“Good place to stay in Kenya” 4 of 5 stars

Gem Suites
State House Crescent | off State House Avenue, Nairobi 00621, Kenya   |
Ranked #29 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Bangalore
“Good place to stay in Kenya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed here for 3 months, I liked service by cook, hospitable receptionist and with helpful handymen. I stayed in Emerald 10 room, with good view.
Good security around the premises.
Pool is always clean. Gym is well setup with encouraging instructor.
Joe is been helpful during my stay. Steam and sauna both worked good.
Thnx for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Alexandria, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is a great place to stay for longer periods. I love the option of self-catering (with a fully equipped kitchen) or going to the restaurant downstairs (which has really excellent food). I like the atmosphere, as some of the guests do stay long-term, so there seems to be a bit more of a community here. The service in both the restaurant and the front desk was fantastic. There were two negatives--one, not many cab drivers know about it, so it was a bit difficult to get there from the airport (transport arranged from the hotel did not arrive); two, the internet can be poor in the rooms (although colleagues have stayed in other rooms here with great internet, it wasn't the case in my room).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The apartments are run meticulously by a team of a professional management and friendly and courteous staff. While the apartments are fully fitted with a kitchen that has everything one would need it is a bonus to have a wonderful restaurant that offer room service within the apartment complex. Quiet, secure and spacious environment in a very convenient location just 10 minutes drive from the CBD. Really ideal for a long stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Valentina K, Manager at Gem Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Idy,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on your stay with us at Gem Suites.
We are very pleased you enjoyed our facilities, and we really appreciate your "terrific" comments regarding our management and staff members.
The Gem Suites team is looking forward to having the pleasure of hosting you once more on your next trip to Nairobi.
With Best Regards,
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Being a consultant who travels a fair amount within Africa, I am used to staying in hotels that have a very similar look and feel in terms of their operations and set up. I was pleasantly surprised when I was booked into Gem Suites. I stayed in a one bedroom serviced and furnished apartment for a week and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The apartments are run meticulously by a team of friendly and courteous staff who go the extra mile to not just make you feel welcome but to make you genuinely feel at home. While the apartments are fully fitted with a kitchen that has everything one would need it was a bonus to have a wonderful restaurant that offered room service within the apartment complex. On evenings where I was not sitting down at the restaurant patio enjoying a sun downer, I could use the fully fitted gym which is always manned by a personal trainer and had a steam and sauna. All in all a great place to stay on short or long term trips in a very convenient location just 10 minutes drive from the CBD.

Room Tip: Apartments on the higher floors offer great views of the surrounding areas.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Valentina K, Manager at Gem Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Christian,
Thank you for your wonderful review on your stay with us at Gem Suites.
We really appreciate your great feedback about our staff, as well as the apartments and the restaurant.
The Gem Suites team is looking forward to hosting you again soon on your next trip to Nairobi.
With Kind Regards,
Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have had a very goid experience in regards to the way the staff treated me.They will always willing to asisst in requests and make a plan. The food was good at the restaurant and good value for money. Once again the restaurant staff treated you in a good manner. The only issue was that you have to wait for a while and it would bbe good to start of with a couple of drinks umtil the food arrives.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Francois,
Thank you very much for your review from your stay with us at Gem Suites. Our team really enjoyed hosting you.
We really appreciate your feedback, and we do apologize for the speed of delivery not being up to your expectations at our Restaurant. We promise to improve your experience by the next time you visit us.
With Kind Regards,
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at Gem Suites twice in two months for a total duration of 28 days. Quiet, secure and spacious environment with hospitable staff. I liked the health club facilities, very well, maintained. The breakfast was superb. The food and drinks at the restaurant are quite expensive though, but the location near the city is conducive to pick a meal from town or buy a few items to prepare own meal in the apartment.

Room Tip: Rooms Topaz (Upper side) are quieter from the music/noise from the Spa (Gym) and Bar/Restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Valentina K, Manager at Gem Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Antoine,
We would like to thank you for your feedback and are glad you enjoyed both your stays with us at Gem Suites.
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hospitable staff, and our superb breakfast.
We look forward to hosting you again at Gem Suites on your next trip to Nairobi.
With kind regards,
Caracas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My stay at Gem Suites was great as I was there for about 1 and a half months! The Breakfast was excellent, timely and with great variety to choose from.

Gem Suites had everything I needed; A big, fully furnished, spacious apartment that has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest washroom, kitchen, lounge and dining room that overlooked the big pool.

Was there with my little boys and they loved swimming in the morning and evening! As they enjoyed that, I could watch them as I was training at the well equipped gym.

The apartment is serviced daily and they have efficient and personalised laundry service and the security provided is of a high standard.

The evenings were my favourite as I got to enjoy my Hendricks at the Bar with great service and lounge music.

The barman makes killer Oriental Cocktails, make a point of asking for one!!!

All in all I had a very comfortable stay at Gem Suites and would Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose the Room with the View of the pool!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Miguel,
Thank you for your great review on your long stay with us at Gem Suites.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, as well as our other facilities and services, and of course our signature Oriental Cocktail!
Thank you again and hoping you will give us the pleasure of hosting you once more at Gem Suites on your next trip to Nairobi.
With kind regards,
Valentina

Been to Gem Suites? Share your experiences!