempinski!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and very comfortable
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jay G,
Thank you for writing a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Delighted to note that you had a wonderful business stay at the hotel, I will definitely pass on your compliments to the entire ream.
Happy to hear that the surprises from the kitchen in the evening were liked, I am also very pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and beverage options and the hotel, including in room dining, LUCCA our Italian Restaurant and Deli.
We are really looking forward to hosting you at the hotel once again, and in case we can support with future reservations please do get in touch.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here for one night on layover back to London.

Staff were extremely friendly right from arrival with a complimentary drink until leaving arranging the taxi to the airport.

Room was small but high ceilings helped alleviate the impact and the decor was excellent.

The spa was large and relaxing and the swimming pool small but big enough.

A lovely relaxing stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear jereemee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and for selecting the hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent stay.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us for more than one night next time. Look forward to having you stay with us.
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Villa Rosa is an amazing luxury hotels with the service, amenities and prices you can expect from a luxury hotel anywhere in the world.
I stayed at the hotel for three nights on business and I truly loved it. Staff is friendly and helpful both at reception and in restaurants and at the bar.
Nice decor, beautiful and spacious rooms with great amenities, good internet connection, helpful concierge. Breakfast is excellent and varied and I can also recommend buffet dinner with a huge choice of Western/European, Indian and local cuisine. I did not try the Chinese or Italian restaurants.
They have a very nice swimming pool and a nice bar with a lovely balcony.
Hotel is in nice area not too far from the city centre and the main business district and the only inconvenience is that you must use a car / taxi to go anywhere as hotel is a on a busy main road with lots of traffic and no pavements.
This is also why my room was a bit too noisy for my personal liking - traffic in Nairobi is horrendous even though I was on a high floor I could hear loads of it.
You should also try to avoid hotel official taxi service - cars are new and nice but prices are at least three times more expensive than any 'normal' taxi in the city.
I look forward to going back in September.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back and try to avoid hotel recommended taxis
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear ViaggiaBene,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
It’s great to note that you enjoyed your 3 night’s business trip at the hotel and were happy with your room, the fast internet connectivity, the service from the concierge, the food at Café Villa Rosa during breakfast and dinner and Balcony Bar.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused in regard to the traffic, we are currently working on increasing the double glaze strength of the rooms facing the main road, and we really do hope that the next time you stay with us there will be no disturbance.
We are really looking forward to having you stay with us in September. In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

If I regret one thing about my stay at the Villa Rosa Kempinski, it is that I only stayed for some 12 hours. Arriving from the Seychelles I checked in early evening and by 07.30 the next morning I was on my way to Wilson Airport already to fly to the Masai Mara.
On arrival my data were all at hand, apparently submitted by the Kempinski in the Seychelles, and after being greeted by name from the reception staff - it seems my notoriety precedes me I was shown to my suite where then I signed the required forms and handed over my passport for copying, a mandatory requirement now in Kenya to ascertain the identities of travelers.
The suite, with the conventional division of bedroom / bathroom and a sitting room with a working desk, was quite fully equipped and the tea selection made me smile - Kericho Gold Tea, my own preferred brand.
Much of the 12 hours I spent working away and if I found but one thing to mention, more sockets near the desk - there are sufficient numbers across the rooms of course - do help someone who has multiple gadgets to work with and batteries to charge. Other than that did the wooden flooring give a warm feel and it is clear the owners spared little expense to create an opulent hotel which will no doubt meet the expectations of the most discerning travelers.
I tested the bed and like in the Seychelles, pillows, duvet and mattress were of absolutely the best quality, as were the towels in the bathroom.
Breakfast was still being set up but I was nevertheless warmly welcomed and the spread of goodies was impressive, tempting me to eat too much had it not been for an excellent Italian meal the previous night. I opted for the Gnocchi and rarely had I in the past experienced that dish to be cooked to such perfection.
What is left to say is my regret not to have been able to experience the many facilities the hotel offers to guests, or explore the nooks and crannies which the Mediterranean architecture and style bring to the fore. This is not a sterile hotel box with straight lines but a building with its own life and the character it adds to the impression makes me want to go back and stay a week, or more.

Room Tip: From my own experience, unforgivably for only one night, the higher up the better though of course i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Safariafficionado,

Thank you for your comprehensive review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Firstly we do hope that you will stay with us for more than 12 hours the next time you visit.
My team and I are glad to read that you were happy with your personalized check in experience and your overall stay in the suite.
We are also pleased to read that the amenities that were available in the suite, including the tea selection,multiple sockets for connection of gadgets, and the cozy bedding including the pillows, duvet and mattress made your stay that much more special. At Kempinski we want to make our guest’s stay as comfortable as possible so that they depart with a desire to return.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

very good Hotel, Clean, Comfortable, Nice food, Very welcoming staff and available for any assistance. I had the chance to visit in February 2014 for 2 days meeting. the conference room was booked in the hotel. the experience was very good from the coffee breaks to the food. the Bed is very comfortable. highly recommended for business triop

Room Tip: Choose a non smoking room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!