“I wanted to stay here!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gracia Gardens

Gracia Gardens
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gracia Gardens
Save Saved
You added Gracia Gardens to your Saves list
Kilimani off Dennis Pritt Rd, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #56 of 96 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
London, England
“I wanted to stay here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I got a taxi from the airport and it took two and half hours to get to the hotel because I got stuck in traffic caused by a football match. It was about 22:30 when I arrived, only to find that they had let my room go to someone else and the hotel was now full. A driver immediately transferred my baggage to his car and took me to a "sister hotel". On arrival at I don't know where, we found the entrance to the hotel blocked by a pick-up truck. Finally it was moved and my cases were carried up several flights of stairs to a room in the roof. There was a mosquito net floor to ceiling, partitioning off the side with the beds in but there were already mosquitoes on both sides! I slept ok because it was very quiet there. In the morning I went to breakfast to find no cereal. There was "fruit juice" but its colour was so intense that it almost glowed and there was bread. After this I checked out and asked where I was, as I had no idea where they had taken me the night before. I showed them a map I had printed out that showed me the way to get from the hotel I should have been in to the office that I was visiting. There was a lot of puzzlement and a driver then took me for a tour of the local area. After quite a long time I found a land mark and was able to direct the driver to the office, which I had never been to previously.
Gracia Gardens hotel might be very nice but I don't want to stay at the "sister hotel" again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

When i arrived at the airport, the hotel driver was waiting. A super good guy.
From the kenyatta airport, its around 40 minutes drive to the hotel.
The hotel had big and clean rooms. The bathroom and the shower was okey.
The rooms did not have aircondition. But for this time of year, it was not needed. And they had mosquito nets around the beds.
The breakfast was good. Some juices, fruit and other stuff. A chef was ready to make omelett or pancakes.
The dinner meny was not good. Most of the dishes was not available. And the few i tasted, was not Worth any rating.
The hotel have a big relaxing garden With service. Good Place for spend the evening after a busy day.
The staff are very friendly and very helpfull. I will stay at this hotel NeXT time i go back to Nairobi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gracia Gardens? Share your experiences!