“Oro Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #104 of 343 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: ORO Restaurant and Lounge NairobiDark wood, hints of gold, subtle lighting and a sense of intimacy are your invitation into ORO. Meaning ‘Gold’, ORO is Nairobi’s newest Oasis. Located in the tranquil suburb of State House it offers an escape from the city bustle. Exuding subtle elegance it provides the perfect atmosphere for a convivial catch up or romantic dinner and is ideal for Lunch or an after work drink for those working in the CBD and its environs.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Oro Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The initial things that you notice in this new uptown address is the
beautiful elegant interior, the cozy seating and the outstanding waiting
staff. the food is very exquisite variety of dishes beautifully presented and delicious.
I enjoyed my Spaghetti alla Carbonara and my partner had the chef's special chicken.

We will surely come back to enjoy ourselves at ORO with good wine and
dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

nairobi
“Great mojitos! superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'd been hearing about these mojito nights at ORO, and something about last week told me that i must go and check it out! its not everyday i go to places solo but first things first, well received by the reception and welcome to this really well done place! simple, contemporary, ultimately classy! loved the mojitos and the grilled fish was simply out of the ordinary! cant wait for wednesday!

Nairobi
“Fabulous!! Just Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Received a Facebook mid-week Mojito Night invite and of course it being a dull week, I had the need to call up my gang to get entertained!!! The reception was amazing!

From the gate to the lounge! The security seemed thorough as the Lounge is in the midst of services apartments and is fairly new. (Well it being next to the president’s house it had to be)

The Mojito's were flowing as I was ordering one after the other and with the chef enticing me with the free absolutely delish samosa bitings and bruschetta! The food was also great as I ordered an Al Pepenero.

What struck me the most was the ambience of the total strangers who were guests and the management that we met and hit it of like long time buddies with engaging conversation and entertainment!! Not only did I go there for a mid-week alcoholic requirement, but also made new friends!!!

I am definitely coming back next week and every week for Mojito night!!!

portugal, Lisbon
“Nairobi's Newest Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is the new secret in town. An uptown urban bar and restaurant that serves the best cocktails in town and the most tasteful meals that will tantalize your taste buds with every bite. The service is superb considering we were a big group that happened on a theme night (Mojito night) and they got their orders right and the food arrived at the same time while still warm . The owners made sure everyone was comfortable and well taken care of. We all went home happy and not cursing the night (as usual). We shall definitely visit again. :)

Nairobi
“Terrible service and approach to customers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My immediate sense of trouble began at the entrance gate which is guarded by rather ignorant security guards who inquire from you as a restaurant patron whom you are going to see at the restaurant and ask you to leave your Identification details at the gate.
Upon entry into the restaurant, it took 17 minutes to get service yet there were only 2 other patrons! Orders were mixed up,ingredients were missing eg it took 10 minutes for the waitstaff to inform me that I could not have a strawberry daiquiri as they were out of white rum and that my date could not have a diet coke as they had none!! How do these miss in a restaurant/lounge? All the while, the owner of the restaurant was present but never bothered to check on us.
We chose to eat elsewhere as the service was irritating enough to make us leave so cannot comment on the food.
On the up side, the place has a wonderful ambiance and clean bathrooms. However, their indifference to patrons and poor service will surely be their downfall. There's only so long a restaurant can be sustained by the tenants of the suite premises within which it is located in.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere