“Cosy ambience, great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #161 of 361 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: International, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Reservations
Description: ORO Restaurant and Lounge NairobiDark wood, hints of gold, subtle lighting and a sense of intimacy are your invitation into ORO. Meaning ‘Gold’, ORO is Nairobi’s newest Oasis. Located in the tranquil suburb of State House it offers an escape from the city bustle. Exuding subtle elegance it provides the perfect atmosphere for a convivial catch up or romantic dinner and is ideal for Lunch or an after work drink for those working in the CBD and its environs.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Cosy ambience, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We happened to be in the vicinity of this hidden gem and my friend proposed we check it out and have a drink. The place is well done and makes you feel warm and the service is great! The only negative is their parking which is squeezed and a hassle especially if in a hurry! I would recommend it for someone for quiet evening out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We take the parking issue to be positive feedback and we will look into improving our facilities.

Nairobi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant service, Great atmosphere, Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My friend and I celebrated her birthday, at this beautiful restaurant. The ambiance was relaxed with outdoor seating, our waiter, very attentive and professional and the food and drinks were to die for. Definitely one of the best culinary experience in Nairobi so far. Highly recommended

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us at ORO. We look foward to providing you, your family and friends with many more wonderful experiences.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

After a dismal meal the previous night at the Intercontinental, I braved the traffic and the rain to eat at the Oro Restaurant. I was not disappointed. The food was great, and the service terrific. I had the sweet pork ribs with rosemary potatoes and seasonl veg. I scraped up every last morsel. I just wish the menu had a few more options... cos I could happily eat here more often

Visited April 2013
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Bill,
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our Chef is currently working on a new menu which we will be launching soon and will be inviting you and your friends to come and try out. We look forward to welcoming you and serving you at the 'Oro Restaurant & Lounge.
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Amazing restaurant, amazing chef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fabulous and cosy ambience. Great food. A truly haute cuisine chef. I hear she was with the famous Olive Bar and Kitchen in New Delhi. Looking forward to new things to come.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oro Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The initial things that you notice in this new uptown address is the
beautiful elegant interior, the cozy seating and the outstanding waiting
staff. the food is very exquisite variety of dishes beautifully presented and delicious.
I enjoyed my Spaghetti alla Carbonara and my partner had the chef's special chicken.

We will surely come back to enjoy ourselves at ORO with good wine and
dining experience.