“Dinner with the girls” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Naked Pizza

Naked Pizza
Westlands: Fedha Plaza 16 Mpaka Road | Mombasa Road: Parkside Towers (Airtel / Tile & Carpet), Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 707 111888
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Nairobi
“Dinner with the girls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is the 3rd time I am eating Naked Pizza's food in less than 6 months. The taste and quality is unbelievable. It is healthier and far better than any other pizza in Nairobi and today I ordered for delivery and if was in my home in less than 40 minutes.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear jokels,

Thanks for ordering from us again and taking the time to review your experience.

I'm glad to hear that your think our taste and quality is "unbelievable" - and couldn't agree more! :-)

We are glad that you got your pizza in under 40 minutes, although we do endeavour to get it to you in 35 minutes or less every time. We'll do our best to do that next time, and we look forward to getting you and your girls Naked* again soon! ;-)

(*Pizza)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Real pizza vs Naked Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Naked Pizza is healthy, hormone-free, and a health conscious person's wet dream come true. However, it is not real pizza in any sense. Coming from Chicago and NYC - two of the greatest cities where pizza is a tradition, an institution, and taken very seriously - I find it hard to eat even a small slice of Naked Pizza. Naked Pizza is a chain from the US, but I do not know of a single person that eats at Naked Pizza in the US. That is because it is not real pizza...it is some "healthy" stuff scattered on a cardboard-like dough.

I don't care if it is high in calories, give me some real pizza. This is nothing like eating a delicious NYC-style or Chicago deep dish pizza.

If you are one of those health obsessed people, order Naked Pizza by all means. You will most likely enjoy it. I am health conscious, but not to the point of sacrificing taste.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear The_Nomadic_Doctor,

Thank you for taking the time to give Naked Pizza a try and sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I am sorry that our pizza didn't meet your expectations; you are right - we are focused on providing an all-natural pizza, without weird chemicals added, delivered hot & fresh in about 35 minutes.

We believe that our base - made from a diversity of ten different oats & grains - is not only better for you, but actually tastes better because of these ingredients. We do understand that some people prefer deep pan pizzas from Chicago, or the great slices to be had in NYC - but a base made from a single grain that's been heavily processed just isn't what we do.

While we appreciate that Naked Pizza can't be all things to all people, we agree with your comment that "You will most likely enjoy it" - as most of our guests have since we have been open.

Thanks again for your comments, and other places worth trying in Nairobi for pizza would be Mediterraneo (Westlands or Gigiri), Osteria (Hurlingham or Village Market) or Mambo Italia (Galleria Mall, Langata).

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Awesome Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family and I been there three times and despite thier pizza being a little bit more expensive than other pizza joints, it's thin whole wheat crust with all the goodness in toppings. Very healthy, very tasty and very fast. Service is good. The downside is that it does not seem to have been designed for an eat-in experience so we rather take away although they do have some seating both inside and out. Also they don't take credit cards so you have to get cash before you go there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Mschana M,

Thank you for visiitng us three times and taking the time to review Naked Pizza.

We're glad that you find our pizzas "Very healthy, very tasty and very fast" - we do try and please.

You're right - our store was originally designed mainly for delivery and take-away, but we are shortly going to be making some changes to make it an even more pleasant experience for the guests who choose to dine-in with us.

Also, we have been accepting credit cards since the beginning of September; I am sorry if this was not offered to you when you last came into the store, and will look into why that might have been the case.

If there is anything that me or my team can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us on igotnaked@nakedpizza.co.ke.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we look forward to getting you Naked* again soon.

(*Pizza)
Tucson, Arizona
“Fad restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I don't get it. The pizza is okay but nothing special and is probably the most expensive place to get pizza in Nairobi. This is a popular chain in the US and I like their emphasis on multi-grain, probiotic, hormone-free and antibiotic-free meats. And I'm a big fan of restaurants that emphasize whole, healthy foods. But usually that emphasis results in food that just tastes better. I've tried this place twice. Meh!

Visited August 2013
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear myard,

Thank you for taking the time to visit us twice and share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I am sorry to hear that the experience didn't meet your expectations. The prices of our "favourite" pizzas are exactly the same as one of our competitors and only marginally higher than the other. We are also priced lower than all the traditional Italian restaurants, who do a wonderful job in serving high-end wood-fired pizzas.

The only way that our pizzas would be more expensive than anyone else is if you made your own - and added the maximum number of toppings. While this is sometimes expensive, we are the only outlet in town offering that as an option.

As for the ingredients, our Ancestral Blend base is made from the same pre-mix and in the same proportions as that found in all of our other stores - both in the US and in Dubai. Our vegetables are delivered fresh daily, while our cheese comes from Brown's, Kenya's only artisanal dairy.

I would be more than happy to personally look into both your orders to see if something may have gone wrong with your pizzas. If you would be kind enough to send me the dates of the order and the name given, the phone number used, or the order number, I will be able to track it down and look into it.

Thanks again for your feedback - it help us improve our product and service - and hopefully we will have a chance to make it right.

Ritesh

Juba, Sudan
“Just good "hippie" pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Naked Pizza is very good and really addresses a niche market. The crust is partially wheat and the toppings are so fresh. The delivery was quick and special orders are very well managed.

Visited August 2013
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear ANH_987,

Thanks for giving us a try and we're glad that you enjoyed the pizza.

You're right - our crust is partially wheat - two types of wheat actually - as well as brown rice, oats, amaranth, buck wheat, spelt, quinoa, teff & tapioca.

While we're happy to be called a "hippie" pizza, what we are really trying to do is deliver great tasting pizza with amazing service in Nairobi!

Thanks again for trying us out, and we look forward to getting you Naked* again soon!

All the best,