“luxury in nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi to your Saves list
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
“luxury in nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

very good Hotel, Clean, Comfortable, Nice food, Very welcoming staff and available for any assistance. I had the chance to visit in February 2014 for 2 days meeting. the conference room was booked in the hotel. the experience was very good from the coffee breaks to the food. the Bed is very comfortable. highly recommended for business triop

Room Tip: Choose a non smoking room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Seeing a kempinski hotel in Nairobi was a good surprise. I was already booked to stay at the Serena hotel for two weeks so thought it best to have a visit and dinner at the Kempinski. The staff was very professional and took us round the property. We decided to have dinner at the Italian restaurant. Good selection of wine, opted for the Amarone. The waiter was professional and friendly. Abit nervous however we understood this and reassured him that he was doing a good job. The food was disappointing. The pizzas tasted really bad. We each had a slice only. Some Italian looking chef came to glance at us, we were seated outside, and walked back in without checking to see whether we enjoyed our meal. I thought to write this as it seems there is a perception that it is one of the best Italian restaurants in Nairobi. I'm scared to think what the benchmark is because the pizza I had is one of the worst pizzas I've ever eaten. Trust me, I'm a seasoned traveller and know good food. Please take this as constructive criticism and I look forward to visiting again when I am in Nairobi. Hopefully there will be a change.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Fatma H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent dining experience at LUCCA.
Chef de Cuisine at LUCCA – Silvio and I are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the pizza at the restaurant and deli.
LUCCA is proving to be very popular with both our international guests and the local resident community, with guests returning time after time.
We do hope that you will visit again and perhaps try another dish on the menu. The food at LUCCA is prepared using original Italian recipes with the freshest local and international produce.
We do also hope that we will have the opportunity to have you stay over at the hotel during your next visit, in case I can be of any support with your reservation, please do let me know.
Asianexpert
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have stayed in the Kempisky Villa Rosa and I can only agree to the previous comments that it is a lovely hotel, very romatic style and excellent staff.

Location: While the hotel is kind of centrally located to many businesses and not too far from the airport (took me 20 minutes at night), there is a very noisy main road in front of the hotel; giventhe antique-style windows, the trucks sound like driving right over your bed.

Rooms and Service: The room are like you can expect in a 100 year old hotel: Old-style, teak-wood flooring, very spacious, everything you need inside. Fabulous styling.
The staff is excellent and is always going the extra mile. The pool is nice (though small) the gym is also ok, very small though and located in a different building.

Overall, certainly a great place tostay, if you don't mind the noise.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the main road.
Dear Asianexpert,
Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Sounds like to had a great stay at the hotel. Yes, indeed the hotel is centrally located which is definitely a plus in Nairobi.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused in regard to the noise from the main road, we are currently working on increasing the double glaze strength of the rooms facing the main road. The next time you stay with us, noise will not be an issue.
Thank you for the compliment in regard to my colleagues, we love to make our guests happy, it is our aim that our guests return home with only fond memories of their stay with us.
In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I can't say much for the accommodation as I have not experienced it but what I can say is that the customer and restaurant service in particular was beyond fantastic.

I organised a surprise dinner for a loved on at the newly opened 88 Restaurant. Looking for Malaysian food in particular, I was pleased to find that the chef was Asian and would be more familiar with special requests that I would make. The restaurant manager, her team and the chef were so helpful especially considering I was ordering things that were not on the menu. They were extremely pleasant to deal with and were quick to respond to my millions of queries and different requests. They sorted out all the little surprises I had in store and this was extremely helpful as I was planning it from beyond the shores of Kenya and having never been to Nairobi, what more Africa.

The real measure is how the guests reacted. They were raving about how good the service was from the minute they parked the car to the minute they left the hotel. And besides that, they are just dying to return to eat more Asian food at the restaurant because apparently it was extremely delicious. To me, that's what makes a place good quality. It's not just when you're in the midst of your meal when it should be good but it should be the entire experience from the get go.

Thank you very much Kempinski. I've only ever been to your Jakarta location but as always, you never fail to disappoint.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear reefeelee,
Thank you so much for your review on the 88 restaurant at Villa Rosa Kempinski.
I am so glad to read that the dining experience at 88 was just great, we do have a team of very talented chefs and they are doing a great job with the dining scene at Villa Rosa Kempinski.
We want our guests to return for another meal to the hotel each time they dine with us, the experience should be so good that you are craving for more.
We really do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us soon and experience Kempinski hospitality in Kenya.
Look forward to having your guests back at the hotel to sample some of our other outlets, LUCCA – Italian Restaurant and Deli, Café Villa Rosa – All day dining which are also very good.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I spent a weekend at the Villa Rosa traveling between African cities. What a touch of luxury on the continent. Great amenities and the staff was wonderful and took care of every need. They went out of their way to provide excellent service.

Dear Pivo_11
Thank you so much for the short but effective review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
We are extremely thankful when we read comments like yours, since our ultimate aim is to ensure that our guests are extremely happy when they stay with us.
It was a real pleasure to host you at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you once again in the near future.
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We Stayed at The Kempinski for a week, Everything was Awesome, The Staff, Ambiance, The Spa was awesome and I really Loved my Facial.. the food is Quite good especially the Breakfast and Lunch Buffet.. The Cigar Lounge was also nice.. swimming pool is good, Steam room and Jaccuzi also nice...

The food at the Italian restaurant not all that.. they need to work on their cocktails though.,,, not worth it, at the Balcony Bar.. And the housekeeping is done late in the afternoon instead of morning.. the earliest our room was cleaned was 3pm

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SharzyS,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski.
We appreciate the great feedback regarding the Spa, Swimming Pool and Fitness Center. Kempinski The Spa is a haven for relaxation and rejuvenation.
LUCCA, The Italian Restaurant at the hotel is proving to be very popular with guests. Chef de Cuisine at LUCCA, Silvio Zaccareo and I are disappointed to hear that your experience at the restaurant was not that great. We do hope that you will be back in the near future to give the restaurant another try.
Our Cocktail menu was crafted after a lot of research and combines the finest of local and international ingredients to create a perfect mix. Please let us know when you will be back next, we will be happy to discuss your preferences and tailor make a cocktail for you.
Thanks for the note on housekeeping, I will personally look into this with the Executive Housekeeper.
Looking forward to welcoming you at Villa Rosa Kempinski in the near future, in case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After a drive through the busy city streets of Nairobi the gates swing open to a stunning entrance to a beautiful hotel. The very efficient check in was done quickly and efficiently and in no time I was in my room.

The rooms are well designed with all the requirements one might need. Free wifi internet always brings a smile to my face as well as a room that is laid out a way that one can quickly put ones suitcase down on a proper alcove meant for it. The bed and the pillows were the best at a hotel I have had in ages which makes such a difference.

I was part of a large group and we had our first dinner at Lucca Café & Deli restaurant. I was completely amazed at the quality of the food and subsequently had several dinners there and loved every one and would recommend it to anyone.

The reality is the quality of the whole experience made me look at the Kempinski magazine in the room and start browsing the various hotels around the world. There is no doubt I will seriously look at their Olare Mara hotel as well as the one in the Seychelles as possibilities for travel in the future.

All in all a top class hotel that has a focus on attention to detail as well as excellent service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear RayMooreme,
Thank you so much for your recent review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are delighted to read that you had an ‘amazing experience in the bustle of Nairobi’.
I am also so glad to read that you enjoyed the convenience and comfort of your room at Villa Rosa Kempinski, and that both you and the group that you were traveling with enjoyed LUCCA, which is indeed a great restaurant with fantastic food prepared by Chef Silvio and his team. Italian food really does not get better than LUCCA in Nairobi.
Great to read that the Kempinski magazine was good travel inspiration for other hotels located in beautiful destinations around the world, Kempinski hotels have a distinct collection of properties.
Please do get in touch with me if you would like us to support with organizing a trip to Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara / Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
We look forward to hosting you at Villa Rosa Kempinski once again in the near future.

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!