“Excellent Service (88 Restaurant)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Winter Breaks
Ranked #8 of 115 Hotels in Nairobi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Service (88 Restaurant)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I can't say much for the accommodation as I have not experienced it but what I can say is that the customer and restaurant service in particular was beyond fantastic.

I organised a surprise dinner for a loved on at the newly opened 88 Restaurant. Looking for Malaysian food in particular, I was pleased to find that the chef was Asian and would be more familiar with special requests that I would make. The restaurant manager, her team and the chef were so helpful especially considering I was ordering things that were not on the menu. They were extremely pleasant to deal with and were quick to respond to my millions of queries and different requests. They sorted out all the little surprises I had in store and this was extremely helpful as I was planning it from beyond the shores of Kenya and having never been to Nairobi, what more Africa.

The real measure is how the guests reacted. They were raving about how good the service was from the minute they parked the car to the minute they left the hotel. And besides that, they are just dying to return to eat more Asian food at the restaurant because apparently it was extremely delicious. To me, that's what makes a place good quality. It's not just when you're in the midst of your meal when it should be good but it should be the entire experience from the get go.

Thank you very much Kempinski. I've only ever been to your Jakarta location but as always, you never fail to disappoint.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear reefeelee,
Thank you so much for your review on the 88 restaurant at Villa Rosa Kempinski.
I am so glad to read that the dining experience at 88 was just great, we do have a team of very talented chefs and they are doing a great job with the dining scene at Villa Rosa Kempinski.
We want our guests to return for another meal to the hotel each time they dine with us, the experience should be so good that you are craving for more.
We really do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us soon and experience Kempinski hospitality in Kenya.
Look forward to having your guests back at the hotel to sample some of our other outlets, LUCCA – Italian Restaurant and Deli, Café Villa Rosa – All day dining which are also very good.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I spent a weekend at the Villa Rosa traveling between African cities. What a touch of luxury on the continent. Great amenities and the staff was wonderful and took care of every need. They went out of their way to provide excellent service.

Dear Pivo_11
Thank you so much for the short but effective review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
We are extremely thankful when we read comments like yours, since our ultimate aim is to ensure that our guests are extremely happy when they stay with us.
It was a real pleasure to host you at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you once again in the near future.
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We Stayed at The Kempinski for a week, Everything was Awesome, The Staff, Ambiance, The Spa was awesome and I really Loved my Facial.. the food is Quite good especially the Breakfast and Lunch Buffet.. The Cigar Lounge was also nice.. swimming pool is good, Steam room and Jaccuzi also nice...

The food at the Italian restaurant not all that.. they need to work on their cocktails though.,,, not worth it, at the Balcony Bar.. And the housekeeping is done late in the afternoon instead of morning.. the earliest our room was cleaned was 3pm

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SharzyS,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski.
We appreciate the great feedback regarding the Spa, Swimming Pool and Fitness Center. Kempinski The Spa is a haven for relaxation and rejuvenation.
LUCCA, The Italian Restaurant at the hotel is proving to be very popular with guests. Chef de Cuisine at LUCCA, Silvio Zaccareo and I are disappointed to hear that your experience at the restaurant was not that great. We do hope that you will be back in the near future to give the restaurant another try.
Our Cocktail menu was crafted after a lot of research and combines the finest of local and international ingredients to create a perfect mix. Please let us know when you will be back next, we will be happy to discuss your preferences and tailor make a cocktail for you.
Thanks for the note on housekeeping, I will personally look into this with the Executive Housekeeper.
Looking forward to welcoming you at Villa Rosa Kempinski in the near future, in case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After a drive through the busy city streets of Nairobi the gates swing open to a stunning entrance to a beautiful hotel. The very efficient check in was done quickly and efficiently and in no time I was in my room.

The rooms are well designed with all the requirements one might need. Free wifi internet always brings a smile to my face as well as a room that is laid out a way that one can quickly put ones suitcase down on a proper alcove meant for it. The bed and the pillows were the best at a hotel I have had in ages which makes such a difference.

I was part of a large group and we had our first dinner at Lucca Café & Deli restaurant. I was completely amazed at the quality of the food and subsequently had several dinners there and loved every one and would recommend it to anyone.

The reality is the quality of the whole experience made me look at the Kempinski magazine in the room and start browsing the various hotels around the world. There is no doubt I will seriously look at their Olare Mara hotel as well as the one in the Seychelles as possibilities for travel in the future.

All in all a top class hotel that has a focus on attention to detail as well as excellent service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear RayMooreme,
Thank you so much for your recent review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are delighted to read that you had an ‘amazing experience in the bustle of Nairobi’.
I am also so glad to read that you enjoyed the convenience and comfort of your room at Villa Rosa Kempinski, and that both you and the group that you were traveling with enjoyed LUCCA, which is indeed a great restaurant with fantastic food prepared by Chef Silvio and his team. Italian food really does not get better than LUCCA in Nairobi.
Great to read that the Kempinski magazine was good travel inspiration for other hotels located in beautiful destinations around the world, Kempinski hotels have a distinct collection of properties.
Please do get in touch with me if you would like us to support with organizing a trip to Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara / Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
We look forward to hosting you at Villa Rosa Kempinski once again in the near future.
Moret-sur-Loing, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The Kempinski Hotel is a sight for sore eyes in Nairobi, owing to the fact that it's very new.

Pros:
1. Large, fully equipped rooms, and a very comfortable bed.
2. Internet, considering you're in Kenya, is pretty fast.
3. Staff are very attentive to your needs.

Cons:
1. Food at the restaurant is really bad. Went to eat at Lucca, it's Italian restaurant, and could not really pinpoint what's wrong, but it just tasted awful. To cap it off, food is very expensive.
2. Some of the rooms directly face an office building. Better just keep your blinds down.
3. It's not centrally located in Nairobi, so if you have meetings, to top it with the Nairobi traffic, it might be too far for

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear vodkacran23,
Thanks for your comprehensive feedback on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and thank you for selecting the hotel as your preferred choice during your recent visit. We appreciate you sharing both the positive and negative aspects of your stay.
It is with extreme regret that we learn of your perception of the food at our flagship Italian restaurant, Lucca. We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy our food. Lucca is known in Nairobi as the one of the best Italian restaurants, and we are sincerely apologetic that the food you received on this occasion did not live up to your expectations, and the high standards upon which we pride ourselves.
We have an extremely dedicated team lead by our Sicilian Chef. We have received many positive comments of both the food and service since our opening in December 2013.
We would be delighted if you could please contact either myself or Executive Chef Hans Lentz at your convenience so that we can personally discuss what you felt were our shortcomings so that we can avoid such incidences in the future.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel and at LUCCA in the near future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This property really is a gem.
Check in was fast efficient and friendly.
Large well appointed room, only gripe no coffee/tea station.
Excellent breakfast.
Free wi fi.
Nice Spa/Health Club
No matter where you are in the property the staff greet and really go out of their way to make you feel at home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear whereswally_9
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am glad to read that you found the hotel to be an oasis in Nairobi.
Thank you for the wonderful compliments in regard to the check in process, large room size, breakfast quality, internet connectivity, spa and fitness center. We want to assure our travelers of memorable travel journeys when they opt to stay with us.
The tea / coffee making facilities is definitely an amenity that we are looking to incorporate in the category of rooms that currently do not have this facility.
I will most definitely pass on all your kind words to the team at the hotel and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel in the near future.
In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Nairobi, as well as any other growing city in any part of the developing world, has been challenged to the limit on its infrastructure and has totally been overun by the fast population inflow into the city.
It was great to find this hotel during our three night stay. The hotel is a fortress giving you a sense of safety and security in a somewhat............city. Where do I begin, the rooms are very nicely appointed and very spacious with a great balcony. We tried all of the restaurants and they were all very good, especially the Italian one. Great BAR. The SPA is first class and their massage service is heavenly. The pool and the pool restaurant/bar is in a great location and view. But, but the very best thing this hotel has going for them is their staff. I wish I coul point out by name all of the staff that I encounter, but it would be un fair to those that i did not. They make feel good, safe, happy, pampered, unique and well cared for. To me this is a 5 Star+++++ hotel

Room Tip: A room with a balcony