“Excellent conference venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Argwings Kodhek Road | Hurlingham, Nairobi 1939-00606, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #22 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Stockholm
“Excellent conference venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was looking for a venue for 60 people in Nairobi for a meeting and a colleague recommended the Best Western Nairobi. The hotel was excellent, and provided the perfect venue for us for the week. A big thank you to all the staff for their excellent service

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful welcome!!!!-Happened to be looking for a place to spend the night, didn't know this hotel had opened. Made a call, got the loveliest and most welcoming response from Leah at the reception, having made a call to another hotel, with less than appropriate assistance, picked the Best Western without a second thought.
Quick check in- this was handled with a smile, and though Leah was about to leave from her shift, she made a call to ensure I had settled in well.(even made me extend from my initial one night) A plus for them. The housekeeping staff, very friendly. Dominic at the concierge's also quite helpful.
The room has nice warm deco. Thought the shower is small, the facility is presentable and has the necessary little assorted toiletries.
the company photos are definitely not photoshopped.
Was looking forward to a swim and relaxing at the terrace lounge but they are not operational yet, but hope to pay a visit again soon when they are up and fully operational. The gym is well equipped and fully operational.
Pablo's restaurant has a simple but elegant ambience, had dinner on my first night and was pleasantly surprised, with great starters mango mint rolls and Malaysia chicken skewers, to the main dishes. Quite impressive. The breakfast is pretty standard, freshly prepared even in its buffet setting can clearly see refills coming from the kitchen. The juices are fresh but might have to hold on the added sugar please. I like that they had a cheese board too.
The serving staff can improve on their etiquette, some very warm and friendly, others.........well, maybe they were just having a bad day.
Check out procedure though appearing to be pretty simple took some time, but the warm staff including Christine and Bernard didn't make it seem as painful, waiting.
I believe the management must be working hard at completing the construction etc, and sure it will look very presentable when done, but for now the exit gate may be a put off, and the lack of the level eight lounge, and pool bar,may disappoint travelers coming over to enjoy the facilities.
Noticed a manager or two pay compliments to some diners, nice to see that.
I would recommend the Best Western and I would return for a second visit. With their name, convenient location, and very agreeable rates, they will definitely do well as a place to stay in Nairobi.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friend and I spent three nights on this new hotel and I really apreciated everything.
Concerning the receptionist Mrs. Leah I have to say that is the one that felt me at home!
Very good hotel.Nice and professional staff.
Not far from the best things in Nairobi. Quiet and clean rooms.
I hope to come back very soon.
I really recomend to go there.
Many thanks to everybody.
Antonio

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in May, before and after a safari. The hotel is still new and perhaps rather undiscovered hence the lower prices. High standard of accommodation and food in the lobby restaurant was good. Excellent, friendly staff, great with kids. I suspect the prices will gradually increase to match similar standard Nairobi hotels as the hotel matures. Only complaint was that the pool on the roof terrace was not open and nobody told us this until we checked in. The roof terrace has great views and will be excellent when completed but the bar/restaurant up there is also not yet open.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was booked into the Best Western Premier Nairobi as part of a business trip and ended up staying seven great nights. Upon booking my employer noted that the hotel is brand new, which I looked forward to (as most hotels in Nairobi are definitely not!).

Upon check-in, Leah was very friendly and welcoming - I felt more like a returning friend than a new one. The hotel's GM also came over to introduce himself and handed me his business card, which I thought was a brilliant touch. The lobby is very modern and spacious (with a resident iPad indicating the week's weather), as well as a lounge area, business centre and small curio shop as well. Check-in was swift and effortless. Felix, the night-GM (I believe), was also wonderful.

My standard room on the second floor was modern and tastefully decorated with floor-to-ceiling drapes and thick (fresh!) carpet. I appreciated that they checked me into a room which was away from the lift lobby on the floor as not to be disturbed by the movement of the lift at night. (Whether that is a problem for those rooms anyway, I cannot say, as the hallways are carpeted to enhance noise absorption. I liked the fact that the lights in the hallway only light up when they detect motion - very modern and no doubt saves them a packet on their electricity bill!) The rooms on the north side of the hotel (facing away from Argwings Kodhek road) do not have the greatest view (it looks like the rest of the property is still to be developed, but at the moment its just empty space with what looks like building rubble in small heaps around). However, if you are on the more upper floors I'm sure you will be fine, as the view over the city is AMAZING.

The television channels are fine, but I don't recall seeing a dedicated BBC / CNN. One morning I noted that half my television channels had disappeared. I reported it upon leaving for the day and it was reset upon my return after work.

The bathroom is compact but perfectly fine, with modern finishes thorughout and the expected complimentary toiletries. I asked for a sewing kit one night and they immediately sent someone up with two kits. The only drawback that I can think of in respect of the bathroom is that the water pressure was a bit low when compared to the large size of the walk-in shower. I had to adjust the nozzle on the most forceful setting in order for the nozzle to build up enought pressure to get a decent shower.

The four bottles of complimentary mineral water per day is great.

There is ample closet space, with extra pillows in the cupboard (not that you would need it, because the pillows are amazing and luxurious!). The only strange thing which may not have been thought through completely is that there is no air vent in the cupboard where the mini-bar is in. Consequently, when I opened the cupboard for the first time, the entire contents of the mini-bar (and the mini-bar itself) was VERY hot, as the hot air could not escape. I did notify reception about this, but I don't think anything was done about it. I fixed it temporarily by just wedging a teaspoon between the shelf itself and the cupboard door, which kept the door ajar slightly in order to the air to circulate. This sorted it.

The hotel's location is great - only a few hundred metres' walk to the Yaya Centre, a local shopping centre with everything you need. It's position in Hurlingham may pose a problem traffic-wise if you want to get to the CBD, but if you take the back roads around State House you should be ok (I am, however, still getting used to the fact that a 5 km trip to work can easily take 45 minutes, but I guess that endemic to the greater Nairobi and not the hotel's fault!).

I found the restaurant service to be mixed. Although the staff were always very friendly (remembering me even after the first time I visited), the efficiency of the service was not always up to scratch. They are probably still settling into their roles. I must say, however, that the chef was very friendly and came to my table to introduce himself the first night at dinner and greeted me every time subsequently. One morning, however, I arrived at breakfast at 06:30 (advertised time when breakfast commences) and only the yoghurts were out, staff were still running around getting things out. The array of breakfast dishes is also not that vast, with, for example, no fresh tomato put out, I asked for some every morning, which they happily provided. The standard egg option is also hard-boiled, but I was always offered any other fresh option as well, made to order. The smoked salmon is amazing, really got my money's worth there :)

The menu is international. The butter chicken curry stood out as amazing. Leave the tiramisu, however.

The gym is great (everthing is still so new!), but unfortunately the rooftop pool was not working (there was a leak which was being fixed). The rooftop bar is also still under construction, so just be aware of this when booking. I'm sure that once it's operational though, it will be one of the highlights of one's stay.

Thus, all in all, a great find, with a few small niggles, which I am sure management will sort out. Incredibly friendly staff and wonderful espresso shakes! Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Request a top floor for better views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Recently opened, and, as of mid May 2013, not entirely finished: the rooftop pool and bar were not operational, though the gym was open. The room was modern, clean and comfortable, if fairly nondescript, and the breakfast was good. Wifi was free and relatively fast. The eager staff were very helpful. One minor annoyance is that the hotel asked us to settle our bill upon arrival, but then on check-out we were asked to pay the taxes.

The hotel is well located, within walking distance of the Yaya shopping centre and some bars and restaurants in Hurlingham. In heavy traffic, it can take over twenty minutes to get to Westlands or the CBD.

The introductory rate of USD 150 including taxes, even without the pool, seems very good value for Nairobi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Found this hotel by chance as it wasn't opened officially yet. Glad I did find this Best Western in Upper Hill, Nairobi. It's location is convenient traveling from and to the airport, took me just 30 minutes in the evening peak traffic. Because its slightly further away from the city centre, it may add an extra 5 minutes to that trip.
The hotel itself is modern and although not huge giving a nice spacious feel; decor is just right and attractive.
Check-in was efficient and Maureen a lady with the nicest smile in Nairobi, very helpful as well. My room on the fourth floor very inviting and spacious, a great bed and a well appointed bathroom, shower room rather.
The Pablo restaurant just off the lobby has a nice modern feel, serves a great breakfast and also has nice selection of easy dishes. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they seem to enjoy working at this hotel.
My all in all experience was excellent, good value for money; I hope to return often.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SamsonA184, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Janaalt M,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at the our Hotel.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Kind Regards

Samson Anyumba
Rooms Division Manager
samson.anyumba@bestwestern.co.ke

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi? Share your experiences!