“Fantastic, best hotel in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

You added Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi to your Saves list
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Fantastic, best hotel in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had a most wonderful stay at the kempinski on a business trip. The hotel staff were very efficient and attentive on check in, the amenities are excellent and the room was very impressive. The little chocolates, sweets and fruit platters every evening was a really nice touch. In room dining was fast and good quality... The mushroom soup starter was wonderful. Although not all the restaurants are operational, the Italian restaurant had great selections and quality. Top marks on everything and looking forward to my next trip to Nairobi and the Kempinski!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and very comfortable
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Jay G,
Thank you for writing a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Delighted to note that you had a wonderful business stay at the hotel, I will definitely pass on your compliments to the entire ream.
Happy to hear that the surprises from the kitchen in the evening were liked, I am also very pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and beverage options and the hotel, including in room dining, LUCCA our Italian Restaurant and Deli.
We are really looking forward to hosting you at the hotel once again, and in case we can support with future reservations please do get in touch.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here for one night on layover back to London.

Staff were extremely friendly right from arrival with a complimentary drink until leaving arranging the taxi to the airport.

Room was small but high ceilings helped alleviate the impact and the decor was excellent.

The spa was large and relaxing and the swimming pool small but big enough.

A lovely relaxing stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear jereemee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and for selecting the hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent stay.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us for more than one night next time. Look forward to having you stay with us.
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Villa Rosa is an amazing luxury hotels with the service, amenities and prices you can expect from a luxury hotel anywhere in the world.
I stayed at the hotel for three nights on business and I truly loved it. Staff is friendly and helpful both at reception and in restaurants and at the bar.
Nice decor, beautiful and spacious rooms with great amenities, good internet connection, helpful concierge. Breakfast is excellent and varied and I can also recommend buffet dinner with a huge choice of Western/European, Indian and local cuisine. I did not try the Chinese or Italian restaurants.
They have a very nice swimming pool and a nice bar with a lovely balcony.
Hotel is in nice area not too far from the city centre and the main business district and the only inconvenience is that you must use a car / taxi to go anywhere as hotel is a on a busy main road with lots of traffic and no pavements.
This is also why my room was a bit too noisy for my personal liking - traffic in Nairobi is horrendous even though I was on a high floor I could hear loads of it.
You should also try to avoid hotel official taxi service - cars are new and nice but prices are at least three times more expensive than any 'normal' taxi in the city.
I look forward to going back in September.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back and try to avoid hotel recommended taxis
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear ViaggiaBene,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
It’s great to note that you enjoyed your 3 night’s business trip at the hotel and were happy with your room, the fast internet connectivity, the service from the concierge, the food at Café Villa Rosa during breakfast and dinner and Balcony Bar.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused in regard to the traffic, we are currently working on increasing the double glaze strength of the rooms facing the main road, and we really do hope that the next time you stay with us there will be no disturbance.
We are really looking forward to having you stay with us in September. In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

If I regret one thing about my stay at the Villa Rosa Kempinski, it is that I only stayed for some 12 hours. Arriving from the Seychelles I checked in early evening and by 07.30 the next morning I was on my way to Wilson Airport already to fly to the Masai Mara.
On arrival my data were all at hand, apparently submitted by the Kempinski in the Seychelles, and after being greeted by name from the reception staff - it seems my notoriety precedes me I was shown to my suite where then I signed the required forms and handed over my passport for copying, a mandatory requirement now in Kenya to ascertain the identities of travelers.
The suite, with the conventional division of bedroom / bathroom and a sitting room with a working desk, was quite fully equipped and the tea selection made me smile - Kericho Gold Tea, my own preferred brand.
Much of the 12 hours I spent working away and if I found but one thing to mention, more sockets near the desk - there are sufficient numbers across the rooms of course - do help someone who has multiple gadgets to work with and batteries to charge. Other than that did the wooden flooring give a warm feel and it is clear the owners spared little expense to create an opulent hotel which will no doubt meet the expectations of the most discerning travelers.
I tested the bed and like in the Seychelles, pillows, duvet and mattress were of absolutely the best quality, as were the towels in the bathroom.
Breakfast was still being set up but I was nevertheless warmly welcomed and the spread of goodies was impressive, tempting me to eat too much had it not been for an excellent Italian meal the previous night. I opted for the Gnocchi and rarely had I in the past experienced that dish to be cooked to such perfection.
What is left to say is my regret not to have been able to experience the many facilities the hotel offers to guests, or explore the nooks and crannies which the Mediterranean architecture and style bring to the fore. This is not a sterile hotel box with straight lines but a building with its own life and the character it adds to the impression makes me want to go back and stay a week, or more.

Room Tip: From my own experience, unforgivably for only one night, the higher up the better though of course i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Safariafficionado,

Thank you for your comprehensive review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Firstly we do hope that you will stay with us for more than 12 hours the next time you visit.
My team and I are glad to read that you were happy with your personalized check in experience and your overall stay in the suite.
We are also pleased to read that the amenities that were available in the suite, including the tea selection,multiple sockets for connection of gadgets, and the cozy bedding including the pillows, duvet and mattress made your stay that much more special. At Kempinski we want to make our guest’s stay as comfortable as possible so that they depart with a desire to return.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

very good Hotel, Clean, Comfortable, Nice food, Very welcoming staff and available for any assistance. I had the chance to visit in February 2014 for 2 days meeting. the conference room was booked in the hotel. the experience was very good from the coffee breaks to the food. the Bed is very comfortable. highly recommended for business triop

Room Tip: Choose a non smoking room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Seeing a kempinski hotel in Nairobi was a good surprise. I was already booked to stay at the Serena hotel for two weeks so thought it best to have a visit and dinner at the Kempinski. The staff was very professional and took us round the property. We decided to have dinner at the Italian restaurant. Good selection of wine, opted for the Amarone. The waiter was professional and friendly. Abit nervous however we understood this and reassured him that he was doing a good job. The food was disappointing. The pizzas tasted really bad. We each had a slice only. Some Italian looking chef came to glance at us, we were seated outside, and walked back in without checking to see whether we enjoyed our meal. I thought to write this as it seems there is a perception that it is one of the best Italian restaurants in Nairobi. I'm scared to think what the benchmark is because the pizza I had is one of the worst pizzas I've ever eaten. Trust me, I'm a seasoned traveller and know good food. Please take this as constructive criticism and I look forward to visiting again when I am in Nairobi. Hopefully there will be a change.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Fatma H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent dining experience at LUCCA.
Chef de Cuisine at LUCCA – Silvio and I are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the pizza at the restaurant and deli.
LUCCA is proving to be very popular with both our international guests and the local resident community, with guests returning time after time.
We do hope that you will visit again and perhaps try another dish on the menu. The food at LUCCA is prepared using original Italian recipes with the freshest local and international produce.
We do also hope that we will have the opportunity to have you stay over at the hotel during your next visit, in case I can be of any support with your reservation, please do let me know.
Asianexpert
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have stayed in the Kempisky Villa Rosa and I can only agree to the previous comments that it is a lovely hotel, very romatic style and excellent staff.

Location: While the hotel is kind of centrally located to many businesses and not too far from the airport (took me 20 minutes at night), there is a very noisy main road in front of the hotel; giventhe antique-style windows, the trucks sound like driving right over your bed.

Rooms and Service: The room are like you can expect in a 100 year old hotel: Old-style, teak-wood flooring, very spacious, everything you need inside. Fabulous styling.
The staff is excellent and is always going the extra mile. The pool is nice (though small) the gym is also ok, very small though and located in a different building.

Overall, certainly a great place tostay, if you don't mind the noise.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Asianexpert,
Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Sounds like to had a great stay at the hotel. Yes, indeed the hotel is centrally located which is definitely a plus in Nairobi.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused in regard to the noise from the main road, we are currently working on increasing the double glaze strength of the rooms facing the main road. The next time you stay with us, noise will not be an issue.
Thank you for the compliment in regard to my colleagues, we love to make our guests happy, it is our aim that our guests return home with only fond memories of their stay with us.
In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!