Huge spotless rooms with a fridge and, if you need it, good A/C, some with lovely big balconies. Staff are obliging and the laundry is one of the best I've ever encountered quick, not excessively pricy and the clothes are well washed (without excessive bleach) and ironed. Wifi is fast and easy to get on to most of the time and the area has several restaurants and bars to suit various tastes (Thai, Kenyan Indian, 5* European, Italian, KFC, Pizza etc etc. Also a good Naivas supermarket if, like me you don't want to eat out all the time.
The major let downs were:
1. In the interesting restaurant - if only they could do a decent breakfast I'd give them a tip top write-up. The attempt to save a couple of bucks on catering costs is counter productive. The very pleasant owner should bring in a consultant executive chef to get things sorted. Almost there but not quite; and
2. The lack of hot water in the wash basins - surely that isn't such a huge saving - I hate wet shaving in cold water!!
I'm going to go back as my company books me this place but I'll be looking for somewhere better nearby if I can find it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Emerald is a business class hotel located in the Westlands suburb of Nairobi. With 59 individually designed rooms, the Hotel Emerald offers comfort in a convenient location. Steps away from major shopping and entertainment hubs, the hotel is the ideal place for your next stay. The hotel also offers conference and meeting space for any special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your The Hotel Emerald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.