“Vegetarian food at its best” 4 of 5 stars

Shivachi Road, Parklands | M.P.Shah Hospital Doctor's Plaza, Nairobi, Kenya
Improve this listing
Ranked #318 of 368 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian
“Vegetarian food at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was of two minds, whether to write this review at all. The place is so small... What if everybody will flock there?!
Tucked between two buildings in M.P.Shah Hospital, the place is easily missed. It is essentially a canteen, but what a canteen! Size matters, therefore, given insignificance of it, the food is virtually home made. I can talk a lot, but let me say the best (paneer) samosas I have ever tried are prepared there (my regards to our second best Talisman...). Best tree tomato juice, too. Every day they serve a speciality, with the highlight of the week being Thali (Gujarati traditional) lunch buffet. This is a real treat! Everything, repeat, everything, is delicious. And a wrap up with the delicious digestive, never tried such thing before, either.
One more thing about the food: no extra oil or/and cream. Not your usual feeling "I am stuffed!!!", not at all. The food is reasonalby light.
It is going to be our regular place.

• Visited January 2013