“Great Day Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 121 Activities in Nairobi
Toronto, Canada
“Great Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My friend and I had a great time with OTA. Tracey was really helpful with her e-mails and I knew exactly what to expect. Our plane was several hours delayed but the driver had patiently waited for us at the airport. He knew exactly where to go and we could take as much time at each attraction as we wanted. We were also able to leave donations for the 'Pack for a Purpose' group with him. It was an excellent day trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Brisbane, Australia
“African safari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We spent a lovely couple of weeks with Tracey and Francis. I shared this trip with my daughter who lives overseas so it was a great time together. OTA was very helpful and made sure all our needs were met. I had a free day before my daughter flew in and Tracey took good care of me by taking me to see the giraffes and the orphan elephants in Nairobi. We then did a road trip to Naivasha, Massai Mara and Lake Nakuru before travelling up into Uganda. We had a lovely day riding bicycles in Hell's Gate and climbed Mt Longonot. OTA was excellent with all the information we needed before we left. Emails each week to get us ready. They made the tour very flexible to meet our needs and time restraints. I would be very happy to recommend them as an affordable, friendly, fun tour company.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Doha, Qatar
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first trip to Africa and didn't know what to expect so I decided I'd feel safer with a tour. I was recommended OTA by a distant connection and was not disappointed. From the very first email inquiry to the moment we left Nairobi, Tracey and Francis gave us a safari with personal touches. They were genuine and did not treat us "like any other client". After matching the price of another tour, it was this personal touch that tipped the scales to go with OTA. My friend and I took a private 6-day tour to Nairobi, Masai Mara and Lake Naivasha. OTA was great about listening to our needs and wants and incorporated it into the tour giving us lots of wildlife and physical activity. They also were very accommodating when we had a last minute flight change.

The only small disappointment was that OTA intended to incorporate an afternoon of volunteering for us but unfortunately, it fell through while we were there. The volunteering element was a distinguishing service from other tour companies and a key reason we chose OTA. However, they gave us alternative activities and I still feel confident that the next time I visit Africa, OTA would still be able to provide me volunteering opportunities / connections.

Overall, I would use OTA again and highly recommend their services!

Gold Coast, Australia
“Authentic, respectable, enjoyable and exhilarating experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

OTA created a customised tour based on what I wanted to see/experience/visit. It was a fantastic trip filled with education, great service, great landscapes, wildlife and full on adventures.
These trips are authentic, respectful, honest and I felt very safe. Frances was a reliable and engaging driver, who knew a lot about his country and wider African Culture. Accomodation was great (tents and a small building in the middle of the Masaii Mara). I would not hesitate taking a trip with OTA and experiencing excellent travel.

Visited July 2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Perfect insider's knowledge of all things Kenyan as well as personal attention and care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had left Tanzania disheartened. My Tanzanian tour operator had been anything but service-oriented on the tour to the Serengeti and Ngorongoro the days before and the stay in Arusha had been very difficult. So upon arriving in Nairobi, I actually wondered why on earth I should do more African safaris. Wouldn't all the tour operators be the same anyways?

But since I still had some days to kill in Kenya, didn't want to pay to change my ticket, and was after all interested in wildlife while knowing that I might never again get a chance to see Africa, I decided to give OTA a go. I had been in touch with Tracey (there are countless tour operators/agencies in East Africa and you can't write to them all but I found OTA on some responsible tourism website and, being an Ecotourism graduate, this appealed to me so I only wrote to companies listed there) and I was amazed at the amount of information she put down and also the passion that shined through. These were not the short almost copy-paste response that you might expect from a larger operator. So even if my money was about to run out, I decided to forget about it and asked Tracey if they could take me to Samburu and Tsavo West.

I can say that Tracey and Francis repaired a lot of what the Tanzanian operator had damaged. Had I not met them, I would have left Africa totally disappointed and totally disillusioned. But the two of them are just a perfect mix. Francis is a born-and-bred Kenyan whose insight into and knowledge of his country is amazing. There was not a question that he could not answer. These were also the weeks leading up to the presidential elections. Francis presented me with some very interesting views on how things might turn out and how things have been. He is also a very balanced man and a confident driver (the traffic in East Africa is horrible but Francis made me comfortable). Australia-born Tracey then offers a foreigner's view of Kenya and is almost too keen to help out and give you honest advise.

My three weeks in East Africa were difficult as I had never been to Africa before and I learnt many things the hard way. But it would have been a much harder experience if not for Tracey and Francis. They are starting the company and will provide you with what many larger and older tour operators will not: personal attention and care.

Give them a go, you won't regret it!

Visited February 2013