“Villa Rosa Kempinski hotel” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiromo Road, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Villa Rosa Kempinski hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

After spending a considerable five years in Africa and being well versed with the level of professionalism/ (unprofessionalism, in some cases), the newly opened Villa Rosa Kempinski in Nairobi took me by surprise! My family had a memorable stay out there.
Not only was it a cleverly designed modern structure but also a beautiful one. Even though all the restaurants are not functional at this stage, the one that was open was magnificent. My resolution to watch what I eat has gone down the drain, as the chefs came up with an irresistable menu and managed to up-sell their scrumptious wares! Darn!!!
Having said that, I look forward to visiting the hotel again in the near future when the restaurants are open and running. The staff was pro active and polite and extremely patient with my precarious toddler! Thanks team Villa Rosa- See you all soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Sbn07,

Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, and selecting the hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your visit to Nairobi.

My team and i are extremely pleased to read that you were happy with the design of the hotel, quality of food and level of service. I will most definitely pass on your compliments to the entire team.

Look forward to welcoming both you and the family back in the near future for when our restaurants (88 Pan - Asian and Tambourin - Moroccan Lounge) will also be open. Lucca, our Italian restaurant is opening very soon on the 06th Dec.

In case we can support with future reservations to provide yet another memorable stay in Nairobi, please do get in touch.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was really not the best. At the gate you are met by very polite security staff but unfortunately, their uniform is really just pathetic. It was ill fitting to the level of forcing one to avert their gaze due to the way it accentuated all the unflattering features of wearer.

The second thing that really peeved me was the writers at the bar inside the hotel. The friend who we were going to see asked to see the doctor or a nurse as she was unwell and she was informed that the doctor is not there, intact he usually takes off just like that without telling anyone. We then ordered a croissant and the waitress came back and announced the ones that are did not look so fresh, and she advise us to have something else!

Who in the service industry comes to air their dirty laundry to the client especially in such a new establishment that is claiming to offer 7 Star services?????

I think you need to train your wait staff prudence when dealing with clients, get your security personnel uniforms befitting your establishment and ensure yhay your medical staff are always on call.

You cannot claim to even be a five star hotel is your major aspects of your service delivery is not uptown scratch.

Do something, or you will not last long, that is my advice..

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MukamiK,
Thank you taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
It is indeed very unfortunate that you did not review the hotel in a positive light.
Our hotel uniforms were designed by a top designer and are actually complimented by a lot of the hotel guests.
I am also disappointed to read that the doctor was not available when you requested to see him. I will definitely look into this, since we do have a full time doctor and nurse on property to take care of any medical emergencies.
Croissants are a Viennoiserie product and are best eaten fresh, in the early hours of the morning – from oven to plate.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you back at the hotel in the near future so that you can experience the essence of the Kempinski brand – providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Rooms are well done and beds are wonderfully comfortable(I'm not a fan of the windows that look into bathrooms but it seems to be the trend); the toiletries are nice but not ultra-luxe, nice crisp LCD TVs with great channel selection

Adequate gym (could use more free weights) but certainly adequate. The gym is in a separate building called the Galleria. Swimming pool has recessed lighting and had a pleasant temperature.

The one current restaurant (there are others being build in the compound) has a good selection of food; reasonably priced for Nairobi however the portion sizes are not adequate especially the asian/Indian dishes. The buffet is an alternate but tends to be very meat heavy and quite pricey (40 USD)

Service overall was good - the person who checks you in walks you up to the room. They added a baby cot into my room and offered an assortment of fresh fruits a gratis at my request.

The conceirge is knowledgeable and trustworthy - the car we hired was reasonably priced compared to other taxis.

Great security at the front gates as well (if that's a factor in your stay)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are delighted to read that you were happy with the rooms and quality of food.

I have noted your concern regarding the free weights in the gym and i will definitely look into this with our Gym Manager.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the portion size of the Indian / Asian dishes at Cafe Villa Rosa and will also look into this with our Executive Chef.

I will definitely pass on your compliments to the entire service team.

Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi assures travellers of memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi in the near future. In case we can be of any support with future reservations please do let us know
Schaerbeek, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

rooms are very spacious but the ones facing chimoro road are very noisy, even in the 9th floor. windows are very thin - a little extra investment would have made a difference. staff are friendly but not always up to the task. we asked for a map of nairobi and it took three people 15 minutes to find one. we needed an early breakfast which arrived 20 minutes late- not nice when you have to rush to the airport.
breakfast and restaurant are excellent.

Stayed November 2013
BernardMercier, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review on your stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are happy to note that you found the rooms to be spacious and enjoyed dining at the restaurants at the hotel. I have taken note of your feedback regarding the windows and map and breakfast being delivered late, and will take this up with the team. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Its great to receive such candid feedback as it helps us identify what we are doing right, and what we may need to work on to assure that all our guests have a memorable stay with us
We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel once again in the near future. If we can support with future reservations, please let us know.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and incomparable to any other offerings in nairobi, and most of the rest of Africa. It only opened very recently and thus the most remarkable thing was the flawless service. The hotel does not seem to be suffering from any of the standard service hiccups of a new hotel. The extremely tight security was a bit of a pain, but it does give you confidence on your safety. The gym is fantastic and there is a really good schedule of fitness classes. Food is fantastic and there are several outlets within the hotel and the wine bar on the first floor feels more like a W and worth visiting even if not staying in the hotel. Nairobi is expensive for hotels so it still feels like reasonable value given the alternatives.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am delighted to note that you had a pleasent experience at the hotel, i will definitely pass on your compliments to the entire team. Happy to note you enjoyed the fitness classes and the food.
Hoping that you will return in the near future when Kempinski The Spa and the rest of the food and beverage outlets are open, including Lucca our Italian Restaurant, 88, Pan Asian and Tambourin, Moroccan rooftop lounge.
In case we can be of any support with future reservations, please do let us know.
Kanagawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights just one week after the opning late Aug. 2013. Upon arrival during check in I was offered fresh juice and hot towel. People at reception was very nice and welcomed me. Check in was very smooth.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
Good variety of breakfast was also very good. As this is a german brand hotel, it could be better if german bread was available but it was no problem.
Highly recommended and I will come back to this hotel next time I come back to Nairobi!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
BernardMercier, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My team and I are extremely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and were happy with the warm welcome and smooth check in process.
Glad to also hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable, which is exactly what the traveler would like out of his / her accommodation.
I will most definitely pass on your recommendation regarding the German bread to our Executive Chef. Thank you so much for that.
In case we can be of any further assistance with future reservations, please do let us know.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

For a new hotel, still completing the finishing touches, I was extremely impressed. My friend and I stayed at the Kempinski following a safari, and our stay was the perfect end to an amazing trip. The hotel is extremely well decorated, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the staff go so far above and beyond that the overall experience surpassed all expectations.

Most restaurants haven't opened yet (they said the restaurants should be open by November) but the food they did offer was excellent. Brunch had honey dripping directly from the honeycomb! There was a mix-up with room service that could have been handled better (it took them an hour and a half to realize they didn't have the ingredients to make the dish I ordered) but I suspect this is because the staff is still new and getting the hang of everything.

The spa wasn't fully open yet, but during my massage, I got to see the facilities which are lovely. The massage therapist are very good.

Perhaps the best part of the stay was the staff. All are extremely friendly, but the concierge took customer service to a whole new level. I hope to stay here again many times.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

My team and I are extremely pleased to read that you had an overall pleasent stay at the hotel and were impressed with the interior decor, comfortable beds and organic honey at breakfast. The honey is sourced from a local honey producer, the kitchen team place an emphasis on sourcing from local producers who place an emphasis on organic produce.
We look forward to having the opportunity to hosting you once again in the near future, when all our speciality resturants are open, including 88, Pan Asian Restaurant, Lucca, Italian Restaurant and Tambourin Moroccan Rooftop Lounge.
Our apologies in regard to the room service, we value your feedback to continuously improve our service and will ensure that the necessary training is put in place to avoid any reoccurance of the same incident.
I will definitely pass on your compliments to the entire team and in the event that we can assist with future reservations please do let us know.

Been to Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi? Share your experiences!