“Good convienient place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of About Thyme

About Thyme
Corner of Peponi Road and Eldama Ravine Road | Westlands, Nairobi 14150 - 00800, Kenya
Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 318 restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: European, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good convienient place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Given the traffic situation in Westlands we ventured back to About Thyme after a few years recently.

We were pleasantly surprised with quality of food upon your return. Maybe the menu has changed over the years but it was a great lunch; also the kids enjoyed themselves alot.

The only downside was that the waiter that we had was a new member of staff and not very versed in the menu and procedures, but none the less it was a great experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Roodepoort, South Africa
“Excellent, make sure you go there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend took me to About Thyme – I recognized the name of the restaurant – it was listed in the hotel brochure. I did not know what to expect and it was great. The restaurant is an old renovated house with a European flair and a menu that offered descriptive and interesting options – international cuisine. My friend recommended the red snapper and it was by far the best fish that I have ever had! The grilled vegetables accompanying the fish formed a perfect combination. We did not stay for desert, but the Kenyan coffee offered a great end to a lovely meal. The restaurant offered us intimate and special dining and I definitely recommend it.
Sit outside and definitely try the red snapper!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Brunch was wonderful, it was not as crowded as expected which was nice. They have tasty crepes and waffles. The only think was it looked dark, since even the outside seating area was also covered and probably because of the furniture choice. Around 1pm restaurant started to get crowded, so if you are a late eater you better make a reservation, otherwise it may be hard to find a table.

Visited September 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“My favourite go-to dinner spot in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been to About Thyme for dinner four times now, three of which have been for medium-to-large group birthday dinners. Even with a big group, the service has been wonderful and prompt. They have a varied menu which has alternating weekly specials; everything I've eaten there has been delicious. Each time they have offered a free biting to start which is a really nice touch compared to other Nairobi eateries. Good choices for both meat-eaters and vegetarians. The chocolate peanut butter pie I had there was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I'm a loyal fan for sure.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Call that a salad ?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I took my mother here for lunch today. It took them nearly 30 mins to bring out our order of one tomato soup and one green salad. The soup was tepid and tasteless. The salad was miserly in portion size and the chef had taken the trouble to wash the leaves but not to dry them, so there were a couple of millimetres of water at the bottom of the salad. I had to ask for the bill 4 times.

The manage was very pleasant when I gave her my feedback, but I doubt much will change, so I certainly will not go back. That is a shame because the setting is quite nice.

• Visited April 2013