“Fad restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Naked Pizza

Naked Pizza
Westlands: Fedha Plaza 16 Mpaka Road | Mombasa Road: Parkside Towers (Airtel / Tile & Carpet), Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 707 111888
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Tucson, Arizona
“Fad restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I don't get it. The pizza is okay but nothing special and is probably the most expensive place to get pizza in Nairobi. This is a popular chain in the US and I like their emphasis on multi-grain, probiotic, hormone-free and antibiotic-free meats. And I'm a big fan of restaurants that emphasize whole, healthy foods. But usually that emphasis results in food that just tastes better. I've tried this place twice. Meh!

Visited August 2013
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear myard,

Thank you for taking the time to visit us twice and share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I am sorry to hear that the experience didn't meet your expectations. The prices of our "favourite" pizzas are exactly the same as one of our competitors and only marginally higher than the other. We are also priced lower than all the traditional Italian restaurants, who do a wonderful job in serving high-end wood-fired pizzas.

The only way that our pizzas would be more expensive than anyone else is if you made your own - and added the maximum number of toppings. While this is sometimes expensive, we are the only outlet in town offering that as an option.

As for the ingredients, our Ancestral Blend base is made from the same pre-mix and in the same proportions as that found in all of our other stores - both in the US and in Dubai. Our vegetables are delivered fresh daily, while our cheese comes from Brown's, Kenya's only artisanal dairy.

I would be more than happy to personally look into both your orders to see if something may have gone wrong with your pizzas. If you would be kind enough to send me the dates of the order and the name given, the phone number used, or the order number, I will be able to track it down and look into it.

Thanks again for your feedback - it help us improve our product and service - and hopefully we will have a chance to make it right.

Ritesh

Juba, Sudan
“Just good "hippie" pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Naked Pizza is very good and really addresses a niche market. The crust is partially wheat and the toppings are so fresh. The delivery was quick and special orders are very well managed.

Visited August 2013
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear ANH_987,

Thanks for giving us a try and we're glad that you enjoyed the pizza.

You're right - our crust is partially wheat - two types of wheat actually - as well as brown rice, oats, amaranth, buck wheat, spelt, quinoa, teff & tapioca.

While we're happy to be called a "hippie" pizza, what we are really trying to do is deliver great tasting pizza with amazing service in Nairobi!

Thanks again for trying us out, and we look forward to getting you Naked* again soon!

Ritesh

Nairobi
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you're looking for a sit down place for pizza, this is not the place (not sure if they plan on expanding though). There are a few better options. However, if you're looking for delivery or takeaway, Naked Pizza is great. The pizza is good (unfortunately not great), but the delivery is amazing and the customer service has improved tremendously. I believe they were having some issues when they first started with taking orders (if you weren't speaking with the owner, you sometimes had issues communicating your order to the rep), but this has changed. Recently ordered Naked Pizza and I thought the reps they had on the phone were great. All in all, a solid place to order from.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear rsidhpura,

Thanks for taking the time to try us out again, and I am pleased to hear that you noticed the improvement in service.

You are absolutely right - our focus is definitely on delivery & take-away, although we do endeavour to provide a pleasant place for people to grab a fast-casual meal. We're going to be adding music soon, and some more tables - so do keep an eye out for that.

I'm also glad to hear that you have seen a marked improvement in our Tribe (team); we continue to invest in training our staff, so it's good to get feedback such as yours and share it with the Tribe! :-)

We look forward to getting you Naked* again, and hope that you continue sharing your feedback and experiences with us.

nairobi
“Superb Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have tried a range of pizzas (Farmvil, Ragin Cagin, Omnivore, Soronos, Meditarranean & Macrobiotic), though i did not find Soronos & Macrobiotic to suit my palate as much, you tell me, what pizza place can you split two different pizza toppings in one (i.e. Farmvil & Omnivore) and really like FOUR of them?

I always mix and match and find the service really unique & refreshing whereby they actually called me to ask how my pizzas were? That surpassed any fast food joint in UK and boasts a delivery time of 15-20 mins to my place!

Naked Pizza, we hope you are here to stay and we will continue to promote you are you have cared for us!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear zahid m,

Thanks for taking the time to try all of our pizzas, and your feedback on all of them! Sorry that the macrobiotic and sonoran didn't do it for you, but we are glad you like the other six! :-) We have a surprise one that we will be launching soon - promise to keep you posted! :-)

The half & half is something that we like to do for our customers so they can try all of our great pizzas.

We take the customer experience seriously, and always like to hear first hand what you really think - so we will definitely keep calling as you keep ordering! :-)

We're definitely here to stay - and are in fact looking to grow! :-)

Thanks again, and we appreciate the support and continued business.

Nairobi, Kenya
“Super freindly staff... needs more flavour though !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Love the effort, needs a lil more flavour.. feels a tad plastic... aroma's and that addictuve taste on fresher ingredients could be improved. We know you can do even better !!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Naked P, Owner at Naked Pizza, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi mekenya,

Thank youfor taking the time to write a review and share your experience with us and the Trip Advisor community.

I'm sorry that you felt that the pizzas needed a little more flavour and felt a bit plastic; we really do endeavour to have wholesome, great tasting and better for your pizzas made with only the best ingredients, so I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our flavours are sometimes different because we don't add any sugar (and only a touch of salt) to our crust or sauce, which many people have been used to in this market.

In any case, if you would be kind enough to let me know what you ordered, and are okay to send your name & phone number to help@nakedpizza.co.ke, I will personally look into it and come back to you to try and figure out what went wrong.

As for our ingredients, our vegetables are all locally sourced and we receive a delivery daily; our mozarella and feta cheeses are exclusively from Brown's in Limuru, Kenya's only artisanal cheese-maker, and has no added oils. Our dough is hand pressed / rolled only after we receive an order, and we make our tomato sauce daily.

I look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully you will give us another try at your convenience. In the mean time, if there is anything that I or my management team can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on ritesh@nakedpizza.co.ke.