“Beautiful, business-class hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Argwings Kodhek Road | Hurlingham, Nairobi 1939-00606, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Internet Special
Ranked #17 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Washington, DC
“Beautiful, business-class hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a beautiful, business-class hotel up to the standards of any major city. The room and bath were clean and modern, although this may be the firmest mattress I have ever slept on. There was a stocked bar and refrigerator, coffee maker, cable TV and room safe. A full breakfast was included. In addition to a very good restaurant in the lobby, with a lovely outdoor patio, there is a snack bar on the roof deck, near the pool. The gym was also quite nice, and the staff extremely helpful. Although I don’t know anything about the neighborhood, or how well-located the hotel is since I was only in transit, I can say it does have good security, with a perimeter fence and guards checking any car that enters the premises. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with the online world your experience in our property.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. And yes, we take the security of all our guests very seriously to ensure they enjoy their stay.
Please stay with us again in future and recommend us to your associates as well.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I originally visited this pristine hotel in April last year, at that time it had just opened its doors and my host insisted I should stay there. Considering my previous stay in the Best Western in Dar es salaam in January 2012 I took up his advice.

I stayed for three nights and I was impressed by the rooms and the general attention to detail.

The food and the staff were really great thus I couldn't resist a visit to the hotel for a drink with a business associate.

The staff recognised me from last year at the restaurant downstairs and greeted me warmly.I chose to sample the roof top bar which on my first visit was still under construction.

The Rooftop is beautiful, the service was great and the warm lanterns were a real treat considering the chilly Nairobi weather. We were even offered blankets to further protect us from the chilly weather.

I will definitely be back !

David

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear David,

We are delighted you visited us again after your first visit in April 2013. It is indeed pleasant to note that you enjoyed your second visit.
Please visit us again.

Kind regards,

Management
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were at this hotel for one night pre safari. They arranged our ground transfer from the airport and despite a lengthy time in getting through immigration our driver was waiting for us at about 10:00 pm. No issues at all and upon arrival the hotel was perfect. Clean, up to date and a good buffet breakfast. They also made a few phone calls for us (no charge) to change our pick up time in the morning.

Arriving late at night it was also to have 24 hour room service available as we were able to have a very late dinner. Since it was so late when we arrived I can't really comment on the location except that it was about a 20 minute drive from the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property with the online world.
We are glad you left happy as you found our services seamless.

Please stay with us again in your next visit to Nairobi.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed for two nights last week and were pleasantly surprised. I'll try to break this down:
Staff:
Front desk extremely pleasant and went out of their way to help with issues I had with my on-line booking (especially Maureen).
Pablo's restaurant staff and roof top bar- not rude... but compared to everywhere else we had been in Kenya - not friendly at all...just seemed disinterested.
Room:
Nicely appointed with slippers, plenty of water, tea kettle, etc. Completely noise proof, very nice bathroom. We had ants in our first room and after some pleading with the front desk - they upgraded us to a lovely suite (my husband is gold so is eligible for upgrades).
Safely:
Large perimeter fence, underside of cars checked with mirrors, trunks opened, and then we were each scanned prior to entering hotel. We felt very safe.

We will definitely stay here when we return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our property and for posting your review online. We welcome all reviews from our guests and appreciate the compliments which have already been passed on to the team. The comments about the restaurant staff have also been noted and will be adequately addressed.
We are especially happy that you found our property well secured and you felt safe.Please stay again with us in your next visit to Nairobi.

Seattle, WA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I visited Pablo's restaurant at the best Western and ordered for the prawns wa nazi . It was very good although the portions were small and they charge an arm and a leg for it. The prawns were delicious though. The very next day I went with my wife as I was hoping for a better experience. I hadn't eaten the whole day so at dinner I asked for two portions of the prawns while my wife had the grilled chicken breast. This time around my prawns were cold and the sauce was not as good as the last time. My wife did not like her chicken breast. I don't think I will be going back due to this. Service is quite poor too.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for visiting our restaurant as well as posting your review online about your experience.
We have clearly noted that you and your wife did not enjoy your meals during your second visit.
We apologise for the inconsistency in the food and this information has been shared with the team in an effort to take corrective measures.

Please visit us again and experience the improved services and meals. Feel free to meet the management who will ensure you get value for money.

Management
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was attending a friend's birthday party at the rooftop and this being my first visit to the hotel I was hoping for and expecting alot better. It wasnt a busy night but the service was horrendous and this is why:
1) we ask for the menu it takes 20 minutes for the waiter to bring one.
2) the waiter finally takes the order and rudely asks for the cash on order (a little courtesy never hurt anybody)
3) after patiently waiting for an hour, following up with 2 other waiters, birthday girl cutting the cake,people eat, chat and start leaving the drink arrives.
4)I tell the waiter that the service is horrible and ask why they are slow, he rudely and sarcastically replies " yeah I know its pathetic yeah its really horrible" as he places the drink on the table and walks off with no apology.
5)a group of white people arrive 10 min prior to me getting the drink and within minutes get their drinks (some ladies having ordered the same as mine)
All in all it was an awful first impression with horrendous service, rude staff, good service only to a preferred race.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We welcome both negative and positive feedback to ensure we improve on any weak areas.
We apologise for the bad experience you had at our roof top restaurant. This is not what we stand for nor advocate. We always strive to give our geusts good value for money which evidently you did not get.
We do not discriminate against any guest that walks through our doors and your review has set us on a thorough investigation to ensure anything of this nature is stamped out.

Please feel free to visit the hotel again and get in touch with the management.

Thank you once more and kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed at Best Western Nairobi for a short business trip and was delighted at the amenities and customer service Excellent facilities overall esp. Good business venue that impressed my clients
Had an exquisite meal at the rooftop bar with spectacular views of the Nairobi skyline.
A well secured central location with pleasant attentive and helpful staff. Hotel' international standard unquestionable Highly recommendable
Salim

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a brilliant view