“As close to flawless as you can get.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

You added Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi to your Saves list
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Vancouver
“As close to flawless as you can get.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My 7 day stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski was as close to flawless as you can get, or should expect. As a first time visitor to Nairobi, location, service, security and business amenities were at the top of my list of concerns.

Since I was arriving at 3:30am, I arranged to have the hotel send a car to pick me up at the airport. The driver was waiting for me, and quickly we were on our way to the hotel, with bottled water waiting in the car. Upon arrival at the hotel, I could immediately tell that safety and security were top priority for the hotel. The car was stopped for a search at the outer gates of the property, even though it was a hotel car. You must also pass through a metal detector when entering the lobby. All of this was welcome, and provided a sense of security.

Check in was fast and efficient. The team member that checked me in could sense how tired I was (I had been in transit for 30 hours at that point), so he told me that I could come back down tomorrow after I got some sleep and he would explain all the hotel amenities to me at that time. This was a very minor gesture, but VERY much appreciated.

The room itself was beautiful, and big enough for me. THe hotel is fairly new, so everything was in great shape. There were lots of outlets both by the desk and by the bedside, and also the plugs were the kind that almost any type plug could fit into, just incase you forgot your travel adapter. Bed was very comfortable. Bottled water was also provided for free, and replenished everyday. THe DoNot Disturb sign was actually a light that you could control from your bedside, instead of having to hang something on the door. The closet provided lots of hangars and a safe big enough for a laptop. My room faced the back of the building, which was very quiet, except for Friday night, where I could hear music from a nearby club. It did not bother me however.

Breakfast was great and I believe served from 6am to 10am, so good for early risers. Lots of options both hot, cold, and multicultural offerings. You could also have eggs made to order. Coffee was brought to your table how you like it. I asked if I could have soy milk instead of regular milk, and it was no problem. In fact, the excellent staff remembered each day, so that I didnt need to ask for it.

Wifi is free for up to 2 devices. I never had a problem with the speed, so I was able to get lots of work done when I was back at my room.

I had a chance to eat at both the Italian Restaurant and the Pan-Asian restaurant and they were both very good. The fitness centre was great too. All new equipment. I did not get a chance to partake of the Spa services, sadly.

The hotel is also next door to a Standard Chartered Bank, and you can get to the ATM, though the back garden of the hotel. There is a guard that will unlock the door for you, and can see you at the ATM, so that felt a bit more secure.

The only time there was a problem during my stay was when my Air Conditioner stopped working. I phoned the front desk and within 5 minutes, the technician was there to look into it. Turns out, a fuse had blown, so that was quickly fixed.

I have to say that what really made my stay special was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and genuine. I really felt very well taken care of. Anything I asked met with "Of course!" and a smile. At the end of my stay, I was heading out on a Safari for two days, and the hotel agreed to store my larger suitcase for me during that time, which was much appreciated.

I will definitely return to this property when I return to Nairobi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear thunderkitty_van,
Thank you very much for your comprehensive feedback on your 7 day stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am very pleased to read about all your positive experiences at the hotel, with emphasis on the airport transfer, safety and security, check in, accommodation, breakfast at Café Villa Rosa, LUCCA – Italian Restaurant and Deli, 88 – Pan Asian Restaurant and wifi connectivity.
We are indeed very fortunate to have some amazing team members who are very eager and committed. They will be extremely delighted to read that their hard work pays off, with guests being able to have great memories of their stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Thank you for selecting Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi as your accommodation of choice during your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again in the near future, in case we can support with future reservations, please do get in touch.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to The SPA at villa rosa... - great great service. we did the signature package. and as it says on the brochure, they did exactly that. we were welcomed with some hibiscus and orange water, and some grapes and then started the treatment. very soothing, calm, relaxing and they actually get rid of all the stress and tension in your body. you then end the treatment with some tea and some nuts in another room. we finished by sitting in the Jacuzzi for a while.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear S0nki,

Thank you for the review on Kempinski The Spa.
Our Spa Manager and I are extremely happy to read that you thought Kempinski The Spa was amazing.
The spa was only launched a couple of days ago, so its great to receive such wonderful feedback.
I do hope that you will be back to experience another treatment at Kempinski The Spa.
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I recently just stayed at the hotel with my Missus who was attending a conference there. It's a pretty nice hotel, still a bit new and i like the building structure, rooms are small though but very clean and supplies are constantly being changed. We had some issues with the air conditioning as we couldn't regulate it from the room but I'm sure that will be corrected. They have a good gym and fully equipped spa and their staff are also courteous. The central shopping malls is like 5 minutes walk from the hotel so pretty convenient for those that don't like hotel food. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and may stay there again when next in Nairobi

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear skibochi,
Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am pleased to read that you accompanied your wife on this trip and had the opportunity to stay with us.
Thank you for the note on the air conditioning, i will look into this with our Chief Engineer.
Thank you for the compliments on Kempinski The Spa, which we just launched a couple of days ago. Kempinski The Spa has a great, distinct philosophy and the treatments are definitely worth a try.
We do hope that you will be back to stay with us once again in the near future to enjoy the hospitality at the hotel.
In case we can be of any support with future reservations, please do get in touch.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

An excellent hotel with some minor flaws. My room did not have an iron, but after calling the front desk, it was quickly solved. Other than that, a fantastic facility. Great gym and pool. The one star deduction comes from the painfully slow check-in process.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear AdventureAddict86,
Thank you for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities at the hotel. Glad to also note that the front desk were able to respond to your iron request quickly.
In regard to the slow check in process, i apologize for this and have taken this up personally with our Rooms Division Manager.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you once again at the hotel in the near future.
In case we can be of any support with future reservations, please do let us know.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while on a business trip. Lobby and checkin service was great. Room service and overall services at the business centre was prompt. Rooms are spacious, bright and airy. The only area of improvement would be the room service and a la carte menu selection. I was not completely satisfied with the range of food options and cuisines available. Also, the vegetarian selection needs some more creativity. Other than this it is a fantastic new hotel conveniently located in Parklands.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am happy to read that the check in experience at the hotel was great, glad to also note that you were happy with the prompt service in regard to room service and your business center needs.
The rooms at the hotel are definitely a nice treat - they are wonderful to live in.
Thank you for the note in regard to our food and beverage options including the selection of vegetarian dishes, i will take this up with our Executive Chef.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you once again in the near future.
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Excellent meeting venue. We were treated very well by all staff and even stayed well beyond our meeting time. Ample parking and excellent food. Beautiful conference rooms and warm reception. First class equipment and staff on hand to assist. Enjoyed a tour of the rooms which look great. Lovely gardens and good use of space. A jewel in the middle of the hectic highway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wakesho254,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are delighted to read that you loved the meeting experience at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, it’s our endeavor to provide stress – free meetings for our delegates with excellent high tech facilities.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host your next meeting at the hotel, in case we can be of any support with future bookings please do get in touch.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Wish the staff were more 5 star hotel-like. That would certainly want people to come back and pass on a good word about the hotel/service encouraging more people to visit because at the end of the day, people come to expensive places expecting a certain level of service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AnHonestReviewer2014,

We value guest feedback, and notes such as yours ultimately allow us to serve our clients with perfection.
When you stayed with us in October, the hotel was in its soft opening phase, it had only been a month since the hotel opened its doors to guests on 01st September, and I am disappointed to learn that your visit was less than acceptable. Please accept our apologies on behalf of the team at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Having been in operation for a couple of months now, my team and I are confident that you will enjoy your next stay at the hotel.
We do hope that you will be back to stay with us in the near future.
In case I can be of any support with future reservations, please do get in touch.
Rest assured we continue to work diligently to provide memorable travel journeys for our guests.

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!