“Amazing experience in the bustle of Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
“Amazing experience in the bustle of Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After a drive through the busy city streets of Nairobi the gates swing open to a stunning entrance to a beautiful hotel. The very efficient check in was done quickly and efficiently and in no time I was in my room.

The rooms are well designed with all the requirements one might need. Free wifi internet always brings a smile to my face as well as a room that is laid out a way that one can quickly put ones suitcase down on a proper alcove meant for it. The bed and the pillows were the best at a hotel I have had in ages which makes such a difference.

I was part of a large group and we had our first dinner at Lucca Café & Deli restaurant. I was completely amazed at the quality of the food and subsequently had several dinners there and loved every one and would recommend it to anyone.

The reality is the quality of the whole experience made me look at the Kempinski magazine in the room and start browsing the various hotels around the world. There is no doubt I will seriously look at their Olare Mara hotel as well as the one in the Seychelles as possibilities for travel in the future.

All in all a top class hotel that has a focus on attention to detail as well as excellent service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear RayMooreme,
Thank you so much for your recent review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are delighted to read that you had an ‘amazing experience in the bustle of Nairobi’.
I am also so glad to read that you enjoyed the convenience and comfort of your room at Villa Rosa Kempinski, and that both you and the group that you were traveling with enjoyed LUCCA, which is indeed a great restaurant with fantastic food prepared by Chef Silvio and his team. Italian food really does not get better than LUCCA in Nairobi.
Great to read that the Kempinski magazine was good travel inspiration for other hotels located in beautiful destinations around the world, Kempinski hotels have a distinct collection of properties.
Please do get in touch with me if you would like us to support with organizing a trip to Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara / Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
We look forward to hosting you at Villa Rosa Kempinski once again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Moret-sur-Loing, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The Kempinski Hotel is a sight for sore eyes in Nairobi, owing to the fact that it's very new.

Pros:
1. Large, fully equipped rooms, and a very comfortable bed.
2. Internet, considering you're in Kenya, is pretty fast.
3. Staff are very attentive to your needs.

Cons:
1. Food at the restaurant is really bad. Went to eat at Lucca, it's Italian restaurant, and could not really pinpoint what's wrong, but it just tasted awful. To cap it off, food is very expensive.
2. Some of the rooms directly face an office building. Better just keep your blinds down.
3. It's not centrally located in Nairobi, so if you have meetings, to top it with the Nairobi traffic, it might be too far for

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear vodkacran23,
Thanks for your comprehensive feedback on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and thank you for selecting the hotel as your preferred choice during your recent visit. We appreciate you sharing both the positive and negative aspects of your stay.
It is with extreme regret that we learn of your perception of the food at our flagship Italian restaurant, Lucca. We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy our food. Lucca is known in Nairobi as the one of the best Italian restaurants, and we are sincerely apologetic that the food you received on this occasion did not live up to your expectations, and the high standards upon which we pride ourselves.
We have an extremely dedicated team lead by our Sicilian Chef. We have received many positive comments of both the food and service since our opening in December 2013.
We would be delighted if you could please contact either myself or Executive Chef Hans Lentz at your convenience so that we can personally discuss what you felt were our shortcomings so that we can avoid such incidences in the future.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel and at LUCCA in the near future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This property really is a gem.
Check in was fast efficient and friendly.
Large well appointed room, only gripe no coffee/tea station.
Excellent breakfast.
Free wi fi.
Nice Spa/Health Club
No matter where you are in the property the staff greet and really go out of their way to make you feel at home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear whereswally_9
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am glad to read that you found the hotel to be an oasis in Nairobi.
Thank you for the wonderful compliments in regard to the check in process, large room size, breakfast quality, internet connectivity, spa and fitness center. We want to assure our travelers of memorable travel journeys when they opt to stay with us.
The tea / coffee making facilities is definitely an amenity that we are looking to incorporate in the category of rooms that currently do not have this facility.
I will most definitely pass on all your kind words to the team at the hotel and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel in the near future.
In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Nairobi, as well as any other growing city in any part of the developing world, has been challenged to the limit on its infrastructure and has totally been overun by the fast population inflow into the city.
It was great to find this hotel during our three night stay. The hotel is a fortress giving you a sense of safety and security in a somewhat............city. Where do I begin, the rooms are very nicely appointed and very spacious with a great balcony. We tried all of the restaurants and they were all very good, especially the Italian one. Great BAR. The SPA is first class and their massage service is heavenly. The pool and the pool restaurant/bar is in a great location and view. But, but the very best thing this hotel has going for them is their staff. I wish I coul point out by name all of the staff that I encounter, but it would be un fair to those that i did not. They make feel good, safe, happy, pampered, unique and well cared for. To me this is a 5 Star+++++ hotel

Room Tip: A room with a balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nairobi is not exactly awash with great hotels but the Villa Rosa is a true gem. As a new five star hotel I expected great rooms and facilities but Villa Rosa delivered beyond my expectations. Of note were the wonderfully comfortable bed and spacious and well appointed bathroom. The only downside about the room was a lack of tea and coffee making facilities, which were provided on request.
Other facilities at the hotel are also a great standard. The spa is excellent and the gym and swimming pool well equipped and with a good degree of privacy. The hotel has a number of dining options and my experience was mixed. Breakfast was good in the main restaurant. The Italian restaurant lacked atmosphere and the food service in the bar area was slow. At the same time the food was good and I passed my negative comments to the hotel management.
The best part of the Villa Rosa was the staff. From the management down every member of staff made me feel special. There is a genuine Kenyan warmth that makes you want to return at the earliest opportunity.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise it is best to request a room at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi. We appreciate your feedback.
My team and I are glad to hear that the hotel’s room and facilities were beyond your expectations of that of a luxury hotel.
Thank you for the compliments on the Spa and Fitness Center, Kempinski The Spa is a new concept to the region and is proving to be very popular with guests. The treatments are definitely worth a try – they are extremely relaxing and rejuvenating.
In regard to your feedback on the service at the bar, I have taken this up with our Food and Beverage Director and this will definitely be looked into.
I will let all my colleagues know that you were happy with the warm hospitality at Villa Rosa Kempinski.
We would like our guests to have great memories of their stay at Villa Rosa. In case we can support with future reservations, please let us know.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Its an excellent hotel located in Westlands, very secure hotel with nice and friendly staff. They arranged an unforgettable trip to Nakuru for me as well. I had no issues at all during my four nights stay apart from the bad WiFi coverage on 6th floor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The location, the staff, the rooms, the food, all were excellent. If I had to pick a complaint it would be the slow internet, but given the quality of the rest of the offering that is only a minor point, if a frustrating one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear TheRunawayFound,

Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am so delighted to read that you had an excellent experience at the hotel.
We do hope that you will be back to stay with us in the near future.
In regard to your note on the slow internet, we are looking at increasing bandwidth.
Once again thanks for selecting Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Nairobi

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!