“Awesome Pizza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Naked Pizza

Naked Pizza
Westlands: Fedha Plaza 16 Mpaka Road | Mombasa Road: Parkside Towers (Airtel / Tile & Carpet), Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 707 111888
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Awesome Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family and I been there three times and despite thier pizza being a little bit more expensive than other pizza joints, it's thin whole wheat crust with all the goodness in toppings. Very healthy, very tasty and very fast. Service is good. The downside is that it does not seem to have been designed for an eat-in experience so we rather take away although they do have some seating both inside and out. Also they don't take credit cards so you have to get cash before you go there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Mschana M,

Thank you for visiitng us three times and taking the time to review Naked Pizza.

We're glad that you find our pizzas "Very healthy, very tasty and very fast" - we do try and please.

You're right - our store was originally designed mainly for delivery and take-away, but we are shortly going to be making some changes to make it an even more pleasant experience for the guests who choose to dine-in with us.

Also, we have been accepting credit cards since the beginning of September; I am sorry if this was not offered to you when you last came into the store, and will look into why that might have been the case.

If there is anything that me or my team can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us on igotnaked@nakedpizza.co.ke.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we look forward to getting you Naked* again soon.

(*Pizza)

Tucson, Arizona
“Fad restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I don't get it. The pizza is okay but nothing special and is probably the most expensive place to get pizza in Nairobi. This is a popular chain in the US and I like their emphasis on multi-grain, probiotic, hormone-free and antibiotic-free meats. And I'm a big fan of restaurants that emphasize whole, healthy foods. But usually that emphasis results in food that just tastes better. I've tried this place twice. Meh!

Visited August 2013
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear myard,

Thank you for taking the time to visit us twice and share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I am sorry to hear that the experience didn't meet your expectations. The prices of our "favourite" pizzas are exactly the same as one of our competitors and only marginally higher than the other. We are also priced lower than all the traditional Italian restaurants, who do a wonderful job in serving high-end wood-fired pizzas.

The only way that our pizzas would be more expensive than anyone else is if you made your own - and added the maximum number of toppings. While this is sometimes expensive, we are the only outlet in town offering that as an option.

As for the ingredients, our Ancestral Blend base is made from the same pre-mix and in the same proportions as that found in all of our other stores - both in the US and in Dubai. Our vegetables are delivered fresh daily, while our cheese comes from Brown's, Kenya's only artisanal dairy.

I would be more than happy to personally look into both your orders to see if something may have gone wrong with your pizzas. If you would be kind enough to send me the dates of the order and the name given, the phone number used, or the order number, I will be able to track it down and look into it.

Thanks again for your feedback - it help us improve our product and service - and hopefully we will have a chance to make it right.

Ritesh

Juba, Sudan
“Just good "hippie" pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Naked Pizza is very good and really addresses a niche market. The crust is partially wheat and the toppings are so fresh. The delivery was quick and special orders are very well managed.

Visited August 2013
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear ANH_987,

Thanks for giving us a try and we're glad that you enjoyed the pizza.

You're right - our crust is partially wheat - two types of wheat actually - as well as brown rice, oats, amaranth, buck wheat, spelt, quinoa, teff & tapioca.

While we're happy to be called a "hippie" pizza, what we are really trying to do is deliver great tasting pizza with amazing service in Nairobi!

Thanks again for trying us out, and we look forward to getting you Naked* again soon!

Ritesh

Nairobi
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you're looking for a sit down place for pizza, this is not the place (not sure if they plan on expanding though). There are a few better options. However, if you're looking for delivery or takeaway, Naked Pizza is great. The pizza is good (unfortunately not great), but the delivery is amazing and the customer service has improved tremendously. I believe they were having some issues when they first started with taking orders (if you weren't speaking with the owner, you sometimes had issues communicating your order to the rep), but this has changed. Recently ordered Naked Pizza and I thought the reps they had on the phone were great. All in all, a solid place to order from.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear rsidhpura,

Thanks for taking the time to try us out again, and I am pleased to hear that you noticed the improvement in service.

You are absolutely right - our focus is definitely on delivery & take-away, although we do endeavour to provide a pleasant place for people to grab a fast-casual meal. We're going to be adding music soon, and some more tables - so do keep an eye out for that.

I'm also glad to hear that you have seen a marked improvement in our Tribe (team); we continue to invest in training our staff, so it's good to get feedback such as yours and share it with the Tribe! :-)

We look forward to getting you Naked* again, and hope that you continue sharing your feedback and experiences with us.

nairobi
“Superb Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have tried a range of pizzas (Farmvil, Ragin Cagin, Omnivore, Soronos, Meditarranean & Macrobiotic), though i did not find Soronos & Macrobiotic to suit my palate as much, you tell me, what pizza place can you split two different pizza toppings in one (i.e. Farmvil & Omnivore) and really like FOUR of them?

I always mix and match and find the service really unique & refreshing whereby they actually called me to ask how my pizzas were? That surpassed any fast food joint in UK and boasts a delivery time of 15-20 mins to my place!

Naked Pizza, we hope you are here to stay and we will continue to promote you are you have cared for us!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear zahid m,

Thanks for taking the time to try all of our pizzas, and your feedback on all of them! Sorry that the macrobiotic and sonoran didn't do it for you, but we are glad you like the other six! :-) We have a surprise one that we will be launching soon - promise to keep you posted! :-)

The half & half is something that we like to do for our customers so they can try all of our great pizzas.

We take the customer experience seriously, and always like to hear first hand what you really think - so we will definitely keep calling as you keep ordering! :-)

We're definitely here to stay - and are in fact looking to grow! :-)

Thanks again, and we appreciate the support and continued business.