“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Argwings Kodhek Road | Hurlingham, Nairobi 1939-00606, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #22 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Best Western Premier in Nairobi provided a fantastic setting for my first trip to Nairobi. The hotel combines business class convenience with a cool, hip feel that makes you forget that you are actually on a business trip. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly, which is a warm welcome whenever you are in a foreign country. I look forward to future stays at the hotel and would highly recommend the venue to business and vacation travelers alike.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you for staying with us in November 2013. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Yes, we have very competent and well trained staff who ensure all the intricate needs of our guests are well taken care of.

As promised please recommend us to your contacts. Also remember to book your next stay with us when in this part of the world.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nairobi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had last minutes plans to take my fiancé and a couple of friends( 20) out tonight 8/11/2013) I had been to most of the hotels in town and wanted something nice and new. I found out about about the ciroq lounge at best western online. it came with high recommendations. I have never been there before and did not want to have surprises in the evening leading my guests to an unknown place.so I went there at 9am to ask if I could see the lounge and to familiarize myself with the environment.
At the counter was Lazarus. I explained to him what I needed and how the day was special to me and my fiancé but he told me I could not see the lounge because it was dirty. I said I didn't mind the dirt but he told me to go come back at ten. I told him I would be reporting for duty and had driven all the way just to come see the place but he would hear none of it. He was very combative and lacked customer care. His body language , tone of voice and demeanour all told me he was not interested in my business. at one point I asked him if I could speak to the manager maybe he could authorise my seeing the place despite it being dirty to which he said "I am the manager!!! and it is people like you who go to the internet to write how dirty our hotel is". he then pointed out to a guy and told me this is the guy cleaning that place go come back at ten. Involving the cleaning personnel was absolutely unnecessary.
As I was leaving the hotel security whom I believe must be from another company noticed my distress and after mentioning to them how shocked I was they asked if I minded talking to the sales manager but at this point best western could not sell anything to me.
I left with the feeling that he is not only the manager but the owner or co-owner of the hotel. It takes a lot of arrogance to treat a customer the way he treated me. I felt so worthless and still are in shock. I have stayed in over 50 hotels in five different continents but never once have I written a review on any hotel but thanks to Lazarus referring to 'people like me' here I am writing one
I have made a call to the hotel and spoke to a different manager and still await for their response. I have left them with my contacts

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your displeasure with the way you were treated by one of our members of staff.
The management would like to apologise for this. As discussed on phone and also through emails we request that you visit us again and get in touch with the management. The member of staff mentioned sent you a written apology letter and we are happy that you accepetd his apology.

Corrective measures have been taken and no repeat of such manner is expected to recur.

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was going to let this go but its been on my mind all week.So Saturday 3 November 2013 was my boyfriends birthday and a friend recommended that I take my boyfriend for dinner at the Best Western roof top .
So we got there and all was well but this lady waitress and her manager left me feeling like we were so worthless.
Our orders came like 30 minutes later my please for her to bring us our drinks first if the food was taking so long fell on deaf ears she continued serving all the white people who some of which even came after us and she kept running around while we waited cold and hungry .Finally when she brought our food she dint give us hot towels or even show us where we could wash our hands so we waited and waited and when I saw her still running around serving the white people reminded her again and you wont believe it she still dint bring us the towels.In fact she unbelievably rolled her eyes at us.
The manager had to bring us some very wet towels much much later.I wondered why she was stomaching such a rude waitress.we had ordered for wraps which would have been best eaten with our hands.It started raining abit and since its an open area they have this tent covers which no one bothered to pull our way.Our bill took her almost one hour to bring and since she was not serving us drinks that we had requested for we had opted to go.Could this be a case of a 5star hotel with 1 star treatment? The manager if at all this one cares can reach me on jothiomi@yahoo.com

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your online review. We do apologise for the poor service you experienced at our new roof top lounge. This is certainly way below our standard and has been adequately addressed.

We have improved the experience at this lounge. Please feel free to visit again to witness for yourself.
Thank you once more and please accept our sincere apologies.

vacoas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Spent four days at BWPN hotel. Not bad, I would say. Located far from the madding crowd and access by taxi was easy.Reception was good, though not extraordinary. Service was fine and the rooms clean,with tv and internet in working condition. Breakfast was ok, with a large variety of fruits and juice and cereals.Dinner too was nice,with provisions for those on dietary or religious meals. However, not everything was rosy: You have to early for breakfast or have to wait for a seat as the place soon becomes crowded. Also,connection with the outside world is poor, if not non existent. I had to wait for three hours having the hotel line connected. Again, if you have to do shopping for your family, forget it or take a taxi to to downtown. Otherwise, not bad.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about your stay with us. We take all our guest comments seriously and do all within our power to make amends where necessary.
Our restaurant extends into a terrace which is very popular when the weather is good.
When you stayed with us it was during the rainy and chilly season and so all guest had to stay in the indoor restaurant during breakfast.

The internet and telephone connections are very good and that has made us a favorite of businessmen coming into town. We have secure back up for internet and complaints have been minimal. The telephone system had a nationwide problem but this was sorted out fast.

We also have the Yaya as well as the Hurligham shopping centres which provide good shopping options unless on really has to go into town. These two shopping centres are within walking distance from the hotel.

Please stay with us in your next visit to Nairobi and feel free to meet the management.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Travel through Nairobi at least once a month and have tried more than 10 hotels, both airport - and city hotels. The Best Western NBO is a welcome addition; well located not to suffer too much from the horrific traffic jams of Nairobi, and not too far from the airport. Great 'lean and mean' hotel style, not too big and impersonal, modern and still rather cosy. Expensive in international terms, but value for money in Nairobi terms. Comfortable rooms, well equipped and great views. Great rooftop terrace with a small pool. Good security, safe perimeter and friendly efficient service in general. Breakfast good, both inside and outside on the terrace. Only minor issue was the shower: irregular in power and temperature. Will definitely be back.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you staying with us in your recent visit to Nairobi. We are certainly delighted you enjoyed your stay and posted your review online.
The shower issue that you have raised has been addressed and we are sure you will enjoy better your next stay with us.

Edmonds, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I spent six days family vacation days at the Best Western Premier Nairobi. The overall experience and service were outstanding. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. WIFI worked fine, no problems. It is close to the YaYa Center where I was able to pick up souvenirs to take home. The hotel taxi service was very convenient and I was able to get downtown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and confirming online that all was well.
Please stay with us again in your next visit to Nairobi.

Warm regards,

Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Spent a week here whilst on business in Nairobi. Great location for my work at Riverside and other central Nairobi locations. Relatively new hotel with spacious rooms, friendly and very efficient staff and great facilities. Two restaurants - one on top floor alongside pool with panoramic views across Nairobi.Used the hotel taxi service twice which was very handy. Will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SamsonA184, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and went further to post your experience online.
Please stay with us again when in Nairobi.

Management

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi? Share your experiences!