“Very good :-) :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 331 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: ORO Restaurant and Lounge NairobiDark wood, hints of gold, subtle lighting and a sense of intimacy are your invitation into ORO. Meaning ‘Gold’, ORO is Nairobi’s newest Oasis. Located in the tranquil suburb of State House it offers an escape from the city bustle. Exuding subtle elegance it provides the perfect atmosphere for a convivial catch up or romantic dinner and is ideal for Lunch or an after work drink for those working in the CBD and its environs.
“Very good :-) :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was my friend’s birthday on 25th May so we settled for dinner / drinks at Oro. I contacted them via Facebook for reservations earlier and requested for the food / drinks menu which were emailed for our perusal and the reservation confirmed.

Their garden is beautiful – you can see bits from the pictures ! It’s also located in a relatively quiet neighborhood. You have can sit in the garden or indoor, the décor is subtle but very tasteful. Food was good ! Portions were great as well. A few of the ladies had cocktails which were pretty decent too.

The staff = very attentive, and we were very well looked after, though they seemed to slow down when it was time to pay (Took a wee bit longer that expected to settle the bills)

Oh and we did not have to pay corkage to bring in a birthday cake :-) (Which was a deterrent in almost all other places we looked up ) The staff kept the cake and brought it out after dinner, and helped us sing happy birthday which was pretty cool :-)

We also had a screen to watch the Champions League final. Well..the plan was to wrap up dinner then move on to a sports bar, but no one was moving ! So we ended up watching the game for there !

Great place - will certainly go back !

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valentina K, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We wish to really thank you for appreciating us in such candid way!
And for your peace of mind, and thanks to your comment, we are in the process of acquiring a Point Of Sale System, to ensure faster and easier tracking and settling of bills. We are looking forward to hosting you once again,
(Hope I will be able to greet you in person this time)
Valentina

“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I found this lovely restaurant through Trip Advisor's search engine and had a rather challenging time looking for it. The number given on its page does not go to the restaurant which made it rather frustrating to find. However, when I eventually managed to find my way there I was pleasantly surprised. Tucked in a block of apartment suites along State House Crescent the restaurant is well furnished with a lovely ambience. The decor is simple but classy and tasteful. The menu has something for everyone. I ordered our meal in advance and requested our table to be prepared so that we would be ale to get back to our afternoon meetings by 2 p.m. The staff are pleasant and eager to please. The food was superb! We ordered the pork chops, fillet mignon with mushroom sauce and the chicken wrapped in bacon. Each of us cleared our plates and then shared the tiramisu which was prepared with a twist.
I will definitely come again and tell my friends about it.

Visited July 2013
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you Caroline for your review and mostly for pointing out the wrong phone number. We have rectified the mistake and we look forward to hosting you again. Valentina
Nairobi, Kenya
“Cosy ambience, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We happened to be in the vicinity of this hidden gem and my friend proposed we check it out and have a drink. The place is well done and makes you feel warm and the service is great! The only negative is their parking which is squeezed and a hassle especially if in a hurry! I would recommend it for someone for quiet evening out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We take the parking issue to be positive feedback and we will look into improving our facilities.
Nairobi
“Brilliant service, Great atmosphere, Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My friend and I celebrated her birthday, at this beautiful restaurant. The ambiance was relaxed with outdoor seating, our waiter, very attentive and professional and the food and drinks were to die for. Definitely one of the best culinary experience in Nairobi so far. Highly recommended

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us at ORO. We look foward to providing you, your family and friends with many more wonderful experiences.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

After a dismal meal the previous night at the Intercontinental, I braved the traffic and the rain to eat at the Oro Restaurant. I was not disappointed. The food was great, and the service terrific. I had the sweet pork ribs with rosemary potatoes and seasonl veg. I scraped up every last morsel. I just wish the menu had a few more options... cos I could happily eat here more often

Visited April 2013
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Bill,
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our Chef is currently working on a new menu which we will be launching soon and will be inviting you and your friends to come and try out. We look forward to welcoming you and serving you at the 'Oro Restaurant & Lounge.