“Very Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Argwings Kodhek Road | Hurlingham, Nairobi 1939-00606, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #22 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Mauritius
“Very Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a quick Business Trip. The hotel works for the business traveller and has just about all you need and it all works. The breakfast was ok and accommodated our various meetings with parties from outside of the hotel. The staff are warm and friendly and the hotel all in all I can recommend it for a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments posted on TripAdvisor. We value then greatly as they make us ensure we give our guests value for money.
Please stay with us again in future.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for business for 3 nights and it was a really great hotel. Clean, comfortable, SECURE!! and staff where really customer focussed. I thought it was expensive (work paid) but in the scheme of Nairobi I think it was reasonable price that you pay for this level of service and security. Didnt love the buffett breakfast but the room service food was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear GUest,

Thank you very much for sharing with the online world your experience after staying with us.
We value your comments and more so those that make us strive to improve our services and product.

Please stay with us again in future.

Bingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We used this hotel as a stop over when arriving in Nairobi and at the end of our three week stay in kenya before leaving for the airport..

The rooms are spacious comfortable and well appointed. We didn't have time to try the bar, restaurant or swimming pool but the room service food was good although the service was rather slow.

Excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review online.
We have noted the issue you have raised with the rooms service and will surely work on improving the speed.

Thank you once more and please stay with us again when in Nairobi.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Brand new hotel with excellent downtown view from rooftop, good restaurant, great rooms and for affordable price! Try mashroms cream-soup! We were in promo period when hotel just opened and price was 150$, and it was the best offer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you visited us just when we opened. Yes, we have improved on our standards all round and request you visit us again.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the online world.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Best Western Premier in Nairobi provided a fantastic setting for my first trip to Nairobi. The hotel combines business class convenience with a cool, hip feel that makes you forget that you are actually on a business trip. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly, which is a warm welcome whenever you are in a foreign country. I look forward to future stays at the hotel and would highly recommend the venue to business and vacation travelers alike.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you for staying with us in November 2013. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Yes, we have very competent and well trained staff who ensure all the intricate needs of our guests are well taken care of.

As promised please recommend us to your contacts. Also remember to book your next stay with us when in this part of the world.

Nairobi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had last minutes plans to take my fiancé and a couple of friends( 20) out tonight 8/11/2013) I had been to most of the hotels in town and wanted something nice and new. I found out about about the ciroq lounge at best western online. it came with high recommendations. I have never been there before and did not want to have surprises in the evening leading my guests to an unknown place.so I went there at 9am to ask if I could see the lounge and to familiarize myself with the environment.
At the counter was Lazarus. I explained to him what I needed and how the day was special to me and my fiancé but he told me I could not see the lounge because it was dirty. I said I didn't mind the dirt but he told me to go come back at ten. I told him I would be reporting for duty and had driven all the way just to come see the place but he would hear none of it. He was very combative and lacked customer care. His body language , tone of voice and demeanour all told me he was not interested in my business. at one point I asked him if I could speak to the manager maybe he could authorise my seeing the place despite it being dirty to which he said "I am the manager!!! and it is people like you who go to the internet to write how dirty our hotel is". he then pointed out to a guy and told me this is the guy cleaning that place go come back at ten. Involving the cleaning personnel was absolutely unnecessary.
As I was leaving the hotel security whom I believe must be from another company noticed my distress and after mentioning to them how shocked I was they asked if I minded talking to the sales manager but at this point best western could not sell anything to me.
I left with the feeling that he is not only the manager but the owner or co-owner of the hotel. It takes a lot of arrogance to treat a customer the way he treated me. I felt so worthless and still are in shock. I have stayed in over 50 hotels in five different continents but never once have I written a review on any hotel but thanks to Lazarus referring to 'people like me' here I am writing one
I have made a call to the hotel and spoke to a different manager and still await for their response. I have left them with my contacts

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your displeasure with the way you were treated by one of our members of staff.
The management would like to apologise for this. As discussed on phone and also through emails we request that you visit us again and get in touch with the management. The member of staff mentioned sent you a written apology letter and we are happy that you accepetd his apology.

Corrective measures have been taken and no repeat of such manner is expected to recur.

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was going to let this go but its been on my mind all week.So Saturday 3 November 2013 was my boyfriends birthday and a friend recommended that I take my boyfriend for dinner at the Best Western roof top .
So we got there and all was well but this lady waitress and her manager left me feeling like we were so worthless.
Our orders came like 30 minutes later my please for her to bring us our drinks first if the food was taking so long fell on deaf ears she continued serving all the white people who some of which even came after us and she kept running around while we waited cold and hungry .Finally when she brought our food she dint give us hot towels or even show us where we could wash our hands so we waited and waited and when I saw her still running around serving the white people reminded her again and you wont believe it she still dint bring us the towels.In fact she unbelievably rolled her eyes at us.
The manager had to bring us some very wet towels much much later.I wondered why she was stomaching such a rude waitress.we had ordered for wraps which would have been best eaten with our hands.It started raining abit and since its an open area they have this tent covers which no one bothered to pull our way.Our bill took her almost one hour to bring and since she was not serving us drinks that we had requested for we had opted to go.Could this be a case of a 5star hotel with 1 star treatment? The manager if at all this one cares can reach me on jothiomi@yahoo.com

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your online review. We do apologise for the poor service you experienced at our new roof top lounge. This is certainly way below our standard and has been adequately addressed.

We have improved the experience at this lounge. Please feel free to visit again to witness for yourself.
Thank you once more and please accept our sincere apologies.

Management

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi? Share your experiences!