I stayed here for a week on a business trip and had mixed feelings about the hotel. The hotel itself is really lovely and new. The rooms and hotel were nicely decorated, very clean, and modern. Here's the good bad and ugly about the hotel:
- Very clean and beautiful hotel
- Food was very good
- Gym was nice
- Workers were very friend and hospitable
- Really annoying to have to get my bags searched every time I came into the hotel. This might be standard hotel procedures for all hotels, but it was really annoying.
- Drinks were quite expensive
- The outdoor lounge and pool were on the top level of the hotel and it was so windy and cold each night that I couldn't even sit out there. It was a waste of a nice space.
- The shower would go very hot and very cold throughout the shower. I don't understand why this should be happening. It needs fixed.
- I specifically asked if my room had good and constant internet access (it was good in the restaurant and lobby) and they said yes, but it was almost non-existent in my room. My laptop could barely pick it up and it would go in and out, and my phone and iPad couldn't pick it up at all. I asked to be moved to a different room and they said they were completely full (I find that unlikely). This is the main reason I wouldn't stay here again.
- The roof bar was so loud that I could hear it on my second floor room. It was on the 7th floor so its incredible to me that it would be that loud. It kept me up multiple nights. Another reason why I wouldn't stay here again.
Overall this hotel is a case of a place that could really fantastic but falls short in so many areas. Kenya has some nice hotels and it shouldn't deal with the issues that it does. I'm staying somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Premier Nairobi is located in the suburb of Hurlingham within 10 minutes drive from Nairobi central and 20 km from the Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel features a swimming pool, restaurant and a gym.Each air-conditioned room offers a view of the city and comes equipped with a satellite TV, minibar and tea-and-coffee-making facilities. The private bathroom includes a shower and free toiletries.The restaurant at Premier Nairobi serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A number of restaurants serving a range of local and international cuisines can be found within 2 km.For relaxation, guests can lounge beside the heated pool or enjoy a round of golf at the Royal Nairobi Golf Club, 3.2 km away.Free Wi-Fi and private parking is available and a business centre including secretarial services is available to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.