“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 327 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: ORO Restaurant and Lounge NairobiDark wood, hints of gold, subtle lighting and a sense of intimacy are your invitation into ORO. Meaning ‘Gold’, ORO is Nairobi’s newest Oasis. Located in the tranquil suburb of State House it offers an escape from the city bustle. Exuding subtle elegance it provides the perfect atmosphere for a convivial catch up or romantic dinner and is ideal for Lunch or an after work drink for those working in the CBD and its environs.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

After a dismal meal the previous night at the Intercontinental, I braved the traffic and the rain to eat at the Oro Restaurant. I was not disappointed. The food was great, and the service terrific. I had the sweet pork ribs with rosemary potatoes and seasonl veg. I scraped up every last morsel. I just wish the menu had a few more options... cos I could happily eat here more often

Visited April 2013
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Bill,
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our Chef is currently working on a new menu which we will be launching soon and will be inviting you and your friends to come and try out. We look forward to welcoming you and serving you at the 'Oro Restaurant & Lounge.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Amazing restaurant, amazing chef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous and cosy ambience. Great food. A truly haute cuisine chef. I hear she was with the famous Olive Bar and Kitchen in New Delhi. Looking forward to new things to come.

Nairobi, Kenya
“Oro Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The initial things that you notice in this new uptown address is the
beautiful elegant interior, the cozy seating and the outstanding waiting
staff. the food is very exquisite variety of dishes beautifully presented and delicious.
I enjoyed my Spaghetti alla Carbonara and my partner had the chef's special chicken.

We will surely come back to enjoy ourselves at ORO with good wine and
dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
nairobi
“Great mojitos! superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'd been hearing about these mojito nights at ORO, and something about last week told me that i must go and check it out! its not everyday i go to places solo but first things first, well received by the reception and welcome to this really well done place! simple, contemporary, ultimately classy! loved the mojitos and the grilled fish was simply out of the ordinary! cant wait for wednesday!

Nairobi
“Fabulous!! Just Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Received a Facebook mid-week Mojito Night invite and of course it being a dull week, I had the need to call up my gang to get entertained!!! The reception was amazing!

From the gate to the lounge! The security seemed thorough as the Lounge is in the midst of services apartments and is fairly new. (Well it being next to the president’s house it had to be)

The Mojito's were flowing as I was ordering one after the other and with the chef enticing me with the free absolutely delish samosa bitings and bruschetta! The food was also great as I ordered an Al Pepenero.

What struck me the most was the ambience of the total strangers who were guests and the management that we met and hit it of like long time buddies with engaging conversation and entertainment!! Not only did I go there for a mid-week alcoholic requirement, but also made new friends!!!

I am definitely coming back next week and every week for Mojito night!!!