“Awesome BBQ and real value for money!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Awesome BBQ and real value for money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Got tired of hearing about them on the radio so decided to pay them a visit. I was pleasantly surprised, the BBQ is just great, the decor makes it look like the Lal Qila (Red fort), service is ok not too bad. The main course is also good and the desserts are too many to choose from. I absolutely loved the spread of the buffet, it's real value for money in a city like Nairobi.

• Visited July 2013

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Best food on trip to kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I must say that this is the best live BBQ buffet I've had in a long time. Real value for money, a huge variety in the buffet. The desserts were also very traditional pakistani, coming from pakistan I must say haven't had better outside of pakistan.

• Visited June 2013
Zohaib M, Owner at Lal Qila, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Shobi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor. We're glad that you enjoyed the experience.

Its extremely pleasant to heat that this is the best live BBQ you have had in a long time. We like to get the BBQ out hot and fresh, hence the live BBQ service.

I am even more happy to hear that you really enjoyed the desserts.

We look forward to seeing you again soon :D

Thanks,

Nairobi
“atrocious service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My son and I went there for dinner today. At 6.15 pm the waiter told us the buffet was all ready, food was just being laid out. We opted to come back later and said we would return in 10 minutes. Half an hour later, the manager said the buffet would be ready in about 15 minutes. When I protested, there was no apology, no interest in making things right. We walked out - I suggest you never walk in.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zohaib M, Owner at Lal Qila, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi Nairobi Khan,

I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our restaurant. I absolutely understand your frustration. Our opening hours are clearly stated at the entrance of the restaurant. We open for Ala-carte lunch between, 12-3pm and Buffet dinner between 7pm- Till Late.

As you have said you came in at 6.15pm and the buffet was not ready, you came back at 6.45pm and buffet was still not ready the manager asked you for 15 mins which meant 7pm, exactly our opening time for the buffet. i understand there might have been a miscommunication with the waiter and I am very sorry about that.

I kindly request you to give us another chance, and I promise for much better service this time round.

Warm Regards,

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Best buffet option in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I personally love this restaurant because I like to eat, a lot, and so for me Lal qila's got the best buffet in town because it's reasonably priced giving you full value for money for all you can eat. It's got a massive variety in terms of food and it's also got its own traditional ambiance going for it, its got its own class, great atmosphere to be dining in. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Zohaib M, Owner at Lal Qila, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi Billy,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about us. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Carnivores Rejoice (and Veg Eaters, Don't Worry)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you like meat, go over to the grill and just ask what they have... then watch as they pile your plate full of juicy, perfectly cooked meat such as lamb chops (my favorite), fish and various kebabs of chicken and mutton. Not a fan of meat? The palak paneer, though not as thick as many Indian restaurants, is very good. I went with my wife and two of our friends and we all loved it. One other thing to try is the lassi. Traditionally it is salty, but you can order it sweet. Personally I like sweet with just a pinch of salt. For the money - the buffet is only 1150Ksh (about 13USD) - this is hard to beat in Nairobi.

• Visited January 2013
Zohaib M, Owner at Lal Qila, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Paul M, thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your thoughts. Its wonderful to hear that you had a good experience and we plan to continue to impress you!

Thanks,